Newb Fire Emblem Fates Question!

Zeldalife

Hey fans...

I just recently got into FE when i bought

my 3ds couple days ago been loving it...

i got birthright will get the others as well.

Im kinda having a hard time so i read online

that you can replay chapters for exp so basicly

grinding for a few levels..

But how in the heck do i replay a chapter?

I cant figure out how to replay them..

help?

As Levant said. All you have to do is go to the world map, select the "scout" option, spend some gold, and you can replay the map against some enemies scaled to the difficulty of that chapter.

Just remember that you can't do that in Conquest. The only grinding map available in that version is the DLC map, and I wouldn't call that a good grinding map...

Hoped that helped and enjoy the game!

Just remember that you can't do that in Conquest. The only grinding map available in that version is the DLC map, and I wouldn't call that a good grinding map...

I agree, especially since if a character can't deal damage they're severely screwed over. On my main Birthright file, I've got Felicia and Azama who can't do anything because I completely forgot about them. I tried adding Felicia to the group when she joined but... it ultimately got her destroyed any time I tried to do anything with her.

So I resorted to the DLC because I wanted the two of them to grow quicker. Now they're just sorta stuck in limbo.

The point of this is just a heads up that you should train your units carefully depending on how you want to use them. I didn't, and now if I try to use Felicia and Azama in a skirmish, they get little experience and if I try to use the DLC to train them, they practically die.

I still prefer Awakening's Experience DLC map... It just works better.

Edited by Light Strategist

I agree, especially since if a character can't deal damage they're severely screwed over. On my main Birthright file, I've got Felicia and Azama who can't do anything because I completely forgot about them. I tried adding Felicia to the group when she joined but... it ultimately got her destroyed any time I tried to do anything with her.

So I resorted to the DLC because I wanted the two of them to grow quicker. Now they're just sorta stuck in limbo.

The point of this is just a heads up that you should train your units carefully depending on how you want to use them. I didn't, and now if I try to use Felicia and Azama in a skirmish, they get little experience and if I try to use the DLC to train them, they practically die.

Personally, I'd say the Stoneborn are the real problem with Boo Camp, especially if you play on harder difficulties. Also, every now and then, I caught sight of a Faceless that barely had anything in the way of stats.

In addition to what other people have said, winning Arena battles, playing any DLC map, or battling another player in their Castle will also yield EXP in Birthright and Revelation. In Conquest, however, Boo Camp is the only way to gain EXP outside of story chapters, paralogues, and one-time "Invasion" battles.

You can still gain support points from all the aforementioned extra battles even in Conquest, though, so they're still useful for raising your characters' support ranks... and, of course, for whatever other non-EXP rewards they may yield.

In addition to what other people have said, winning Arena battles, playing any DLC map, or battling another player in their Castle will also yield EXP in Birthright and Revelation. In Conquest, however, Boo Camp is the only way to gain EXP outside of story chapters, paralogues, and one-time "Invasion" battles.

You can still gain support points from all the aforementioned extra battles even in Conquest, though, so they're still useful for raising your characters' support ranks... and, of course, for whatever other non-EXP rewards they may yield.

I thought Arena battles don't yield exp even in BR or Revelations?

Ok one more question hehe im such a

Noob atm but i started chapter 7 the game started and i only had 3 guys wth lol i have more ..

is there way to bring more units before a battle?

Not sure why the chapter started with few guys when i have way more also saw vid on youtube that u should have at least have 6 units during chapter 7 well mine started with 3 guys even tho i have more weird guess i gotta restart the chapter and see if i can bring more units..

So far the game is fun just a slight learning curve but nothing crazy i guess

Edited by Zeldalife

Ok one more question hehe im such a

Noob atm but i started chapter 7 the game started and i only had 3 guys wth lol i have more ..

is there way to bring more units before a battle?

Not sure why the chapter started with few guys when i have way more also saw vid on youtube that u should have at least have 6 units during chapter 7 well mine started with 3 guys even tho i have more weird guess i gotta restart the chapter and see if i can bring more units..

So far the game is fun just a slight learning curve but nothing crazy i guess

Which campaign are you on?

Hoshido ch7 is where i am currently

If all you have is 3 units, that'd have to be because you got some defeated in a previous chapter. Fallen units are lost forever in Classic.

Boo camp is vastly superior to Awakening's XP grind. In awakening the enemies quickly narrowed down to less than a third being worth any significant XP, and they were spread over a very large horizontal distance. Most players at high end (from what I've read) used the other DLC where there were huge numbers of enemies willing to attack you and just camped on a fort with a javelin or some such. Boo camp remains a good source of XP forever, and the staggered spawns help keep it manageable so the faceless don't just go screaming by you.

If you're having trouble with lower level characters, just exploit attack stance. Clear the blue faceless (the gold don't attack you) and then soften up the golds with stronger characters. The #1 grinding tip I can give it to get a good ballistician, they can easily weaken entire spawns as soon as they show up, and then it's just a matter of having the needy units go to town.

The Stoneborn are annoying as hell though, I'll give you that.

The only two ways Fates is superior in anyway to Awakening considering the EXP maps is 1) No counter no matter what 2) Easy AF to level healers, you just need staves and a whole lot o' patience.

I think Awakening is better except for two fatal flaws, so, yeah. Plus, in Awakening you can forge all the way on Might, and even with a LV 20 two time reclassed Lon'qu, I got EXP, and I still get EXP. on Hard. So, yeah. EDIT PLEASE DELETE ONE POST, IM ON A CRAPPY IPAD, IGNORE 1 PLEASE, ACCIDENTAL SPAM

Edited by InigoPadalin