• Soul Calibur
    • Marvel vs Capcom
    • Guilty Gear
    • Tekken
    • Street Fighter
    • SNK style
    • increase the NaCl levels, just keep adding them to smash

Don't ask the shameless KoF fan what fighting game style she wants to see. :P:

Team fighting would be interesting, to say the least. With a cast as large as FE's, it would probably work.

Whatever Killer Instinct falls under, as it's the only input fighter I'm remotely familiar with

Just make the next Smash game all Fire Emblem Characters.

Actually, just do this

Edited by MCProductions

Voted for Marvel vs Capcom styled fighter. A team fighter really suits a game series like Fire Emblem with such an expansive roster and units viable for such a fighter. Being able to have assists at any point or a possible pair up bonus with teams would be excellent implementation of in game mechanics from both the native series and the fighter style and it would give justification to putting in a cleric or priest as a playable character that you can have on your team.

I think a Guilty Gear styled fighter would allow the characters personalities be added to their movesets along with class stuff.

Theres alot you can do in that kind of a fighter.

And by SNK btw what do you mean @The OP, do you mean Fatal Fury style, do you mean KoF, Samurai Shodown, Last Blade.... They've had so many different styles its kind of hard to just say SNK :P:

And by SNK btw what do you mean @The OP, do you mean Fatal Fury style, do you mean KoF, Samurai Shodown, Last Blade.... They've had so many different styles its kind of hard to just say SNK :P:

I feel like SNK games have a similar feel to them. I mean, you could say the same thing about Street Fighter being on the list. Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike are similar in name and a small portion of the cast, but the gameplay is as different as comparing Last Blade to Fatal Fury. Similar air speed, button layout and commands though.

But if I'm being specific, Last Blade is the SNK game I was referencing. Though I do think the team system in KoF would work great for FE.

KoF style is the only from the list that I trust not to screw it all up (Soul Calibur, from the games i played, have the moves feel...stale after a while; i wouldn't trust Tekken style to incorporate weapons and magic; really don't want Smash Emblem as I feel there will just be 7 base types and about 30 clones; my "vs" experience is limited to Tatsunoko vs Capcom and I don't like the art style for FE; never played much SF or GG so I can't comment), but if "other" was an option I'd mix KoF with Bloody Roar (if you have a ps2 I suggest trying Bloody Roar 4), if only for the laguz/dragons/other transformations

I feel like SNK games have a similar feel to them. I mean, you could say the same thing about Street Fighter being on the list. Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike are similar in name and a small portion of the cast, but the gameplay is as different as comparing Last Blade to Fatal Fury. Similar air speed, button layout and commands though.

But if I'm being specific, Last Blade is the SNK game I was referencing. Though I do think the team system in KoF would work great for FE.

Last Blade's system was always interesting to me, most actions were a commitment and battles weren't actually that long because of how hard most people hit haha.

But yeah I get you, I guess I think of them as more varied styles than Street Fighter and the like despite them trying various different things too.

I'd go for a Soul Calibur style since that's really the only fighting game I know well outside of Smash other than Mortal Kombat. :P

And the cast would be big so there's someone for everyone! There would be like 4-6 characters from each game/continent, including all the lords.

Honestly? None. I'm a fairly casual Smash player (best of my friends, but have gotten demolished more times than not when playing with internet acquaintances), and the complication and learning curve of a fighting game would turn me away from just about anything- FE related or not.

And I'm all for Lucina and Roy getting cut from Smash.

Honestly? None. I'm a fairly casual Smash player (best of my friends, but have gotten demolished more times than not when playing with internet acquaintances), and the complication and learning curve of a fighting game would turn me away from just about anything- FE related or not.

Something cool that Guilty Gear has been doing of late is making a super indepth tutorial and making the games a fair bit easier to manage/understand, as a result their player base has skyrocketed, granted being super good still takes alot of skill, but it takes alot less to "have fun". I'm still a scrub at Guilty Gear haha, i'm much better at Smash, Dead or Alive & SNK stuff.

I think it could work pretty well though despite that.

Edited by Jedi

It should obviously be a DoA-styled game with an even bigger emphasis on boob physics I think Soul Calibur would be the most logical one, since it is weapon oriented in the first place. Just without the graphics of post SC2 opuses (I find the characters really ugly since SC3)

I'd say Soul Calibur. It's the one other fighting game that I've mostly played besides Smash.

I ain't that big on fighting games though I suppose. Always end up being a scrub at them, so what do I know

I would rather see a Fire Emblem Warriors game, but that's for another time

It should obviously be a DoA-styled game with an even bigger emphasis on boob physics I think Soul Calibur would be the most logical one, since it is weapon oriented in the first place. Just without the graphics of post SC2 opuses (I find the characters really ugly since SC3)

I actually thought the opposite. I spend years of my life thinking Raphael was hideous. Then, SC4 came out and my life changed. Same for Yun Seong.

As for games, I chose Soul Calibur as well simply because it focuses more on weapons, in which I thought would be a good match. Besides that, some fast-paced like Guilty Gear.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I voted Soul Calibur too but things might get a little samey if characters lost their mounts. Granted, it's not like two people wielding the same weapon can't have completely different fighting styles, but what's a Wyvern Rider without the wyvern?

They can always make a Smash Emblem 2, a sequel to the popular Smash Emblem 1 (Smash Bros WiiU)

I voted Soul Calibur too but things might get a little samey if characters lost their mounts. Granted, it's not like two people wielding the same weapon can't have completely different fighting styles, but what's a Wyvern Rider without the wyvern?

They can always make a Smash Emblem 2, a sequel to the popular Smash Emblem 1 (Smash Bros WiiU)

Even though I love my fighting games, and Smash games serious and on a level playing field, there are some fun things you could do with a Smash styled game. Terrain bonuses could be interesting, standing in a fort makes you tougher to launch ect. Have promotion items ala Power Stone. Mounts could be items as well, certain characters would get bonuses for riding certain mounts.

Even though I love my fighting games, and Smash games serious and on a level playing field, there are some fun things you could do with a Smash styled game. Terrain bonuses could be interesting, standing in a fort makes you tougher to launch ect. Have promotion items ala Power Stone. Mounts could be items as well, certain characters would get bonuses for riding certain mounts.

Power Stone stuff would be amazing, maybe some Support Combos like Rival Schools.

Throw out the whole weapon triangle mechanics some people here have posted being incorporated in there.

I see it being a hindrance to design despite "being accurate" to the series.

Like if we had accurate stuff to fighting games all the time, Marth would pretty much wreck Kamui 90% of the time in Smash.

Gimme an Arc System Works game. The did well on Persona as a fighting game.