IF Roy Was In Fates.

Captain Karnage

so even though Roy's amiibo wasn't compatible with Fates I still wonder,

what his class would have been

what kinds of skills he would have had

and who his english VA would have been

so give me your ideas.

I have no idea for the first two but I guess Nintendo would have gotten Anthony Del Rio

or Danny Divito lol

I dunno why, I'm not even a huge fan of his but I always get a bit of laugh out of the thought of Roy being voiced by Bryce Papenbrook, as for class, not sure, they would've probably released a DLC with a seal that unlocks Master Lord and Roy would be one

Master Lord would be his class, I think. I know in English fanslations, it's Great Lord, but perhaps go with the Japanese name to differentiate it from Lucina's.

Of course, he would have the Sword of Seals as his weapon and it would function similar in Fates as it would in the original game.

Not sure about skills, but I think Donnel's or Kaze's VAs would be a good fit.

I feel Kaze's VA could be too mature, maybe I jus haven't heard his other roles but you need to remember Roy is only 15 I'm pretty sure, and Donnel has the country accent, which isn't very fitting of a noble. I could be wrong, I know most VA's have insane range (Marth and Kiragi are voiced by the same dude and so are Hayato and Saizo) but with the voices as you said, I can't quite see it

Master Lord would be his class, I think. I know in English fanslations, it's Great Lord, but perhaps go with the Japanese name to differentiate it from Lucina's.

Of course, he would have the Sword of Seals as his weapon and it would function similar in Fates as it would in the original game.

That'd fail to distinguish his class name in Japanese though.

They both have the same class name in Japanese, translating it differently would just be inconsistent.

The reason it's Great Lord in fan translations is this is what "Master Lord" has always been called in official English localizations for FE8 and 13.

Anyway, it'd probably be a Great Lord (m) class, as for skills.... nothing ever stands out about Roy unit wise, aside from promoting late. Possibly give him a small set buffer to the Attack Spd penalties given by Steels and such, in reference to CON?

For some reason I've often bounced around the idea of Vic Mignogna as Roy, but I don't know how much I'd even want that. Antony Del Rio would actually probably be able to match Roy's Japanese voice better than most people, though, judging from the roles I've heard him in.

As for a class, he'd probably just be either a male Great Lord, or get the label of Knight Lord, after his father, despite not actually being the same class. I'd imagine that, in terms of growths and modifiers, he'd probably end up being sort of a middle-of-the-road, balanced character, slightly slanted towards Strength and maybe a little Speed, since the amiibo characters are based on the Smash versions. I want to say his class would have a skill that would boost the power of 1-range attacks, but that might get a little broken. I can see him borrowing some of the Grandmaster passive skills, since he trained as a tactician. He'd also probably join the Charm club.

Obviously, he'd have the Binding Blade as his signature weapon, to match those wielded by the other amiibo characters. Ideally, it'd come complete with its 2-range fire attack.

Also, yeah, Great Lord is the English localization of the generic "Master Lord" promoted class name. It ended up probably-unintentionally clashing with Hector's Great Lord class, which actually was Great Lord in Japanese, but Roy's promoted class name in Japanese is exactly the same as Eirika's, Ephraim's, and Chrom and Lucina's. Frankly, the class name might as well be "Better Lord".

Edited by Topaz Light

I imagine the Sword of Seals would function like a weaker Ragnell without the attack speed penalty, and Roy himself would be a Master Lord, as others have said. I imagine his skills would probably have Defensetaker at level 35, either that or one of the other taker skills, and I imagine he'd have some tactical aura since much is made of how good of a strategist he is. Other than that? Not sure.

Ever since I made a SoulCalibur IV custom character of Roy (which I got from the vid below), I can't see anyone but Yuri Lowenthal voicing him. That pitch should be easy enough for him to reach. And hey, he voices Marth too.

https://youtu.be/Gv1CrqfMShk?t=1m50s

I always imagined Elibe being a European inspired continent, so I imagine him being voiced by Adam Howden (Shulk's VA). His binding blade will be effective against dragons, give him the same defense boosts from FE6, heals the user and adjacent allies but will have a lowered crit rate and using it as a ranged weapon/healing, will make him unable to retaliate in the enemy phase for the sake of nerfing an already broken weapon.

His class will be Master Lord, which would be more defensive based and will have skills like aether and unique skill which I can't think of.

That'd fail to distinguish his class name in Japanese though.

They both have the same class name in Japanese, translating it differently would just be inconsistent.

The reason it's Great Lord in fan translations is this is what "Master Lord" has always been called in official English localizations for FE8 and 13.

Except "Great Lord" is also in Katakana for Hector.

グレートロード

Except "Great Lord" is also in Katakana for Hector.

グレートロード

Hector isn't in the game though?

I was saying Roy's class name is the same as Lucina, Chrom, Eirika, and Ephraim's.

In Awakening, even in the English version, there are 2 variants of the Great Lord class (male and female) that have different class stat caps. And this is before character modifiers are even considered.

Point is, there honestly isn't much of an issue with Roy's class being Great Lord or Master Lord.

Yeah, Kaze and Donnel might not've been the best fit, now that I think about it. I don't really want Yuri to voice Roy either, as he's already Marth, but I'm indifferent to that idea. Perhaps Spike Spencer, who was anime Marth and Awakening's Excellus? Next voice that popped into my head was Ash Ketchum's VA, but... ehhhh.

Roy

Class: Master Lord (To differentiate from Lucina's)

Personal skill: General's Leadership: +X stat boost to all nearby allies

Weapon: Sword of Seals(Works like it does in FE6)

VA: Yuri Lowenthal or Ben Diskin