End of All: Matthew Mercer or Yoshimasa Hosoya

Captain Karnage

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who did it better?

• Matthew Mercer
    • Yoshimasa Hosoya

I expect it to be majority for Mercer here. This is an English speaking forum after all. You all prefer Rena's rendition of Hitori Omou. It should be the same here.

But come on, vote for Reflet/Robin Boku voice.

Edited by shadowofchaos

mmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMmmmMMMMM

I have to go with my loyalty. I have a weird crush/fascination (????) with Matthew Mercer since I first heard him as Kiritsugu Emiya. I gotta vote for him, sorry Hosoya.

mmmmMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMmmmMMMMM

I have to go with my loyalty. I have a weird crush/fascination (????) with Matthew Mercer since I first heard him as Kiritsugu Emiya. I gotta vote for him, sorry Hosoya.

Preach it fam!

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

I mean the original flows better in Japanese. But that's just one Japanese speaker's opinion.

I mean, I like both, I just kind of prefer Matt. Bare in mind that I have basically no experience with Robin (or Reflet"s I guess) Japanese voice, so I never had that moment where I recognized they shared the voice (which I did in English).

Bare in mind that I'm mostly just joking around. Both versions sound good and your free to like one over the other.

I mean, I like both, I just kind of prefer Matt. Bare in mind that I have basically no experience with Robin (or Reflet"s I guess) Japanese voice, so I never had that moment where I recognized they shared the voice (which I did in English).

Bare in mind that I'm mostly just joking around. Both versions sound good and your free to like one over the other.

I see. Well, no harm done, right?

Also, what, Mercer voices Kiritsugu?

Man, he really is the English Sugita. The man is everywhere.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I expect it to be majority for Mercer here. This is an English speaking forum after all. You all prefer Rena's rendition of Hitori Omou. It should be the same here.

I still prefer the original version of Hitori Omu, no insult to Rena but the original version sounds better with a soprano 1 rather than a soprano 2 or an alto 1

but I still think Matthew has a better singing voice baritone>tenor

and in my comparision the final map themes in both versions (reflecting on Heir of Fates) have a lot of energy put into them. imo Matthew put in more energy and it came out sounding better

I see. Well, no harm done, right?

Also, what, Mercer voices Kiritsugu?

Man, he really is the English Sugita. The man is everywhere.

Yeah! It's where I first heard him and fell in love with his voice.

Another comparison: Mercer and Sugita are both in Jojo! (Jotaro and Joseph ofc)

and they're both two of my favorite vas of all time 4ever

I'm pretty sure they both voice Alvin in Tales of Xillia too.

It's a shame that the dub of Battle Tendency wasn't that good. Bryce Pappenbrook's fake Italian accent makes me cringe every time.

Mercer is also good as Kanji in Persona 4 Golden.

Eh, personally while I prefer the Japanese version of Hitori Omou, I think that the English version of End of All (both the Azura and Shigure versions) are better.

I'm gonna go with the english, but I'm not sure I like either of the vocals for this song that much. I like the instrumentals, though. I think I prefer the japanese and english vocals for the final chapter of the main game over the japanese or english vocals for the dlc.

In general I like the "end of path/dlc" music more for the instrumentals. I think the vocals are better in lost in thoughts all alone, compared to any end of all.

Edited by HELP

I'm actually a little weird on this topic. With video games I'll favour listening to the English version of the vocal soundtrack, even if in the entire soundtrack, I have no preference. Anime on the other hand, I'll happily listen to songs in Japanese. Then again... maybe that's just anime dubs not making different songs... unless it's Pokémon, which they really shouldn't have done for XY&Z...

.o/ INDIFFERENT!

Image in my head of Chrom and Robin aggressively singing a duet together through the entire events of Awakening. Thanks, man.

Only acceptable if Chrom is also singing it in English.

As Sugita.