Count Until Mods Post! Current Count: 69 haha sex number

Truthblade

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

So this is what life means. It's all a buildup to the reveal that counting in a forum is hopeless. Poor Arthur Dent never even had a chance.

Wait, I know an Arthur Dent! Is the Arthur Dent you know seriously psychotic, because then we might know the same guy!

Edited by SullyMcGully

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

Wait, I know an Arthur Dent! Is the Arthur Dent you know seriously psychotic, because then we might know the same guy!

That depends. If the Arthur Dent you know is a remarkably average man living near London, with an outlook on life only rivaled by a clinically depressed android, then yes. If not, then I assume you're talking about a real person, and I would then recommend checking out the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series of books, as they're quite good.

21. Oh, as in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I suppose I must ask, might my consumption of black tea—in which I assume contains quantities of Brownian Motion—be the reason as to why I am cursed with both extremes of luck?

...Might I even be using the terms correctly? I have only played the text adventure of the aforementioned title.

2 minutes ago, Clarine said:

...Might I even be using the terms correctly? I have only played the text adventure of the aforementioned title.

I'll be honest, I haven't read the books myself for a good few years now, so I couldn't even say for sure. I do vaguely remember tea being a thing in at least the first book though, so I'd say you've got a good chance of being right!

I remember downloading a (probably unofficial) port of that game on my old Android phone. I wonder if that's still on the Android app shop.

3 minutes ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

I am led to assume yes, since I know even less than you.

Zweiundzwanzig.

Aw, and I was preparing to make a Babel Fish joke to go with your counting...

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll be honest, I haven't read the books myself for a good few years now, so I couldn't even say for sure. I do vaguely remember tea being a thing in at least the first book though, so I'd say you've got a good chance of being right!

I remember downloading a (probably unofficial) port of that game on my old Android phone. I wonder if that's still on the Android app shop.

Splendid! If one might wish to amuse themselves with this game, you can most easily play the Anniversary Version here. Of course, I cannot ascertain as to if the BBC limits users from other regions outside the United Kingdom

3 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Splendid! If one might wish to amuse themselves with this game, you can most easily play the Anniversary Version here. Of course, I cannot ascertain as to if the BBC limits users from other regions outside the United Kingdom

Oh wow, I didn't know this existed! Thanks! And it seems to be letting me play just fine, so it at least works in the US as well. I'll definitely mess around with this; I've already successfully died with a score of 10, but perhaps I can dodge those pesky bricks with enough practice.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh wow, I didn't know this existed! Thanks! And it seems to be letting me play just fine, so it at least works in the US as well. I'll definitely mess around with this; I've already successfully died with a score of 10, but perhaps I can dodge those pesky bricks with enough practice.

How amusing. Very well, I shall wish you the best of luck. Perhaps you might possess the slightest bit of wit to escape the inevitable end of Earth.