Questions About Awakening Spotpass Teams

Randoman

So I only found out about this now from the Awakening main site:

Warning: In the North American and European versions, including legacy characters (from DLC or SpotPass) in your StreetPass Team prevents your team from showing up in other player’s games.

That definitely would've been nice to know before going to all 3 days of the anime convention this weekend (I would've switched out DLC Marth and DLC Leif with other characters). Well, I know that it's no one's fault, and there's nothing to be done about it now.

Anyways, I did have a few questions for next time: do units like Emmeryn and Priam (a.k.a. the Bonus Box chapter characters) prevent your team from showing up in other people's games, or are they allowed to be used in Streetpass teams?

Also, would my team have been able to make it onto people who had Japanese 3DS' and Japanese Awakening copies? (As in, would my NA Awakening team have been transferred over to the Japan Awakening cartridges, since the quote above doesn't say anything about the Japanese version not accepting teams from American and European Awakening cartridges) I'm hoping my team at least made it on their copies, since I did encounter a fair amount of streetpasses from people with Japanese 3DS'.

Streetpass avatars (from previous playthroughs or another player's avatar) and Spotpass paralogue characters are A-OK for use in Streetpass teams.

And IIRC, Streetpass teams are region-locked.

Only the SpotPass and DLC legacy characters trigger this bug. As mentioned, guest Avatars and the story characters from the bonus Paralogues are fine to use.

My StreetPass team uses a guest Avatar and Priam and everyone seems to receive it fine (such as my other 3DS).

Thanks for the answers.

Also, if I were to have units with supports on my Spotpass team (eg: Chrom and Robin with an A Support), would the supports be active when other people are battling my team on their 3DS's?

Thanks for the answers.

Also, if I were to have units with supports on my Spotpass team (eg: Chrom and Robin with an A Support), would the supports be active when other people are battling my team on their 3DS's?

No, supports wouldn't be active in the AI team and the AI team cannot Pair-Up. In terms of strategies, it's pretty much just hitting as fast and hard as you can as your Streetpass team (as the AI team) will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage against a well-prepared team.

If Streetpass teams are still being fought these days, very common skills that are equipped are Hit-boosting skills, Weaponbreakers, attack skills (you'd usually see Lethality, Astra, Aether, Luna, Ignis), Counter, Aggressor, and Limit Break. Brave weapons would typically be the weapons of choice.

A win for your AI team is to simply make the receiving player reset the game (ie. Classic mode death or defeat of Chrom or the avatar). Therefore, skills like Galeforce and Lifetaker are useless on a Streetpass team.

A rather trolly team known consists of 10 male avatars with +STR/-DEF and equipped with Limit Break, Aggressor, Luna, Ignis, and Counter.

Edited by Roflolxp54