GOD DAMN IT GOVERNMENT

Serene

I really think we should cut down on the swearing here. I understand it's not a rule, and freedom of speech and all, but let's try and set a good example at the very least.

I'm not saying never swear, but I am saying to be considerate, some people don't like to see the F word in every post.

I really think we should cut down on the swearing here. I understand it's not a rule, and freedom of speech and all, but let's try and set a good example at the very least.

I'm not saying never swear, but I am saying to be considerate, some people don't like to see the F word in every post.

The day I tone down the swearing is the day I stop breathing

it's me.

Anyway, I not living in America so there no need for me to worry ;) maybe in future.

I looked but didnt read, a summary please?

Basically Bush put a law into affect that if you are caught with illegal crap on your computer the government has the right to take your computer and use it as evidence

The page which the posted article references is worth reading if you haven't checked it (assuming the article is accurate). This appears to be the act itself if anybody is interested, but I'm not at all experienced with legalese so I haven't bothered to look it over.

Edited by Wist

wow, i guarantee that qualifies that just about EVERYONE'S computer could be taken. Really, there's probably a very minute group of people who have NEVER done anything illegal online. I mean, just one little mp3...

Good to know if they decide to declare this one unconistutional, cause i swear this is bogus. Not like they'd be able to carry it out with the amount of people that have gotten illegal music.

wow, i guarantee that qualifies that just about EVERYONE'S computer could be taken. Really, there's probably a very minute group of people who have NEVER done anything illegal online. I mean, just one little mp3...

Good to know if they decide to declare this one unconistutional, cause i swear this is bogus. Not like they'd be able to carry it out with the amount of people that have gotten illegal music.

Not to mention, checking your computer is an invasion of privacy, and if they KNEW you had them, they would have to be tracking you, thus still an invasion of privacy.