Help with Fire Emblem Fates.

Darizuka

The greatest mistake i did and figured here is that i assumed Fates had the same levelling difficulty as Awakening.

I was wrong. Mobs are quite often heavily scaled...

And worse is 70% of my units are severely underlevelled/undermanaged.

Currently in Hoshido hard.

My current party that i deploy is.

Me (hoshidan noble)

Kana (hoshidan noble)

Crimson/Scarlet (dragon rider and wife)

Anna (witch and one of the low lvs)

Azura (songstress and super fragile)

Tatsumi (upgraded archer thingy)

Ryuuto (swordmaster)

Jakob (butler)

Megumi (archer thingy)

Silas (paladin. Weak punching bag)

Silas daughter (better than silas paladin)

9 tailed fox guy

And random filler...

Any suggestions on how i should progress?

Any suggestion on good clasa/jobs?

Any suggestions on levelling field? Boo's isnt a idealistic exp map that it boasts it was..

Just use Ryoma more, dude's a beast as long as there aren't too many lances/shurikens around.

Silas is usually pretty tanky, you might want to reclass him to great knight for more defense. He can also make use of the guard naginata (+5 def/res).

Azura will always be super fragile, but she's definitely worth using. Just make sure she's never in range of any enemies, except maybe a magic user.

Part of the problem might be that your only healer is Jakob. Sakura is very useful, though it might be too late now.

If you buy encounters to grind off of, the enemies will be about as difficult as the enemies on the original map (I think, haven't done much grinding). If you're having difficulty grinding, just buy cheaper encounters.

Remember that in Fire Emblem, you should usually focus your EXP on the dozen or so units you plan on using, rather than spreading it out on everyone.

That's all I can think of.

Edit: I just realized that I misinterpreted your problem with Silas. If he's having trouble with damage output, try giving him a silver weapon. Managing the debuffs might be tricky, but at least he'll be able to kill someone when he needs to. If you do reclass him to Great Knight, he'll get more strength, though he'll also lose speed and have trouble doubling (in this case, the practice katana/any raider weapons will be helpful).

Edited by onvars

Just use Ryoma more, dude's a beast as long as there aren't too many lances/shurikens around.

Silas is usually pretty tanky, you might want to reclass him to great knight for more defense. He can also make use of the guard naginata (+5 def/res).

Azura will always be super fragile, but she's definitely worth using. Just make sure she's never in range of any enemies, except maybe a magic user.

Part of the problem might be that your only healer is Jakob. Sakura is very useful, though it might be too late now.

If you buy encounters to grind off of, the enemies will be about as difficult as the enemies on the original map (I think, haven't done much grinding). If you're having difficulty grinding, just buy cheaper encounters.

Remember that in Fire Emblem, you should usually focus your EXP on the dozen or so units you plan on using, rather than spreading it out on everyone.

That's all I can think of.

Edit: I just realized that I misinterpreted your problem with Silas. If he's having trouble with damage output, try giving him a silver weapon. Managing the debuffs might be tricky, but at least he'll be able to kill someone when he needs to. If you do reclass him to Great Knight, he'll get more strength, though he'll also lose speed and have trouble doubling (in this case, the practice katana/any raider weapons will be helpful).

Thanks im reclassing him as soon as possible.

Well Hoshidan Noble can heal aswell.

I mean i think my Kana and my character can heal.

I was thinking of reclassing Jakob...

Any other good DLC classes?

Well Hoshidan Noble can heal aswell.

Oh yeah lol

Of course, your staff rank is probably a lot lower than Jakob's.

I haven't messed about much with DLC classes or reclassing in general. I've heard that Paladin!Jakob is good, but I think this is generally in reference to the earlygame. At this point, it might not be worth reclassing Jakob as he is your only shuriken user and best staff user, not to mention that he would be stuck with E-rank swords and lances.

Edit: For future reference, you should probably put topics like this in the Fates subforum rather than general FE.

Edited by onvars

What chapter are you on?

