[FE7] Item Icon bug!

Avril Lavigne

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48733

So the patch was missing for this.

Maybe some of you will know what I'm talking about, but when you try to expand the weapon icons too far, it begins to have some weird effect where your icon will disappear and clone other icons when swiping up and down through your characters' items.

Anyways, does anyone know where the patch is? Or any other way of fixing it?

And does anyone know the limit on expansion with the bug? Thx

Edited by Avril Lavigne

http://camdar.io/notes/Fire%20Emblem/FE7/Custom%20Routines/Item%20Icon%20Bugfix

i'll admit that i've been less-than-diligent about updating all of my old stuff to the new links.

K i feel dumb but I actually don't know what to do with these files.... I read the notes.txt but am not exactly sure what to do!

Can you help me out with that? Please and thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to be the dumbass here, but I'm not really sure what to do still... what programs do I need?

Could I get a step-by-step maybe? Would really appreciate it so I do it right. There are quite a few files here and I do not know how to work any of them.

click the link that says patch

download any assembly patcher (if you're using mine, download one of the zips named "release")

patch your ROM

Do you know where the patch is in the ROM?

Like is it at 0xD00000? Or something?

Also, they are all these ".py" and ".pyc" files for the Assembly Patcher. How do I get these to work?

yZS2ILe.png

The first link you sent was of this stuff, and nothing here directs me really where to go:

G0L1A9h.png

And the link that says "patch" in the original thread is BROKEN!! :(

I really want this to work but there are just too many files. I also can't find that "release" zip. Both links in the original thread are broken actually.

I don't know if I'm just a complete idiot, but no one has come forth saying they've figured it out and I would reeeaalllyy like this to work.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Cam's assembly patcher takes a ROM and a .dmp as inputs. The patcher is written in Python, which you can get here: https://www.python.org/downloads/

You need Python, prelimfix.dmp, and a FE7 rom.

After installing python, run run.py. You'll get a command prompt-style window. Put your rom and prelimfix.dmp in the same folder as the patcher. In the patcher's window, type open fe7.gba or whatever you named your rom, and then hit enter. Afterwards, type load prelimfix.dmp. Hit enter. After that, type process, enter it, then type close. It will output a fe7_patched.gba file.

Cam's assembly patcher takes a ROM and a .dmp as inputs. The patcher is written in Python, which you can get here: https://www.python.org/downloads/

After installing python, run run.py. You'll get a command prompt-style window. Put your rom and prelimfix.dmp in the same folder as the patcher. In the patcher's window, type open fe7.gba or whatever you named your rom, and then hit enter. Afterwards, type load prelimfix.dmp. Hit enter. After that, type process, enter it, then type close. It will output a fe7_patched.gba file.

Aaaahhh okay that clears a lot up. I'll see if this works thank you.

Did everything you did and the bug still persists. Double checked to make sure I followed the instructions correctly and I was.

Soooooooo now what? I looked at 0xD01000 to see if anything changed, because supposedly in the original post it says that's where it is written, but nothing changed.

Hmmm....

you have to "patch" the file after "process"ing it

you can use the builtin "help" command if you're confused

Quoting both of y'all because it worked. THANK YOU.