Fire Emblem 1 strange ending finding.

ReyVGM

I was fiddling with character modifier codes to get all the character epilogues in the ending, and in one of the codes (6C25:34, which is supposed to be Gato/Gotoh) I came across this:

SZY6D05.png

It's using the Michalis boss sprite, but take a look at the name: セイバー. That's Savor/Saber/Sevr from FE Gaiden. Does that character even appear in the first game in any way?

Not quite, actually! Sevr's name is actually セーバー, while this character's is セイバー. It is undoubtedly very similar, though, and this unfortunate dummied out guy here could easily have evolved into the Sevr a few of us know and even fewer of us actually care about from Gaiden.

As a matter of fact, Saber here is actually documented (very briefly) in the unused content section of this very site!

I didn't know he actually had a defined ending blurb, though; I'm kinda curious what it says.

Edited by Topaz Light

This is interesting; I've never seen it before (but I do vaguely recall reading about it in the Unused Content section).

I didn't know he actually had a defined ending blurb, though; I'm kinda curious what it says.

"Seeking the truths of the world, he wanders through various countries."

It reminds me a little of Wendell's ending, although I'm only familiar with its English translation.

Oh, thanks! Doesn't really tell us a whole lot about him, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

I haven't actually finished Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light before, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just gives the same endings to multiple characters, similar to how so many characters share or almost share portraits. I could be wrong, though, and there's always the possibility that his ending just has the same pointer as Wendell's or something.

Still, this is pretty cool! I wonder if he has defined growth rates and base stats/inventory?

Okay, sooo...

Saber's ending is...

SZY6D05.png

セイバー
せかいのしんりを もとめて
しょこくを ほうろうしている

And, according to the text dump ReyVGM provided, Wendell's ending is this:

ウェンデル
せかいのしんりを もとめて
しょこくを ほうろうしている

So I suppose the two endings are just exactly the same. That's a little disappointing, but not really surprising, I suppose.

Edited by Topaz Light