The Inevitable Sinnoh Remakes: What changes would you make?

Anacybele

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About Cynthia... Her Pokémons all have 31EV everywhere (they may not be shiney, but they're still perfect) and a diverse team.

She is objectively the strongest trainer of all games.

Do you always say "Pokemons?" (I've seen you say it like that befrore) It's not actually supposed to have an S on the end when plural. It's just Pokemon either way. Just letting you know.

Do you always say "Pokemons?" (I've seen you say it like that befrore) It's not actually supposed to have an S on the end when plural. It's just Pokemon either way. Just letting you know.

French habit, I also do that.

-Generation remakes seem kinda like a way to give Gamefreak more time to make a new game with new stuff.

Personally, I thought they made remakes to help you catch older gen Pokemon easier

Like how there were not a lot of 1st/2nd gen Pokemon in R/S/E, so they made FR/LG to catch all the gen 1 Pokemon/a couple 2nd Gens

Or how there were almost no 2nd gen Pokemon in D/P so they made HG/SS to catch all the 2nd Gen Pokemon

Oh, hey, it's Chuggaaconroy. Sweet. I remember how rough he had it with the birds, especially.

I think ANY Platinum player had a rough time with the birds. They flee and know ROOST. -_- What was GameFreak thinking... That was even worse than the Roaring beasts in Johto.

This is another change I really hope we see, actually. If the legendary birds are catchable again like in Platinum, they need to NOT flee, and maybe dump Roost for another move too. As for the locations they could be found in to make up for the no fleeing:

Articuno: Snowpoint Temple

Zapdos: Fuego Ironworks

Moltres: Stark Mountain

Not hard to find good spots for them.

Personally, I thought they made remakes to help you catch older gen Pokemon easier

Like how there were not a lot of 1st/2nd gen Pokemon in R/S/E, so they made FR/LG to catch all the gen 1 Pokemon/a couple 2nd Gens

Or how there were almost no 2nd gen Pokemon in D/P so they made HG/SS to catch all the 2nd Gen Pokemon

I think it's more that they make the main games without the Pokemon of said game. Hence why, for example, X and Y had very little Hoenn Pokemon. Same with DPPt and Johto.

[spoiler=Sun and Moon spoils]

Gen 7 is missing a lot of things from Gens 4 AND 5, hence why I personally think we might get both, as unlikely as it is.

Edited by Emerson

Well, Latias/os lost roamer status in ORAS, so I can see more demotion of roaming legendaries since the general consensus seems to be that they're pretty much always a pain.

Yeah, that too.

Not gonna lie, I personally thought a remake for Sinnoh was really unlikely, but there's still interest in the Pokemon Company to remake more of the games:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/31/pokemon-company-interested-in-full-scale-remakes-of-previous-games

Anyway, what I want in possible remakes is basically Platinum but with a few elements from the original D/P (Gym order and Pokemon exclusives are all I can think of right now) and tweaks (like what people stated before with the removal of HMs and no roaming legendaries).

I also want event items to be in-game events rather than Mystery Gifts. Or at the very least have all said event items be released at some point (basically don't leave the Azure Flute unused).

I'm not so sure Arceus will ever get an actual in-game event. I think there's some sort of stigma with catching what is essentially Pokemon's creator deity. The events that give it out are basically the equivalent of it lending your power, whereas actually catching and owning it are a whole 'nother story...I don't know.

As long as they don't remove the platinum things (like Giratina's place) and/or only improve them it should be fine... and KEEP THE BATTLE FRONTIER PLEASE!

Edited by SlayerX

As long as they don't remove the platinum things (like Giratina's place) and/or only improve them it should be fine... and KEEP THE BATTLE FRONTIER PLEASE!

I can see a possible visit to the Distortion World, but it's very unlikely they will bring back the Battle Frontier. It was already deemed to hard, and they might also not have the time for it.

Also, lot of people, myself included, might not like this, but I get the feeling that if they ever make a remake of Gen 4, they are going to use the Diamond and Pearl Pokedex rather than the Platinum one.

The game is probably going to be much easier as well in order to attract the younger crowd.

Well, Latias/os lost roamer status in ORAS, so I can see more demotion of roaming legendaries since the general consensus seems to be that they're pretty much always a pain.

Why would not being a roaming legendary be a demotion?

I can see a possible visit to the Distortion World, but it's very unlikely they will bring back the Battle Frontier. It was already deemed to hard, and they might also not have the time for it.

Also, lot of people, myself included, might not like this, but I get the feeling that if they ever make a remake of Gen 4, they are going to use the Diamond and Pearl Pokedex rather than the Platinum one.

The game is probably going to be much easier as well in order to attract the younger crowd.

