Dear Intelligent Systems.

The huge rosters tend to give a big amount of replay value already.

Although maybe seeing another game in the vein of 4 (being able to use everyone on every map) should be tried again, although with a much smaller roster than typical FE of course.

Even without being able to deploy everyone, a system to give experience to unused characters would be helpful. I always tend to try everyone, but it's been easier in FE4, thanks to the arena granting a solid amount of exp to everyone, and PoR, thanks to the bonus exp you can give characters in the battle preparations. Fire Emblem games need a way to make unused characters not fall completely behind.

Even without being able to deploy everyone, a system to give experience to unused characters would be helpful. I always tend to try everyone, but it's been easier in FE4, thanks to the arena granting a solid amount of exp to everyone, and PoR, thanks to the bonus exp you can give characters in the battle preparations. Fire Emblem games need a way to make unused characters not fall completely behind.

Well Awakening, Birthright, Revalation, and if you have DLC, Conquest, all have grinding so unused characters can catch up should they fall behind. I would like to see BEXP return though, along with base conversations.

I'd like to see a castle defense mode, it'd probably be pretty fun to play. I have no complaints about character usability (lolRevelation though) or replayability though, they're pretty fine as is. And I don't care for BEXP personally, I always prioritized going at my own pace and only getting BEXP when it's convenient, and it can inherently be used to create overly buff characters and make the game too easy when the on-map exp is distributed well already, so meh. I'd prefer to see a version of FE12's drill grounds.

Edited by Gradivus.

I wouldn't mind if it is but this won't attack the (supposed) issue you say. FE is naturally a game with limited deployment and imo that's not an issue.

Unless you want FE to be more alike an RPG with like 10 or 12 characters and make them all usable by some points of the game.

Castle defense sounds like a fun end-game mode, or similar to a link arena, not granting any rewards in your save file, but still accessible.

Personally, I don't like grinding alongside the main story, but I do want a way to level up units when the main story is over.

It'd be a fairly interesting thing to include for post game, although I'm not sure if the attention would be better put into developing the main game instead.

Well Awakening, Birthright, Revalation, and if you have DLC, Conquest, all have grinding so unused characters can catch up should they fall behind.

My only problem with this system if it's reused is that you're basically taking time to use characters you'll probably never use in the first place unless it's a second run or you want to diversify. For example: if you're only going to use one ninja why train up Kaze , if you're just going to keep using Saizo when a main story chapter comes up? You'd have to train Kaze back up again after a few chapters have passed without actually utilizing him.

Despite everything, I think Genealogy and Thracia did it best for using all characters. Genealogy since you could deploy everyone and Thracia because of it's fatigue system not letting you rely on your same setup every time. I doubt such a system would fly as smoothly in this age, but it does solve the problem. Big maps however will forever be a hindrance to anything not mounted so I think Thracia tops Genealogy a bit in that regard.

Edited by Raguna

Castle defense sounds like a fun end-game mode, or similar to a link arena, not granting any rewards in your save file, but still accessible.

Personally, I don't like grinding alongside the main story, but I do want a way to level up units when the main story is over.

I think they could make it interesting by offering rewards such as unique weapons/characters/extras if you could survive a certain number of turns.

I wouldn't mind if it is but this won't attack the (supposed) issue you say. FE is naturally a game with limited deployment and imo that's not an issue.

Unless you want FE to be more alike an RPG with like 10 or 12 characters and make them all usable by some points of the game.

The ability to deploy all units is just a bonus. The main appeal of this mode to me is to see how many turns you can last while comparing your results to others.

Edited by random medallion