Can I make Olivia learn Galeforce to pass to Luciana without grinding?

WindowsX

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I'm doing this just for the sake of testing. I also have Sumia with Galeforce passed to Luciana. I prefer Sumia due to.

-No additional child for no children run

-Her flower pickup line in chapter 13 is very sweet

-She won't be freaking too powerful

Guess I'll go back to Sumia save. Knowing Olivia can pass Galeforce without random encounter required is good enough for me.

I suppose, but there's no way the higher internal level cap on lunatic could make up for it.

(That is, if there are even fewer enemies in the first place, haven't checked.)

Edited by disjunct.ion

Internal level cap wouldn't matter since Normal's is 20. The only difference is the 1 experience per battle engagement on the same enemy on Lunatic.

Well that sounds painful. I assume that Olivia is just as frail in the beginning regardless of difficulty?

Internal level cap wouldn't matter since Normal's is 20. The only difference is the 1 experience per battle engagement on the same enemy on Lunatic.

Why wouldn't internal level cap matter? It's 50 on Lunatic compared to 30 on hard, and IIRC Olivia will ram well over the HM cap when going D30>DF15.

Also, the Lunatic battle engagement formula doesn't really matter, at least in my experience.

Why wouldn't internal level cap matter? It's 50 on Lunatic compared to 30 on hard, and IIRC Olivia will ram well over the HM cap when going D30>DF15.

Also, the Lunatic battle engagement formula doesn't really matter, at least in my experience.

Cumulative Internal level cap is only applied to the internal level itself rather than the cap of your internal level + actual level.

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/calculations/

Cumulative Level caps at 20 on Normal mode, 30 on Hard mode and 50 on Lunatic or Lunatic+ Mode. After a character reaches their Cumulative Level cap, they can still continue to gain experience (provided their displayed Level isnt capped of course).

For example, if Donnel uses a Second Seal as a Level 15 Villager to reclass to a Level 1 Mercenary, his cumulative Level becomes (15 1) / 2 = 7, which means his internal Level is equal to 1 + 7 = 8.

If he then uses a Master Seal as a Level 10~20 Mercenary to promote to a Level 1 Hero, his cumulative Level remains unchanged at 7, making his internal Level equal to 1 + 20 + 7 = 28.

Finally (for the purpose of this example), if he uses a Second Seal as a Level 15 Hero to reclass to a Level 1 Bow Knight, his cumulative Level will increase by (20 + 15) / 2 = 17, placing it at 7 + 17 = 24. This value is reduced to 20 on Normal mode, so his internal Level will be equal to 1 + 20 + (20 on Normal mode, 24 on Hard mode and above) = 41 on Normal mode, 45 on Hard mode and above.

Dancer 30 to Dark Pegasus/Flier gives you 15 cumulative levels on reclass.

Which is less than normal's cap of Cumulative levels.

Their actual level value will be 36 (15 internal which is under 20 for Normal's cap + 20 promoted + 1 displayed level)

As in, if you reclassed to all hell in Lunatic and promoted at level 1...

50 cumulative internal level + 20 prompted + 1 level display

You're gaining experience as a level 71 unit.

The level cap DOES NOT include the 20 levels counted toward promoted units.

The cap only applies to internal levels gained through reclassing.

So no, Normal mode internal level cap of 20 would not matter here because she's only gaining 15 from reclassing.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well that sounds painful. I assume that Olivia is just as frail in the beginning regardless of difficulty?

She may start frail but you can use 4 units locked down last enemy having weapon stripped. Let it attack you and switch until weapon runs out. Meanwhile, Olivia keeps dancing to Chrom until she reaches level 30 in 200ish turns.

It all happens in one battle. I later reclassed Olivia to Dark Flier and she soloed chapter 12-13 without trouble. The only issue is where I should keep Chrom alive.

She may start frail but you can use 4 units locked down last enemy having weapon stripped. Let it attack you and switch until weapon runs out. Meanwhile, Olivia keeps dancing to Chrom until she reaches level 30 in 200ish turns.

It all happens in one battle. I later reclassed Olivia to Dark Flier and she soloed chapter 12-13 without trouble. The only issue is where I should keep Chrom alive.

Umm I said earlier you don't need to have anyone tank for 200 turns.

Gangrel and a few other enemies don't go aggro unless you get within their range.

So no, Normal mode internal level cap of 20 would not matter here because she's only gaining 15 from reclassing.

i must be missing something here completely because pretty sure i never once mentioned NM internal level cap and don't see how it's relevant at all @.@

If you don't mind me asking, couldn't you just leave Olivia as a dancer? I mean, she's you're only dancer and that alone is more important than rechanging her class right? Its not like she'll get any stronger with galeforce nor its like she'll make much use of it since I believe you need to kill a unit inorder for the skill to activate which she is NOT suited for.