Why would being too hard stop something from being included? Particularly when the possibility of having easy/hard mode is there... I get that they did remove it in ORAS but I just wish they wouldnt take something as entertaining as the Battle frontier. Its honestly like the one thing that kept me playing pokemon in Platinum/Heart Gold after I beat the main game. It leads to something incredibly challenging and fun to look forward to.

Edited by SlayerX

I believe the reasons stated for not including the Battle Frontier were due to it being supposedly too difficult and frustrating for children, and that people wouldn't have the time for it anyway? Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall something along those lines.

I believe the reasons stated for not including the Battle Frontier were due to it being supposedly too difficult and frustrating for children, and that people wouldn't have the time for it anyway? Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall something along those lines.

Something like that.

Back in the Gen 4 days, a lot of parents in Japan complained that the Pokemon games were getting to hard. And this also means that the children would eventually lose interest in the game for being too hard, and if they lost interest, then they wouldn't buy the Pokemon products. And it's obvious that Game Freak and Nintendo don't want that.

Which is why the games have been getting easier and easier and things like the Exp.Share exist.

I mean fair enough but thats why you hack perfect pokemon anyways... :V

But that just makes me sad ;_; ah well good bye battle frontier ;_;

Honestly the removal of optional postgame things because they're hard is really stupid imo. They're optional bonus areas, in what RPG ever is that kind of thing not meant to be harder than the main story?

BW2 is the only game that's actually included difficulty settings, I really don't get why this didn't return in ORAS. XY I understand because it and BW2 were developed largely simultaneously, but ORAS really doesn't have an excuse to not have the feature.

So long as the unlock requisites aren't dumb (version exclusive with requisite for local trading? Requiring another copy to beat the game just to start another file with Easy/Challenge mode? Screwing over White 2 players? What????) there really is no reason to keep a feature that can satisfy more players.

Honestly the removal of optional postgame things because they're hard is really stupid imo. They're optional bonus areas, in what RPG ever is that kind of thing not meant to be harder than the main story?BW2 is the only game that's actually included difficulty settings, I really don't get why this didn't return in ORAS. XY I understand because it and BW2 were developed largely simultaneously, but ORAS really doesn't have an excuse to not have the feature.So long as the unlock requisites aren't dumb (version exclusive with requisite for local trading? Requiring another copy to beat the game just to start another file with Easy/Challenge mode? Screwing over White 2 players? What????) there really is no reason to keep a feature that can satisfy more players.

Because if something harder exists, then people will want to try to beat it. People, particularly children, can be prideful and if something harder exists, they will try to beat it. But when they realize they can't beat it, it hurts their pride, and they will develop resentment towards the game and possibly even the franchise, which will lead them to lose interest in it.

Yes, it's stupid, it's petty, but it's sadly true.

Edited by Water Mage

Ohmori wanted it back in ORAS- as long as he's at the top I wouldn't entirely rule it out.

And considering ORAS also expanded on the Hoenn 'dex, I see no reason why the Sinnoh remakes wouldn't do that.

I think it's more that they make the main games without the Pokemon of said game. Hence why, for example, X and Y had very little Hoenn Pokemon. Same with DPPt and Johto.

[spoiler=Sun and Moon spoils]

Gen 7 is missing a lot of things from Gens 4 AND 5, hence why I personally think we might get both, as unlikely as it is.

Come on, we know the reason why there's so few Gen V representation is part of their plea to appeal to genwunners. /s

Though more seriously, I wouldn't be shocked of Masuda making negative comments about the Gen.

Honestly the removal of optional postgame things because they're hard is really stupid imo. They're optional bonus areas, in what RPG ever is that kind of thing not meant to be harder than the main story?

BW2 is the only game that's actually included difficulty settings, I really don't get why this didn't return in ORAS. XY I understand because it and BW2 were developed largely simultaneously, but ORAS really doesn't have an excuse to not have the feature.

So long as the unlock requisites aren't dumb (version exclusive with requisite for local trading? Requiring another copy to beat the game just to start another file with Easy/Challenge mode? Screwing over White 2 players? What????) there really is no reason to keep a feature that can satisfy more players.

This 100%. Difficulty settings would solve all of this! So long as you can choose your difficulty from the beginning or the unlock requirements aren't stupid. This way, older veteran players who don't want a stupidly easy game can choose a harder difficulty and the whining children can stick to the easy mode.

I hope for easy, normal, and hard difficulties though. I don't want a game that's as easy as XY and ORAS, but I also don't want it to be quite as hard as DP. Platinum's difficulty was perfect, imo. It was a little easier than its predecessors, but not too easy. So make easy mode on XY/ORAS level, normal mode on Platinum level, and hard mode on DP level.

Edited by Anacybele