Is it normal to have such a good Shanna?

CWGameplay

I'm currently playing FE6 for the first time, and I kinda loved Shanna's haircut so I used her.

Not a very optimal way of choosing units, but I usually always do it this way on my first playthroughs.

But ever since she's been an amazing unit. I looked around these threads and found a bunch of negative stuff about her, but so far she's been nothing but good.

She has higher strength than Lance right now (his is 7), her speed is capped (which I'm not sure if it's normal), and she has nice balanced def and res.

post-23324-0-85404400-1473903121_thumb.png

Shanna/Thany's average stats are here http://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/characters/average-stats/normal-mode/thany/

As a Flyer, she's automatically decent. She can be a little frail, but you get her early enough that you can raise her up easily, especially if you toss an Angelic Robe on her. She can easily get Strength screwed, which is probaly her biggest weakness, but your has higher Strength and Speed than average, so you've got a good Thany.

She's pretty blessed, but it's nothing too ridiculous. You should see some of the TASers' Shannas!

Yeah, I knew she wasn't ridiculously blessed, I was just surprised from all the bad things I hear about her. And I would be very interested in seeing one of those Shannas.

As a Flyer, she's automatically decent. She can be a little frail, but you get her early enough that you can raise her up easily, especially if you toss an Angelic Robe on her. She can easily get Strength screwed, which is probaly her biggest weakness, but your has higher Strength and Speed than average, so you've got a good Thany.

Thank you! I was considering popping an Seraph Angelic Robe on her, but wasn't sure if I'd need it for any other units. At this point she's my best candidate.

She's usually pretty good, although her lack of Str really hurts later on...although your Shanna doesn't seem to have that problem!

Also definitely give her the robe. The only other viable candidate is Roy, and I'm fairly sure you get another one before he really needs it [citation needed].

Also definitely give her the robe. The only other viable candidate is Roy, and I'm fairly sure you get another one before he really needs it [citation needed]

Chapter 11 has a free robe and the chapter 16 secret shop sells them unlimitedly, so yeah, give it to Shanna.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 weeks later...

If your like me and avoid leveling up Roy, because he promotes so late, then he will definitely need a Robe latter on so he isn't one shot by long ranged magic.

I tend to use Roy liberally early on, so he's hitting his cap early, then I use him pretty much just to seize while I level my units that are actually good and can promote.