Pairings for Conquest!

MeddlingMage

I'm doing another Conquest run right after I get done with Birthright and its time to set up the pairings. Here they are:

F!Corrin x Odin

Xander x Selena

Leo x Felicia

Niles x Elise

Benny x Camilla

Kaze x Azura

Keaton x Effie

Silas x Mozu

Laslow x Charlotte

Arthur x Beruka

Jakob x Peri

I was trying to stay away from the pairings from my last Conquest file. Thoughts, guys.

Edited by MeddlingMage

Looks pretty good. In general, my only real recommendation would be switching Beruka and Peri's husbands. Also, the Benny and Charlotte pairing becomes an issue if you don't intend on using Charlotte as a main combat unit (I.E. not a stance bot), as most other guys use her better than Benny.

Also, while I haven't done it before, I've heard an Effie!Dwyer recruited ASAP and reclassed to Cavalier is really useful during the main game.

Looks pretty good. In general, my only real recommendation would be switching Beruka and Peri's husbands. Also, the Benny and Charlotte pairing becomes an issue if you don't intend on using Charlotte as a main combat unit (I.E. not a stance bot), as most other guys use her better than Benny.

Also, while I haven't done it before, I've heard an Effie!Dwyer recruited ASAP and reclassed to Cavalier is really useful during the main game.

Last time I put Charlotte with Xander and Benny with Beruka. Is there a better option for Charlotte other than Xander?

Last time I put Charlotte with Xander and Benny with Beruka. Is there a better option for Charlotte other than Xander?

Laslow

Soliel likes harlot as a mother to gain hp+5 and patch up her hp growth a bit, trigger her personal with big big stats on pairup, and not nuke soliels solid af growths in everything important. Master ninja has such high skill inherently that soliel can get away with tanking harlots cancer skill mod.

Benny likes wyvern access so breeding him and Camilia isn't a big deal and Cam already has everything she wants from inherent's and beruka.

Edited by joshcja

Charlotte!Soleil's Growths as a Master Ninja look a tad crazy and her personal with Zerker Charlotte as her Pair Up Partner sounds pretty ridiculous. I second joshcja on that switch.

I was wondering would Effie!Velouria be good one?

You might want to reconsider Effie!Dwyer and Selena!Siegbert. I would switch them if I were you.

Whats wrong with Selena!Siegbert. I like Selena way too much to put her with Jakob. Edited by MeddlingMage

You might want to reconsider Effie!Dwyer and Selena!Siegbert. I would switch them if I were you.

Umm, I fail to see how Xander getting a lot of Speed, Selena getting the Cav tree and Siegbert having Growths similar to Silas is a bad thing? Heck, as awkward as EffiexJakob might sound, the Dwyer it produces can easily go Cavalier and have fantastic mounted offense to either compliment or replace his mother. Effie and Xander don't really mix well Guard Stance wise, though Effie does love Cavalier. Selena and Jakob only really work out if Jakob went Paladin or Great Knight and even then, I think the Dwyer is pretty inferior to Effie!Dwyer.

Whats wrong with Selena!Siegbert. I like Selena way too much to put her with Jakob.

Effie!Velouria has absolutely ridiculous Strength (75% as a Wolfseggner. Only 5% less than Knight/General Effie), great HP, Spd and Defense. However, the main draw is that Velouria get's a +7 Strength Cap and has Berserker access. She's pretty stronk is what I'm saying. It's up there with Selena and Camilla for my favorite variant of Velouria personally. Honestly, despite just vouching for Effie!Dwyer, KeatonxEffie and JakobxAzura probably works out better, the resulting kids are all pretty darn good.

Edited by Avalanche

Whats wrong with Selena!Siegbert. I like Selena way too much to put her with Jakob.

Fair warning any advise I give is heavily slanted for lunatic!CQ, I'm physically incapable of picking a different game mode

Azura!Veloria seems almost viable if keaton passes down hp+5 to fix azura's awful bulk mods, since veloria can pick up the early bronze bow forge as a kinshi and blick everything off her rad bases. Keaton himself is going to be utter dogshit in that pairing as anything but a pairup bot because his bases are waaaay too low to function as a kinshi, but keaton is always dogshit in CQ outside of giving Arthur Deathblow. (yes that's a thing, and it's glorious)

Nothing wrong with the pairing, Seigbert is garbage regardless of who his mother is, he joins too late and has too much overlap with much much better units even if you support grid to get him on ch17, he's just there to be mommys little pairup bot and selena makes good use of gallant. Selena gives xander bow knight/hero to fix his bootybutt skill/speed when he's done with his midgame draco phase. Xander can also pretty freely build supoorts with bow knight/Kinshi knight!Selena in attack stance in this segment of the game as well for ease of use.

