Games that are so broken, they're balance.

IceBrand

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I have used every weapon and I don't really notice any difference with my K/D ratio. All weapons are OP, all of them.

Monster Hunter Generations. The difference between the top and bottom tier weapons as far as kill times is 1 minute. In previous games, it would be as much as double. In a series where a 15-minute solo hunt was common, pretty much everything is sub-10 (I've gotten several sub-5 ones).

Gen 6 of Pokemon.

52394532.jpg

Lots of pokemon also get skill and move combinations that are pretty OP. Things like contrary (an ability that changes stat debuffs into buffs and vice versa) on the same mon as superpower (a move with 120 power and 100 accuracy that debufs your attack and defence). Granted, some such combos existed in gen 5, but they were generally dependent on hidden abilities, which were usualy really hard to get in a standard playthourgh, and were thus more the preserve of battle simulators.

Otherwise, I'd say all 3 golden sun games. You can kill everything that is not a boss by spaming summons, magic, or standard attacks (with the exeption of hard mode, which is exclusive to the second game). There is actualy an extremely deep and interesting class system...which you can pretty much ignore because you are always so OP relative to the monsters. THe exeptions are final/bonus bosses, plus one or two bosses that can be fought out of sequence (like satros and brigs)

Modern Warfare 2 was hilariously broken. You had OMA + Noobtube users bombarding shit from 2 entire maps away. Tac Knife/Commando/Lightweight/Marathon guys, who moved at the speed of light and insta-killed you the second they got within 5 feet of you. Then Silencer + Cold Blooded + Ninja Pro which made you actually undetectable on both radar and in-game. And then there were the Deathstreaks and the Akimbo 1887's (before being patched) and on and on and on. The only thing that wasn't OP in that game was the F2000.

Dota 2 also comes to mind. This is a game where a guy can summon an evil death turret that can melt dudes in just a few seconds (and with an item, melt your whole team) and be INVISIBLE while doing it, a giant bear can become invincible, solo the boss monster like 10 minutes in, and hit you 8 times in like 2 seconds and get health back for every strike. The amount of ridiculous shit in Dota 2 is one of the great joys of that game.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution lets you equip an already powerful Revolver with Explosive Rounds, lets you add a small Aimbot to the Machine Pistol, and gives you a gun that lets you shoot through walls, in a game that gives you a character upgrade to see through walls. With enough Weapon Upgrades pretty much everything is usable, even the shitty 10mm Pistol you get at the start of the game.

annnnnnnnd that's all I can think of at the moment.

DOTA

Lets put it this way, at one point in the game development, one of the weakest hero in the game have a skill that removes you from the game for 15 seconds

Pokemon Gen 6 just have so many overpowered shit because Mega Evolution completely ignores the design limitation that previous gen used to have

For example, Adaptability is one of the most broken ability in pokemon, but its Balanced by virtue of only Eevee and Proygon Z have it, but Gen 6 give Adaptability to Mega Lucario, making it overpowered.

Edited by JSND

Worms Armagedon, especially on rulesets like super banana. But even on standard, everyone can be overpowered if the random placement on the map decides it really hates someone. The prod and firepunch can be more consistent than the dynamite and super sheep if a convenient pit or minefield is available.

DOTA

Lets put it this way, at one point in the game development, one of the weakest hero in the game have a skill that removes you from the game for 15 seconds

Don't forget Old Invoker's TWENTY-SEVEN spells and Riki having a death ward that he could use while invisible.

Pokemon Gen 6 just have so many overpowered shit because Mega Evolution completely ignores the design limitation that previous gen used to have

For example, Adaptability is one of the most broken ability in pokemon, but its Balanced by virtue of only Eevee and Proygon Z have it, but Gen 6 give Adaptability to Mega Lucario, making it overpowered.

Or to Mega Beedrill, for that matter.

Or Giving Huge Power to Mega Mawille (or Mega Medicham.)

Or Shadow Tag to Mega Gengar.

The list goes on...

Don't forget Old Invoker's TWENTY-SEVEN spells and Riki having a death ward that he could use while invisible.

That one was on Guinsoo Dota instead of Icefrog Dota though.

One of the most recent case that is particularly absurd is Earth Spirit really. On release he have braindead easy to pull off rock-pull-stun, 2500 range hero save when standard save spell have 900 range, and 2100 AOE damage at level 6.

A hero dedicated at burst damage have like 700 magic damage level 6, and none of them have half the utility of Earth Spirit. I think even Venomancer did not have as much damage as Earth Spirit, and Venomancer's probably the strongest her in term of damage output

Also i find Super Robot Wars W is probably the most broken SRW game in existence(i mean seriously the main character could deal 80% of the final boss hp without upgrade all by himself), but surprisingly on a restriction runs most unit get its fair share of showtime. Except for like Kazuma who become god at part 2, and click Reactor Voltekka to win

Edited by JSND