(Possible Spoilers): Final Boss of Conquest

vanguard333

If you have played Birthright, Conquest, and Revelations (if you haven't and you care about spoilers; stop reading), then you know that, in Birthright, possessed Garon reveals that his Dusk Dragon blood is strong enough that he can transform into a dusk dragon; and, in Revelations, you fight Anankos, who is a dragon and is probably one of the First Dragons, given how powerful he clearly is.

Yet, in Conquest, you fight Takumi twice in chapters 10 and twenty... something; I can't remember the exact number. Then, after you defeat Muk Garon, possessed Takumi shows up and attacks. Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting twist (though predictable given the purple smoke coming off Takumi and not finding the body after he jumped off the wall), but there was something... lacking. Then I realized, while he is in guard stance and has the unique Skadi bow, ultimately, it's still a bow; and ultimately this is the third chapter with Takumi as the boss and there is nothing really unique about it (in my opinion).

My idea for what would have made the final battle better would have been; well, the other two versions end with fighting a dragon. Why not this one? Takumi has Dawn Dragon blood, and we don't know if he or any of his siblings tried to see if their blood was strong enough for them to transform, and even if his Dawn Dragon blood was not enough, possessed Takumi could have attempted to transform and said something like, "This vessel's blood is not strong enough. I can't maintain this for long, but you will perish long before then" along with, "I am BETRAYAL!! (I couldn't resist making this joke)." It would have been cool for a number of reasons:

1. It would have shown us what a dawn dragon looks like in the flesh.

2. We would have had essentially a divine dragon as the final boss and a reason it makes sense.

3. It would have been cool to see how the possession affected the appearance (all the dark-purple smoke and such).

4. Yes it would have meant all three games had a dragon as a final boss, but there still would have been plenty of contrast between the three boss fights.

What do you think?

If I remember right Endgame is the forth time you fight Takumi including the chapter the get Charlotte and Benny.

And I was also a little disappointed with the final boss just being a human character, especially just after fighting the empty vessal.

When was the last time an FE final boss used a freaking bow?

Dragons are even less unique.

what he said

I found it to really refreshing to have a non dragon as the final boss, and a sniper of all classes

TBH I agree from a story standpoint, but twincest Takumi was a great boss from a gameplay perspective IMO. Storywise might be kinda lackluster, but makes up for it in gameplay IMO (incidentally, fates in a nutshell lol).

TBH I agree from a story standpoint, but twincest Takumi was a great boss from a gameplay perspective IMO. Storywise might be kinda lackluster, but makes up for it in gameplay IMO (incidentally, fates in a nutshell lol).

Do they ever explain why Takumi has a double, even though he doesn't have the replicate skill? Seems like they could have paired him with Sumeragi if they wanted a Guard Stance boss.

Do they ever explain why Takumi has a double, even though he doesn't have the replicate skill? Seems like they could have paired him with Sumeragi if they wanted a Guard Stance boss.

If you look at the description of his bow Skadi, it talks about how it creates a double of the wielder. It's an otherworldly Vallite weapon or some crap, I guess.

It's an Outrealm Bow, and it makes sense because (dat boi) Takumi was possessed by something in Valla, which is basically the Outrealms, and in Awakening, the DLC map with Legendary weapons had all of them was in the Outrealms. Skadi is a Norse God with connections to constellations, and constellations are infinite (why it Replicates Takumi) so it might've made a reference to the Norse Mythology with Night Breaks Through, and Takumi was Orion using Skadi, and night had to break through the stars, which is also constellations. So now the night gets all the Glory, because there's no stars to take it. Kingdom of Glory, Nohr. That's my theory. References all around. Also, making him a Dawn Dragon makes this game really boring, because in all 3 it would be a dragon. And, making him a Sniper makes him a worthy boss, because he has high Def and Skill.