Anyways, I'd have to say:

-Dodging is much less reliable in this game than it was in Awakening and most prior FEs

-Hoshidans in general tend to be frail, for the most part (this might have to do with the difficulty)

-As stated earlier, you'd want to focus on about 12 to 16 units

-Spread out Exp - the exp formula is stricter on higher level units

-Using Tonics can be a lifesaver

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

What chapter are you on?

-Dodging is much less reliable in this game than it was in Awakening and most prior FEs

-Hoshidans in general tend to be frail, for the most part (this might have to do with the difficulty)

Chapter 23.

What chapter are you on?

Saizo best shuriken i have.

Or his son if i bother to get the kid.

Either way..

I dont necessarily focus hard on shurikens.

Moved this thread to the specific Fire Emblem Fates board. ~Kirie

i was going to give you shit for not closing the ticket about it then i remembered you're too small to see tickets......

:(

i was going to give you shit for not closing the ticket about it then i remembered you're too small to see tickets......

:(

I could have sworn I closed it. :< I blame earliness and lack of coffee.

Chapter 23.

Chapter 23 is when Birthright largely stops messing around. The enemies are way more numerous, many of them are sturdy and the lower Defense of a good portion of your units does start to show. The Chapter's gimmick is also generally pretty nasty.

- As stated before, Tonic's are a must. Giving your main combatants relevant boosts is way more useful than you'd think.

- Guard Stance is crucial. One of the biggest problems I see newcomers to Fates making is assuming Guard Stance is "Too nerfed" compared to Awakening's PAir Up feature and only use Attack Stance. Trust me, with the relative enemy density you'll be facing here on out in Birthright, you more or less want your non Archers/Mages/Ninja's paired up constantly.

- While it can be random, Food (much like Tonics) can help you out in a pinch.

- Since I know I'll get grilled by someone here if I mention doing certain Paralogue's later in the game can be great for EXP, I'll also make it a point to tell you that using the Scout feature to grind up some of your lower leveled characters can be a very useful idea. Any of the Ninja's would probably be preferable, as you seem to lack a non Jakob Hidden Weapon user.

Edited by Avalanche

Chapter 23 is when Birthright largely stops messing around. The enemies are way more numerous, many of them are sturdy and the lower Defense of a good portion of your units does start to show. The Chapter's gimmick is also generally pretty nasty.

- As stated before, Tonic's are a must. Giving your main combatants relevant boosts is way more useful than you'd think.

- Guard Stance is crucial. One of the biggest problems I see newcomers to Fates making is assuming Guard Stance is "Too nerfed" compared to Awakening's PAir Up feature and only use Attack Stance. Trust me, with the relative enemy density you'll be facing here on out in Birthright, you more or less want your non Archers/Mages/Ninja's paired up constantly.

- While it can be random, Food (much like Tonics) can help you out in a pinch.

- Since I know I'll get grilled by someone here if I mention doing certain Paralogue's later in the game can be great for EXP, I'll also make it a point to tell you that using the Scout feature to grind up some of your lower leveled characters can be a very useful idea. Any of the Ninja's would probably be preferable, as you seem to lack a non Jakob Hidden Weapon user.

Saizo is a master ninja

but thats it..

I would the low-level purchased skirmishes (plains of hoshido is a favorite of mine) to grind out relationships for kids, since with the child seals they'll immediately be leveled into usefulness, and their paralogues are great for XP and the occasional items. This combined with how hands-free ryoma and takumi are and you should be good to go on hard difficulty.

Also, as others have said: food and tonics. I snubbed both on my hard playthroughs but they're both godsends, and with a good chef food can get up to a total +5 bonus.

I would the low-level purchased skirmishes (plains of hoshido is a favorite of mine) to grind out relationships for kids, since with the child seals they'll immediately be leveled into usefulness, and their paralogues are great for XP and the occasional items. This combined with how hands-free ryoma and takumi are and you should be good to go on hard difficulty.

Also, as others have said: food and tonics. I snubbed both on my hard playthroughs but they're both godsends, and with a good chef food can get up to a total +5 bonus.

Ahh i see