Debate Mark III

Mufasa

Say what you will, it's your freedom of speech to do so, but I think McCain is nailing him right now.

As usual, I'm not saying that Obama's a bad candidate, but I think McCain has the egde.

The first question Obama got McCain, I'll give him that, but McCain had a nailing spree.

I like this debate. Their addresing good issues.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what?

The sound keeps cutting out every once in a while.

Also, on a side note, someone my mother works with, her husband is a cop, and he was on Obama guard duty. (Since I live on LI and Hofstra is a big school here.)

To be honest I really don't care who is, "winning," as all these topics seem to end up in is Lyle supporting McCain no matter what, and someone else who is an Obama supporter coming in and starting a big unneeded debate.

The last two topics made about this seemed to head that way, why do you think a third won't end up in the same place? Honestly I think we need another section to this board about mature subjects such as politics, religion and etc. As at least then people have a warning and we're not steering younger members away from the site with political debates, religion, and people swearing, as even topic titles have had swears in them...

Really, if you support someone, that's great, but I think we've learned people here can be stubborn, and that seems to cause tension between people.

To be honest I really don't care who is, "winning," as all these topics seem to end up in is Lyle supporting McCain no matter what, and someone else who is an Obama supporter coming in and starting a big unneeded debate.

The last two topics made about this seemed to head that way, why do you think a third won't end up in the same place? Honestly I think we need another section to this board about mature subjects such as politics, religion and etc. As at least then people have a warning and we're not steering younger members away from the site with political debates, religion, and people swearing, as even topic titles have had swears in them...

Really, if you support someone, that's great, but I think we've learned people here can be stubborn, and that seems to cause tension between people.

Agreed.

Also I must say this

There will always be that one person for kicks that will vote Nader

Me and Doom are actually really cool with eachother outside these topics.

And of all the topics that are out there, the debate topics are no where near gonna steer people away in comparison to the others.

Your previous topic title is a good example of what I'm talking about...

Yeah I know, do I care, occasionally. Though I do believe that most of my caring was stolen at an early age

Still, the good thing about this forum is that you're free to do those things.

Things are more relaxed here. We have over 500 members. There are forums that are out there that have been around for years that have a little over 50.

Still, the good thing about this forum is that you're free to do those things.

Things are more relaxed here. We have over 500 members. There are forums that are out there that have been around for years that have a little over 50.

I for one don't like seeing the F word every other post, and in signatures, and everywhere I look. Does that mean we don't care about people coming, or the people who already here?

I for one don't like seeing the F word every other post, and in signatures, and everywhere I look. Does that mean we don't care about people coming, or the people who already here?

No that just means people have to learn to accept that swearing is apart of the forum.

No that just means people have to learn to accept that swearing is apart of the forum.

Or people can at least TRY to be considerate. I don't expect to take my kids to some public place and expect them to get used to people swearing just because they have the right to do so.

People should TRY to be considerate at the very least.

Also I think this topic shouldn't have been made until AT LEAST the debate was over...

That's against freedom of speech though. If someone doesn't like what someone else says, you have to be able to respect that person's right. Even if that person is just saying: "Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck."

People are also just as free to leave the forest or ignore those people. We would LIKE for everyone to stay, but if a person want's to leave it's their choice.

Or people can at least TRY to be considerate. I don't expect to take my kids to some public place and expect them to get used to people swearing just because they have the right to do so.

People should TRY to be considerate at the very least.

Also I think this topic shouldn't have been made until AT LEAST the debate was over...

Yeah I try but it doesn't help that where I used to live there were people in the second grade swearing worse than here sometimes. Yeah

I agree with the second and third line

Edited by Marth117

That's against freedom of speech though. If someone doesn't like what someone else says, you have to be able to respect that person's right. Even if that person is just saying: "Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck."

People are also just as free to leave the forest or ignore those people. We would LIKE for everyone to stay, but if a person want's to leave it's their choice.

Freedom of speech has been limited a lot you know?

For example if it disturbs the peace, or causes an obvious harm, it is limited.

Just because people HAVE rights, doesn't mean they should be abused, as that is exactly why they limit them, and people complain after.

I think being a little considerate isn't too much to ask, it's called respect, a long time ago it came before yourself.

Freedom of speech has been limited a lot you know?

For example if it disturbs the peace, or causes an obvious harm, it is limited.

Just because people HAVE rights, doesn't mean they should be abused, as that is exactly why they limit them, and people complain after.

I think being a little considerate isn't too much to ask, it's called respect, a long time ago it came before yourself.

That's true. But it's not like people are seriously saying: "Fuck you ____!"

They are just using the words. Words are just that. Words. It's the meaning and intention behind it.

It's not about the words you use. It's about the message behind them.

They are just using the words. Words are just that. Words. It's the meaning and intention behind it.

I recall you one day saying you sat up in bed cursing all of the people against bianchi being a lord in the game out and something about ninji's mom also...........(i could try and find the post but it would take a long time)

I think I can get my message across without foul language.

I'm sorry, but we should all do our part to be considerate of other people who don't want to see foul language all over the place. I can totally agree on ignoring it, however people make TITLES with the F word in them, and there's no kind of warning when a post is going to contain a lot of foul language.

As much as it doesn't bother YOU, it offends some people, and we need to be considerate of that, and keep it to a moderate level. I see MANY users at least TRY to keep it down, and that's all we can ask of them. Some people don't though, and that's a problem as there is no optional censors on the site.

This is a problem because there ARE new members it could be offensive to, and it could push them away from the site.

Plus if what you're saying is what you think, that means it's okay to go around saying the N word, and the C word, as they aren't censored, so you apparently have the right to say them.

Just because you have the RIGHT, doesn't mean you should.

Getting back on topic, I think that McCain and Obama are great politicians and all, but really, I think it's a little too early to be praising one of the other.

I recall you one day saying you sat up in bed cursing all of the people against bianchi being a lord in the game out and something about ninji's mom also...........(i could try and find the post but it would take a long time)

If you can remember a rough guess on date I'll look

I remember that.

But again, it was the meaning behind that that you missed. It was something to simply lighten the mood. You know as well as I do that things were tense. So I said that in order to lighten the mood.

Also, that's a board that not everyone sees either.