Odin

MeddlingMage

I hate to be That Guy, but his base class is his best class because he's the best nosfertank in all of Conquest. He should only swing through Samurai for two levels so he can get Vantage and Duelist's Blow, which make him practically immortal. Sure, his growths are marginally better as Samurai, but he has to dig himself out of E rank swords and he is outclassed by Mercs, who have the utility of Hand Axes or Bows upon promotion. Additionally, any male can become a Lodestar, which is basically a Swordmaster. The only difference is that you don't get the awesome skills, but let's be honest, Swordmaster is the class that can use Vantage the least effectively (unless your name is Ryoma), Astra is too unreliable to plan around, Swordfaire comes way too late to make much of a difference and Life or Death is suicide in-game and also comes far too late. I don't have any arguments against the usability of Duelist's Blow and Seal Strength, they are both fantastic skills.

I hate to be That Guy, but his base class is his best class because he's the best nosfertank in all of Conquest. He should only swing through Samurai for two levels so he can get Vantage and Duelist's Blow, which make him practically immortal. Sure, his growths are marginally better as Samurai, but he has to dig himself out of E rank swords and he is outclassed by Mercs, who have the utility of Hand Axes or Bows upon promotion. Additionally, any male can become a Lodestar, which is basically a Swordmaster. The only difference is that you don't get the awesome skills, but let's be honest, Swordmaster is the class that can use Vantage the least effectively (unless your name is Ryoma), Astra is too unreliable to plan around, Swordfaire comes way too late to make much of a difference and Life or Death is suicide in-game and also comes far too late. I don't have any arguments against the usability of Duelist's Blow and Seal Strength, they are both fantastic skills.

Hate to rain on your parade, but I honestly don't think Vantage is all that useful in this game, even for Ryoma...

Yup. I did it and he's really good. But I advise you to get some more lvls like Samurai/Trueblade, to patch up his speed. It's great to have a great damage dealer, but if he can't be solid defensively... that's no use. (Plus, Swordmaster give Swordfaire. Since Grandmaster use sword, it can be nice)

Edit : pic to support my point : https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV0aFCvnnBg

Edited by Ledrert