I haven't played Awakening for a while but in my two playthroughs of it, Olivia was definitely useful as a dancer alone.

yes but in true shadowofchaos fashion, you're not really usingOlivia until you grind her up to S swords with swordfaire, astra, and galeforce

Of course. I'll eventually grind her afterward as a swordmaster then Dancer again. My main objective is to pass galeforce to Lucina for now and bench her until I promoted everyone. She can solo the whole map right now and that's no fun.

Edited by WindowsX

i must be missing something here completely because pretty sure i never once mentioned NM internal level cap and don't see how it's relevant at all @.@

I suppose, but there's no way the higher internal level cap on lunatic could make up for it.

(That is, if there are even fewer enemies in the first place, haven't checked.)

Normal mode or hard mode cap... Olivia wouldn't be anywhere near it.

You initially mentioned internal level cap. I mentioned normal to show that the internal levels, even at the lowest cap that would give you the most exp, wouldn't matter.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Normal mode or hard mode cap... Olivia wouldn't be anywhere near it.

uhh,. doesn't she shoot up to 35.5 upon reclassing to DF? that would break the HM cap already

and it would, in turn, affect the level difference for the damaging/killing formula, giving her less XP on lunatic than on hard

uhh,. doesn't she shoot up to 35.5 upon reclassing to DF? that would break the HM cap already

I just linked you an entire page and outlined an example.

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/calculations/

Dancer 30 -> DF gives you 15 cumulative internal levels. Dancer is a basic/special class. It does not have the additional hidden 20 levels for promoted classes.

The caps for internal level are 20, 30, and 50.

The 20 from a promoted class DOES NOT count for the cap unless you are reclassing from a promoted class. Actually read my posts please.

If she reclassed from level 15 Dark Flier to Swordmaster, her actual level is 35 (20 from being in a promoted class and 15 for the levels)... which gets halved and added to her cumulative total she already has.

35/2 = 17 + the 15 she already had from Dancer 30 to DF = 32 cumulative internal levels.

That would turn to 30 on hard, and 20 on normal.

THEN you add the 20 from being a Swordmaster and 1 to starting level.

Normal: 32 to 20 + 20 promoted + 1 = Gain experience as level 41 unit.

Hard: 32 to 30 + 20 promoted + 1 = Gain experience as level 51 unit.

Lunatic: 32 + 20 promoted + 1 = Gain experience as level 53 unit.

So again, the internal level cap would not matter for the OP's original reclass since 15 is less than all of the caps.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well usually Chrom isn't so frail to work with (at least if you give him the training which should actually be happening before Olivia comes into the picture) . I find that he's fairly easy if the time is invested during chapters. I can understand the difficulty that presents sometimes.

I'm assuming that you made her hit almost every enemy in sight with Chrom in the back then as her support then? Because that's where he should be if you've married Olivia to him.

• 2 weeks later...

No grind Olivia turns out pretty OK. Reclassing to Myrmidon increased a few stats. Maybe not OP Olivia Galeforce version but she can hold herself well together with Chrom. And Chrom X Olivia is good when you can Astra Falchion against Grima. DAT moment is worth it.

No grind Olivia turns out pretty OK. Reclassing to Myrmidon increased a few stats. Maybe not OP Olivia Galeforce version but she can hold herself well together with Chrom. And Chrom X Olivia is good when you can Astra Falchion against Grima. DAT moment is worth it.

Not when you realize that Grima's on a terrain that dramatically increases evade, and the Falchion isn't the most accurate of weapons. In addition, harder difficulties give Grima Pavise. Also, I'm not a fan of reclassing Olivia to Myrmidon since the skills are mostly lackluster.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Not when you realize that Grima's on a terrain that dramatically increases evade, and the Falchion isn't the most accurate of weapons. In addition, harder difficulties give Grima Pavise. Also, I'm not a fan of reclassing Olivia to Myrmidon since the skills are mostly lackluster.

I'm referring to Lucina with Astra. When it procs in hard, you get 2.5x damage of 20 while other weapons do single digit damage so Astra with Falchion helps a lot. If you pair Lucina up with Chrom, you can one shot him too.

Edited by WindowsX

How is feeding Olivia (a dancer) THAT much EXP not grinding? In a casual playthrough she will likely NEVER kill a single enemy.

Just let Lucina learn Galeforce on her own, or do it the "easy" way, pass down from 10/15 Sumia.