Notes for effie!dwyer use: You generally want to get dwyer pre ch10 if you're using him as a cav and passing tomebreaker&def+2 allows him to hard outclass xander in the cav tree, build D lances for a light forge javelin and C swords for levin ASAP. His bases are also complete overkill for the early game so that's a thing.

Edited by joshcja

I didn't want to clog up the board with another 'same' topic, so I hope it's okay to ask this here since this is a Conquest pairings thread... If not, I'll go repost my own, but anyways, how are these pairings for a Conquest/Hard run;

MU!Gunter

Azura!Niles

Jakob!Selena

Kaze!Beruka

Silas!Peri

Arthur!Mozu

Odin!Elise

Laslow!Charlotte

Benny!Camilla

Leo!Nyx

Keaton!Effie

Xander!Felicia

Also, my buddy pairings are;

Gunter/Jakob

Kaze/Silas

Arthur/Niles

Odin/Leo

Laslow/Xander

Benny/Keaton

Azura/Elise

Felicia/Flora

Mozu/Effie

Selena/Beruka

Peri/Charlotte

Should I swap around Selena to Xander, and if so, who should go with Jakob then?

My Avatar has Wyvern Rider as a talent and +Str/-Luck.

I'm trying to aim for not only having solid (re: pants-on-head broken as feth!) kids, but also trying to limit class overlap as much as possible.

@OP: I definitely approve of the Leo x Felicia and Arthur x Beruka pairings. Both create really good children, and Felicia!Forrest also has the bonus of the pink hair matching perfectly with his outfit <3 Since Dwyer is pretty physical, Effie works pretty well as his mother too.

I'm doing another Conquest run right after I get done with Birthright and its time to set up the pairings. Here they are:

F!Corrin x Odin

Xander x Selena

Leo x Felicia

Niles x Elise

Benny x Camilla

Keaton x Azura

Kaze x Peri

Silas x Mozu

Jakob x Effie

Laslow x Charlotte

Arthur x Beruka

I was trying to stay away from the pairings from my last Conquest file. Thoughts, guys.

I also did Xander x Selena

From Memory I did

Male Corrin x Nyx

Xander x Selena

Kaze x Camilla

Leo x Mozu

Niles x Azura

Felicia x Benny

Silas x Effie

Arthur x Elise

Peri x Laslow

Charlotte x Keaton

I didn't want to clog up the board with another 'same' topic, so I hope it's okay to ask this here since this is a Conquest pairings thread... If not, I'll go repost my own, but anyways, how are these pairings for a Conquest/Hard run;

MU!Gunter

Azura!Niles

Jakob!Selena

Kaze!Beruka

Silas!Peri

Arthur!Mozu

Odin!Elise

Laslow!Charlotte

Benny!Camilla

Leo!Nyx

Keaton!Effie

Xander!Felicia

Also, my buddy pairings are;

Gunter/Jakob

Kaze/Silas

Arthur/Niles

Odin/Leo

Laslow/Xander

Benny/Keaton

Azura/Elise

Felicia/Flora

Mozu/Effie

Selena/Beruka

Peri/Charlotte

Should I swap around Selena to Xander, and if so, who should go with Jakob then?

My Avatar has Wyvern Rider as a talent and +Str/-Luck.

I'm trying to aim for not only having solid (re: pants-on-head broken as feth!) kids, but also trying to limit class overlap as much as possible.

Repost this in your own thread. Hijacking topics isn't very polite.

TC: I wouldn't worry too much about Soliel's ability - she can trigger it on herself via Replicate. Charlotte does have nice mods, though I'm not sure how well Soliel will pull off blond hair. If you want to make Siegbert useful, have him marry Velouria, then reclass to Berserker for a hell of a pair-up bonus. Velouria can be whatever she feels like.

@Michelaar: Gotcha! Who then should I pair with a female +str/-luck MU?

I suggest a child character, if you don't want that, go for Shura

Changed around a couple pairings.

Looks good to me. I guess my only remaining questions would be what Difficulty are you playing on and which kids do you see yourself wanting to use?

@ Avalanche: Probably on Casual Hard. The main kids I will be using will be the 4 beautiful ladies (Velouria, Ophelia, Nina, and Soleil).

Sounds great. My only piece of advice would be to go Adventurer with Nina. Good luck!

Would this be a good setup for my F!Corrin?

Boon/ Bane: +Magic/ -Luck

Secondary Class: Diviner

-skill is better for the higher mag cap, it's the main reason you bother using the MUxOdin pairing.

Edited by joshcja