Bryce's Wishblade

really? didn't know that....

but it still doesn't change what i meant.

after all, Alondite IS blessed by the goddess, so it should be able to hurt him (note the should)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should, and if they expected you to be able to get it without hacking, they probably would've made it able to hurt Ashnard.

It should, and if they expected you to be able to get it without hacking, they probably would've made it able to hurt Ashnard.

or they probably did it on purpose, so that if you get it by hacking, you still can't use it against ashnard...

Technically I'd think it was because of their armor >.>

they dont want you to hack their games regardless

The issue is more about illegal downloading and running of their software without you paying for it, moreso than modifying their data :/

hacking is for lamewads or bored people who have nothing better to do....

oh yeah.... i forgot about when u hacked. Funny stuff

Ok, it's also for pleasure of the game as well

You know, lots of FE info comes from hacking the game.

For instance, how on earth would you obtain growth rates otherwise (outside of guidebooks, which don't always have them)?

You know, lots of FE info comes from hacking the game.

For instance, how on earth would you obtain growth rates otherwise (outside of guidebooks, which don't always have them)?

how DO you get that info?

I realize you can access them by hacking, thanks for both saying that....Metal Rabbit is right, I was wondering exactly how, like with what kind of hacking device and things like that.

I realize you can access them by hacking, thanks for both saying that....Metal Rabbit is right, I was wondering exactly how, like with what kind of hacking device and things like that.

The basic tool for hacking is a Hex Editor. This basically allows you to read and alter computer code (eg. ROMs).

Actual hacking relies on logic and understanding of how data is stored.

For instance, assume that we know what the growths are (of course this is impossible if you're trying to figure them out from first principles), we can guess that they're stored in a row without gaps, eg. 50% HP 60% STR and 70% SKL is read as 50 60 70 (which is true).

However hex editors work in hexadecimal (numbers to the base 16, as opposed to "normal numbers" that are to the base 10). So those numbers become 32 3C 46 (check it with your Windows/Microsoft Calculator). You can run a search on these numbers and if you guessed right you'll find a match or some matches (hopefully one of these matches is the one that you want).

If you don't find anything, you've probably done something wrong, so you keep trying different things until you do find them (or just give up if it's looking impossible). For instance you can add 00's between each number (eg. 50 00 60 00 70), or swap the ordering of some numbers (in the GBA games Luck growth is actually the final growth).

Hopefully my description was clear. More complicated hacking just relies on more complicated logic and knowledge of the game code.