Tales of Symphonia help!

sunshineYON

I'm like 40 hours in and just found out about the sword dancer...

Is there anyway I can still fight him. I checked guides online but the sword dancer doesn't seem to be where they say he would be.

Also, is there a reason why my characters aren't learning new techs. Its been a while since Lloyd or Genis learned anything new. Lloyd has attacks like Hurricane Thrust and OmegaTempest in blue, and Genis has Prism Sword and Sprial Flare in blue, but they aren't learning them.

Thanks.

The blue means that it's on the other line. (The S/T line) To switch lines you need to set EX skills of the line you wanna switch to, but you'll lose the skills on the other line. The Sword Dancer only appears within a certain amount of time. For example, Sword Dancer 1 (in the mountain part) I fought around level 14 because it was my first time through that area when he appears. In order for the next Sword Dancer to appear you must kill the past one, and you must be at the correct time in the game.There are 3 Sword Dancers. Also, try using your skills a lot more. (If there are any skills below 50 get them up there)

Is there anyway I can still fight him. I checked guides online but the sword dancer doesn't seem to be where they say he would be.

If you missed the first fight, you have to try next PT.

It's unavailable after you go to the tower of salvation the first time.

Also, is there a reason why my characters aren't learning new techs. Its been a while since Lloyd or Genis learned anything new. Lloyd has attacks like Hurricane Thrust and OmegaTempest in blue, and Genis has Prism Sword and Sprial Flare in blue, but they aren't learning them.

Blue means you're CLOSE to learning it. Fight normally until you do get them. If you want to learn new techs then try switching your dominant Exsphere type to the other one. You can also have moves from both types (S and T) if you're playing the GC version.

If you haven't gone to another area go to the mountains where you fight Sheena. He is in the caves.

Misaki is 40 hours in. He said so in the first post. He said he just found out about it. That's like, less than 5 hours into the game. Re-read the first post and do it carefully.

Edited by Hikarusa

Thanks guys. Too bad I can't fight the sword dancers. I heard you get the most ridiculous sword for Lloyd if you beat all 3, oh well.

And if blue means close to learning it, I'm confused, because its been blue for a while... :blink:

I know

but he doesn't disappear until you go to Teteha'lla (did my best to spell)

But he probably is there already so nvm. : P

Edited by Slayer

Thanks guys. Too bad I can't fight the sword dancers. I heard you get the most ridiculous sword for Lloyd if you beat all 3, oh well.

And if blue means close to learning it, I'm confused, because its been blue for a while... :blink:

It means what both MA said and what I said actually.

I know

but he doesn't disappear until you go to Teteha'lla (did my best to spell)

But he probably is there already so nvm. : P

I beat the game at 44 hours. It should NOT take you 40 hours to get there the first time.

Edited by Hikarusa