Edited by InigoPadalin

Skadi is a Norse God with connections to constellations,

Skadi is the Norse goddess of bowhunting, skiing, winter and mountains, and in no way is related to constellations. The Norse goddess of night is Nótt, and the closest thing Norse mythology has to a star deity is Aurvandil, who is supposed to be a constellation but it's ambiguous as to which one he's supposed to be.

Anyway, I have to agree that having a final boss that isn't just another monster is great, even if it is a bit of an anticlimax story-wise.

Edited by AzureSen

Skadi is the Norse goddess of bowhunting, skiing, winter and mountains, and in no way is related to constellations. The Norse goddess of night is Nótt, and the closest thing Norse mythology has to a star deity is Aurvandil, who is supposed to be a constellation but it's ambiguous as to which one he's supposed to be.

*sigh* You know her hunting partner. And I said connections, not that she was the god of constellations. That is true, and bowhunting, Takumi uses a bow, and Kiragi loves to hunt with... a bow.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, November 11, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, November 11, 2016 - No reason given

*sigh* You know her hunting partner. And I said connections, not that she was the god of constellations. That is true, and bowhunting, Takumi uses a bow, and Kiragi loves to hunt with... a bow.

EDIT: ACCIDENTAL SPAM, I DIDN'T DO ON PURPOSE.

Edited by InigoPadalin
Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, November 11, 2016 - Things that are bad:Your connection.
Hidden by eclipse, November 11, 2016 - Things that are bad:Your connection.

I meant that she has a hunting partner with said connections, she wasn't the god of constellations. However, bowhunting, Takumi uses a bow, and Kiragi loves to hunt with... a bow. Bowhunting. Edited by InigoPadalin

Okay. Of all the responses so far, the general opinion seems to be that, while a little lackluster story-wise, the final boss, as it was, is actually more unique than my idea. And, well, I completely agree. Having an archer as the final boss is unique. However, would you agree that a dawn/divine dragon as a major villain would be pretty unique as well (without comparison)? I don't know. I guess I'm just a little disappointed that we got to see a Dusk Dragon and what I will call a Valla Dragon (two actually; Hamui and Anankos), but no Dawn Dragon other than the statue.

Having a Sniper as a final boss means nothing when the boss is a stationary target with 1-2 (1-4 but you get my point) range. Especially with the new weapon triangle, aside from very specific weapons, he may as well have been an Axe user, which is exactly what the preceeding boss is. You don't get points for having a unique boss when you not only fail at utilizing the uniqueness but completely destroy what makes the class unique in the first place. The only good thing about the final boss is the aoe wave attack and that's not tied to his class. For me at least, he would have been a much better boss if they took away his ability to hit at 1 range, allowed him to move, gave him Pass and perhaps Counter. That way you're forced to fight him on his terms.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Making him an archer instead of an axe-user has one big effect: it means that you can't fight him with flyers (unless they have a full dual guard meter).

As a final boss I definitely thought he was more about the map than anything else. With no throne bonus and kinda middling speed he actually dies more easily than most of the previous bosses (Dragonskin is nice, but whatever, Corrin just got a new super-sword which pierces it), however he has a really cool map which rewards rushing down to face him quickly and efficiently, and I'm a pretty big fan of that map although I do feel you should probably have been able to save before it.

Flavour-wise, we've had way too many dragon bosses already, so I'm happy when the game tries something different.

• 2 weeks later...

As a final boss I definitely thought he was more about the map than anything else. With no throne bonus and kinda middling speed he actually dies more easily than most of the previous bosses (Dragonskin is nice, but whatever, Corrin just got a new super-sword which pierces it), however he has a really cool map which rewards rushing down to face him quickly and efficiently, and I'm a pretty big fan of that map although I do feel you should probably have been able to save before it.

This so much. Conquest made sort of a statement that the challenge itself is the map, not the individual bosses and this Endgame embodies it perfectly and painfully. I agree that you should be able to save before it, it just makes 27 tedious.