How do you feel about Evyel's True Identity

Jotari

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Evyel's true identity?

• Epic Plot Twist!
    • Pretty Poor Plot Twist.
    • I am completely ambivalent

I actually thought it was pretty clever having Finn and Briggid paired up when I first found out about the spoiler, since Finn leaves not too long after Briggid joins so it's quite possible he never actually met her. But then they reveald iit that way and I'm just wondering why Finn never considered bringing it up in the three years he was playing house with her.

Yeah, well Finn does stuff like that. He could've busted fake!Shanan but didn't even though the fraud was actually hurting the reputation of the real Shanan and the dude was conning Mareeta. He didn't tell Leif about what really happened to Altena until Leif asked. For all we know he recognized Fergus (and for my money Ferg's secret identity is the worst plot twist in FE5) and didn't say anything about THAT either.

But in this particular case, he probably didn't want to go there without something resembling proof or even evidence. Say, if Bridget had a holy mark in a visible place, or kept it covered up by her headband, and not!Bridget is walking around with no mark, it's kind of hard to assemble an argument that doesn't sound bonkers. When you're depending on someone else for survival you don't want them thinking you're a) nuts or b) perving on them in some weird oblique way.

That Kaga interview in the Treasure artbook hints that something like the Bridget twist was planned for a while, though-- he said something about all the Gen1 Crusaders not necessarily being dead but that they'd been sidelined and couldn't join in the final showdown. Personally, I was meh on Bridget until I found out about the twist and it made me like her far more.

Yeah, well Finn does stuff like that. He could've busted fake!Shanan but didn't even though the fraud was actually hurting the reputation of the real Shanan and the dude was conning Mareeta. He didn't tell Leif about what really happened to Altena until Leif asked. For all we know he recognized Fergus (and for my money Ferg's secret identity is the worst plot twist in FE5) and didn't say anything about THAT either.

But in this particular case, he probably didn't want to go there without something resembling proof or even evidence. Say, if Bridget had a holy mark in a visible place, or kept it covered up by her headband, and not!Bridget is walking around with no mark, it's kind of hard to assemble an argument that doesn't sound bonkers. When you're depending on someone else for survival you don't want them thinking you're a) nuts or b) perving on them in some weird oblique way.

That Kaga interview in the Treasure artbook hints that something like the Bridget twist was planned for a while, though-- he said something about all the Gen1 Crusaders not necessarily being dead but that they'd been sidelined and couldn't join in the final showdown. Personally, I was meh on Bridget until I found out about the twist and it made me like her far more.

Finn and Shannam sounds like it could be a funny Support or Base Conversation for a remake. Not sure what your talking about with Fergus' secret identity though. I can't remember the game doing anything with him at all. I know he can use the Beo Sword which suggests he's Beowolf's son but the game never makes anything of it that would constitute a plot twist. So I think I'm missing something there. However your wrong about Finn not saying anything about Altena. He wasn't with Cuan in the Yied Desert so like the rest of the world, he assumed Altena was dead. It was only when he saw her wielding the Gae Bolg at the end of Chapter 8 of Holy War did he realise she was alive. Unless you're suggesting he should have told Leif in the last few chapters of Thracia in which case it's more to do with presenting the information at a relevant point that doesn't break gameflow.

Edited by Jotari

Finn and Shannam sounds like it could be a funny Support or Base Conversation for a remake. Not sure what your talking about with Fergus' secret identity though. I can't remember the game doing anything with him at all. I know he can use the Beo Sword which suggests he's Beowolf's son but the game never makes anything of it that would constitute a plot twist. So I think I'm missing something there. However your wrong about Finn not saying anything about Altena. He wasn't with Cuan in the Yied Desert so like the rest of the world, he assumed Altena was dead. It was only when he saw her wielding the Gae Bolg at the end of Chapter 8 of Holy War did he realise she was alive. Unless you're suggesting he should have told Leif in the last few chapters of Thracia in which case it's more to do with presenting the information at a relevant point that doesn't break gameflow.

Fergus has a character ending which suggests he's not only Beo's kid but is likely a male heir to one of the Manster District kingdoms, which undermines Leif's status as "the last male heir" that he enjoys at the end of FE5. Just that the game made a point of Leif being the last male heir only to go "LOL Fergus" a few minutes later is aggravating.

Yeah, Finn not mentioning Altena's survival until the beginning of Ch9 is certainly a gameflow issue, and from a dramatic standpoint it works very well, but from his dialogue with Leif there it's clear he's been holding that information since the battle for Manster (days? weeks? months? dunno) and only tells Leif when Leif asks him what's on his mind. He does not appear to be a "see something, say something" kinda guy unless something pushes him to it, like hearing Eyvel's backstory.