Debate Mark III

Mufasa

I think I can get my message across without foul language.

I'm sorry, but we should all do our part to be considerate of other people who don't want to see foul language all over the place. I can totally agree on ignoring it, however people make TITLES with the F word in them, and there's no kind of warning when a post is going to contain a lot of foul language.

As much as it doesn't bother YOU, it offends some people, and we need to be considerate of that, and keep it to a moderate level. I see MANY users at least TRY to keep it down, and that's all we can ask of them. Some people don't though, and that's a problem as there is no optional censors on the site.

This is a problem because there ARE new members it could be offensive to, and it could push them away from the site.

Plus if what you're saying is what you think, that means it's okay to go around saying the N word, and the C word, as they aren't censored, so you apparently have the right to say them.

Just because you have the RIGHT, doesn't mean you should.

Getting back on topic, I think that McCain and Obama are great politicians and all, but really, I think it's a little too early to be praising one of the other.

But again, what you're talking about is the meaning behind the words. The intention. People should see that. It may not be something that they like persay, but you should respect that person's right to say what they want. Even if you don't like it.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can get my message across without foul language.

I'm sorry, but we should all do our part to be considerate of other people who don't want to see foul language all over the place. I can totally agree on ignoring it, however people make TITLES with the F word in them, and there's no kind of warning when a post is going to contain a lot of foul language.

As much as it doesn't bother YOU, it offends some people, and we need to be considerate of that, and keep it to a moderate level. I see MANY users at least TRY to keep it down, and that's all we can ask of them. Some people don't though, and that's a problem as there is no optional censors on the site.

This is a problem because there ARE new members it could be offensive to, and it could push them away from the site.

Plus if what you're saying is what you think, that means it's okay to go around saying the N word, and the C word, as they aren't censored, so you apparently have the right to say them.

Just because you have the RIGHT, doesn't mean you should.

Getting back on topic, I think that McCain and Obama are great politicians and all, but really, I think it's a little too early to be praising one of the other.[/b

Yeah I do have to agree with what's bolded

Also don't you mean or in that last line

But again, what you're talking about is the meaning behind the words. The intention. People should see that. It may not be something that they like persay, but you should respect that person's right to say what they want. Even if you don't like it.

I disagree.

There is NO acceptable reason for the forum to allow the N word. As I can't think of a way to use it without it discriminating someone, which is against the rules.

so we should all just let racist people walk down the street and go "Yeah we should totally lynch those dirty Ni*s!" or a guy sit in a family resturaunt and go "Fuck that cunt! I'll do whatever shit i fucking want! Tell that bitch to go fuck herself!!!!" and just live with it as if there is no problem? Bull. There's this thing called "COMMON DECENCY" Lyle. And People should adhere to that.

Edited by Athena

I disagree.

There is NO acceptable reason for the forum to allow the N word. As I can't think of a way to use it without it discriminating someone, which is against the rules.

People don't use those words here though.

Actually, there have been people that used the N-word. And I'm fairly certain that it was Masu.

But still, I think that those words are fine to an extent. If you use them in hate, then it's wrong to use them. But we let comedians get away with it. So long as they don't use it in hate.

What MaSu said

Also I'd like to add that sometimes where I live this is acctual case and happens.

well the N word thing doesnt happen much but the cursing does. down here ppl only use the N word to try to sound gangster or something.

Actually, there have been people that used the N-word. And I'm fairly certain that it was Masu.

But still, I think that those words are fine to an extent. If you use them in hate, then it's wrong to use them. But we let comedians get away with it. So long as they don't use it in hate.

Even when comedians use them, it's in hate. Sure they get some laughs out of it, but you're going to take advice from someone who tells jokes for a living?

Pitch me a sentence where you are talking to me, where you use the C word and it isn't offensive to me.

Let me SEE this one.

To be honest I really don't care who is, "winning," as all these topics seem to end up in is Lyle supporting McCain no matter what, and someone else who is an Obama supporter coming in and starting a big unneeded debate.

The last two topics made about this seemed to head that way, why do you think a third won't end up in the same place? Honestly I think we need another section to this board about mature subjects such as politics, religion and etc. As at least then people have a warning and we're not steering younger members away from the site with political debates, religion, and people swearing, as even topic titles have had swears in them...

Really, if you support someone, that's great, but I think we've learned people here can be stubborn, and that seems to cause tension between people.

yes

so we should all just let racist people walk down the street and go "Yeah we should totally lynch those dirty Ni*s!" or a guy sit in a family resturaunt and go "Fuck that cunt! I'll do whatever shit i fucking want! Tell that bitch to go fuck herself!!!!" and just live with it as if there is no problem? Bull. There's this thing called "COMMON DECENCY" Lyle. And People should adhere to that.

Since when the fuck have you been for common decency?

And that's not what I was saying at all! The words are wrong if you use them in hate.

Plus the internet is not = to a resturant. [Masu]Aren't you takeing it too seriously?[/Masu]

1.I cant help but to call you an idiot for pinning the saying of the N word on me because its known that im black

2.It was that Canas Betream Rolo guy who made a topic using the N word using -ger instead of -ga and i went off on him telling him the different meaning of the two. Notice how he's never come back after that topic?

And that's not what I was saying at all! The words are wrong if you use them in hate.

Plus the internet is not = to a resturant. [Masu]Aren't you takeing it too seriously?[/Masu]

The internet is MORE public than a restaurant...

You have failed to read my posts it seems. I have said time and time again i act differently here than i do IRL and branded himself has said its true.

I djsut wanna say they both sucked tonight, McCain started o0ff okay and he dropped and Obama stated off bad and better, the thing is I'm already committed to Obama, so w/e McNancy says won't change my mind, and the sad fact is McCain has Palin and the is a huge downfall

1.I cant help but to call you an idiot for pinning the saying of the N word on me because its known that im black

2.It was that Canas Betream Rolo guy who made a topic using the N word using -ger instead of -ga and i went off on him telling him the different meaning of the two. Notice how he's never come back after that topic?

1. So because you're black it makes it okay for you to say it?

2. I never really talked to the guy or payed attention.

The internet is MORE public than a restaurant...

I guess. But I still think Freedom of speech is important.

Hey if I make another topic for swearing and crap in General would you guys stop posting in the debate topic

Also MaSu Canas Bletram Rolo is Shigeru Miyamoto now

Edited by Marth117

I think we can make this relevant to the topic again by asking ourselves how can we fix this problem without drastically limiting people's freedom?

That I think pertains to the first amendment, so I guess this is in a way on topic. (Although lightly...)

I think though that if we all work on having some decency, we can avoid having rights limited.

1. So because you're black it makes it okay for you to say it?

2. I never really talked to the guy or payed attention.

I guess. But I still think Freedom of speech is important.

NO! I said that im mad that it seemed that you ASSUMED THAT I SAID IT BECAUSE IM BLACK. I DONT EVEN USE THE WORD FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

NO! I said that im mad that it seemed that you ASSUMED THAT I SAID IT BECAUSE IM BLACK. I DONT EVEN USE THE WORD FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

So now you're calling me a racist? WTF?

I remember you making a topic and saying the N word. I could be wrong, but I think I remember that.

Cythia not to sound like an ass or anything, but you don't even like this country and your gonna leave here, so what do you care, I mean your clearly debating this, but you don't even like this Nation and all that it stands for