Kaden and Keaton

MeddlingMage

I had a Selkie a+ with a Kana and she got Malig Knight. If she gets decent magic she may actually be pretty good. She is pretty good as it overall. But you should know they won't receive your avatar's boon or bane , but Nohr Princess

Remember that Corrins Personal Growth Rates will only affect Selkie and Velouria (not Kana), but Corrins Mods affect both kids. So make sure to choose a Boon and Bane appropriate for what you want the kids to do.

I don't know enough to speak from a stats perspective, but from a classes and skills perspective, there's a cool thing you can potentially do: On the child units you can stack Grisly Wound with Poison Strike and/or Savage Blow to inflict extremely high automatic damage onto any enemy that they attack but don't kill. If you want to combine just one of those skills with Grisly Wound, it's simple to pass the desired skill down after friendship sealing with another unit to get the skill. You can also stack all three skills together on both kids if your avatar's talent provides either Poison Strike or Savage Blow and a friendship seal provides the other. (Pass down the skill you get with the friendship seal, then have each kid change class to the avatar's talent to pick up the other skill.) All three skills might be overkill but as it is a guaranteed 60% damage just for attacking (even if you miss) I thought it would be worth noting.

Sorry if you already knew about this.

Edited by ajmiam

I don't know enough to speak from a stats perspective, but from a classes and skills perspective, there's a cool thing you can potentially do: On the child units you can stack Grisly Wound with Poison Strike and/or Savage Blow to inflict extremely high automatic damage onto any enemy that they attack but don't kill. If you want to combine just one of those skills with Grisly Wound, it's simple to pass the desired skill down after friendship sealing with another unit to get the skill. You can also stack all three skills together on both kids if your avatar's talent provides either Poison Strike or Savage Blow and a friendship seal provides the other. (Pass down the skill you get with the friendship seal, then have each kid change class to the avatar's talent to pick up the other skill.) All three skills might be overkill but as it is a guaranteed 60% damage just for attacking (even if you miss) I thought it would be worth noting.

Sorry if you already knew about this.

The problem with that is that the non-Kana child will only get Nohr Princess.

I'm starting my first run of Revelations after I get done with Conquest and I plan on either marrying Kaden or Keaton. I was wondering what would be best Boon/ Bane and secondary class for having either Selkie or Velouria as a child?

If you want selkie, speed or skill as a boon all the way for any class. Bane should be magic. She doesn't really need it unless she is a magic based class.

Velouria depends on what class.

I plan on keeping Velouria as a Wolfssenger.

That's a good start. Wolfssegner can play efficiently multiple roles in your army: tanking, attacking, and a mix of both approaches, thanks to their different Stones that can radically change their stats. With Corrin as her her Mom, I'd rather go for one specific role for Velouria. The system of Boon/Bane is not ideal for mixed play IMO, whereas some mothers like Selena allow her to tank with Beastrune, play like a bulky Berserker with Beastone or Beastone+, etc. So your two choices here are:

- Passive tanking. I would definitely see Velouria as a tank here. But Keaton can do that too, so it may not be optimal if you keep Keaton once you hired Velouria.

She would need Defense, so a +Def boon works very well, as it will give her more Defense (45% base growth, like my Selena!Velouria who could be as tanky as Xander in my Conquest playthrough), more Res (30% is still not enough, so be careful to mages, even if her high HP should allow her to take a hit) and Luck (works perfeclty combined with her natural +10 Dodge, you will not have to be worried of critical hits).

It's more difficult to chose a Bane though. The way I see it is the following: as a tank, her Speed or Strength should not be too high or she will often OHKO some frail enemies, allowing more foes to come hit her and may cause her death. But you have to keep her Speed high enough to avoid being doubled. You have two choices here: either -Mag, because she won't need it anyway, and it will decrease her base Speed growth to 40 (55 with Wolfskin/Wolfssegner growths, that's still too high IMO) and negate the bonus in Res she had from +Def (you should not allow her to take magical hits anyway), or -Spd that would kill her Speed mod and decrease her Speed growth to 35% (so still 50%, that's still too high), her Skl growth (but Wolfssegner have natural +10 hit anyway) and negate the bonus in Lck she got from +Def. I might go for -Mag though.

Her role will be to sit in a position to absorb all enemy hits with a Beastrune, and she would have access to amazing skills for that, if you don't mind reclassing during your playthrough. I recommend something like Draconic Hex/Grisly Wound/ Sol, and why not Hoshidan Unity and a proc-ing defensive skill, Pavise if you're sure you won't put her in mages' range or Aegis otherwise. Sol perfectly matches her high Strength so she can heal efficiently with it (it would be a bit useless on a Falconknight for example), Grisly Wound will steal enemies' HP during their turn while Draconic Hex will inflict them a massive debuff, making them easier to kill during your turn. Since Beastrune debuffs her Skill stat, it might be smart to give her Pavise or Aegis and Hoshidan Unity to increase Sol's and Pavise's/Aegis's chances to proc. The talent does not really matter since you can pass her only one skill, and you can get all of them through Friendship seals, and you can marry her to get another skillset, so you can pick Cavalier or Knight, or marry her to Siegbert or Ignatius if you prefer. Keep in mind that all what I said is exclusively for Velouria's, so that might not benefit Keaton, Kana, or your Avatar. You can reclass her into a Nohr Noble first at level 5, give her an Arms scroll so it will increase both her Sword and Stone weapon ranks (and she will keep Stones' as a Wolfssegner), then Hero at level 8, then General or Paladin at level 11 (Paladin can use swords though), then Hoshido Noble at level 15, and finally Wolfssegner.

-Offensive force: I'm less inspired for this one. You can go either to something bulky like Xander or more frail but faster. She can turn into a crit machine through Selkie's friendship (Death Blow), like a bulky Berserker with Armored Blow or Duelist's Blow, or a debuffer, but her Strength is a bit high for that (+Grisly Wound), resulting most of the time in a OHKO for your unit that would finish off the job after her, making Draconix Hex less useful. There are too many possibilities to make a complete review.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

The first option is the best in my opinion. I did not take too much time to think about the other possibility though, so it may not be the best choice, but that looks great. That's why I'd do if I married Keaton.

Would something like +Def/-Luck be good for a defensive tank Velouria.

Would something like +Def/-Luck be good for a defensive tank Velouria.

That could work, but I'd rather go for -Mag or -Spd. That would lower her Luck, that's not that bad thanks to the +10 CEv, and she would get -2% growth in Str and Mag. -Mag is still the best choice in my opinion.

Note: that may not be optimal for Kana's mods, but her Mag is quite bad anyway.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt