Peri class?

___

She's terrible at magic. I was wondering what sort of physical class would be best? I like the paladin's 8 movement stat, but I'm wondering if she'll do well as a Wyvern Lord or Swordmaster. Also, any skills suggestions? I was thinking something like Swordfaire or Lancefaire would be nice to boost her strength.

Ah, and I'm sure this is well known, but how come her personal skill activating won't allow other bleeding skills (like Poison Strike) to activate at the same time?

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention when I wrote that last part, there's no problem at all.

Edited by ___

Ah, and I'm sure this is well known, but how come her personal skill activating won't allow other bleeding skills (like Poison Strike) to activate at the same time? Is this fixed with downloadable content?

Peri's personal skill requires her to defeat an enemy when she's attacking.

Paladin is probably her best class. She has high movement, Str, SPD and Res so she makes a very good anti-mage unit. But she's very weak against physical hits (low HP and Def) so she can't tank anything but magical hits, and I prefer to use her as a Player Phase Unit. With Galeforce, Lifetaker, Armored Blow and Agressor (needs a lot of reclassing though), you can ORKO a frail unit so Galeforce and her Personal trigger so she's even more amazing for her 2nd turn. Then, I usually leave here for Dual Strikes before moving for her second action. And she auto-heals so she can take down another enemy without dying.

Definitely, Poison Strike is not her best skill, as you'd want her to ORKO.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

Spear Master or Ninja are pretty good classes for her. Spear Master increases her offense + keeps her lance rank. Ninja helps her shaky skill growth and capitalizes on her high speed and res. You'll have to S-support her with Corrin if you want her to Spear Master though. She can get ninja from Kaze.

Paladin is probably her best class. She has high movement, Str, SPD and Res so she makes a very good anti-mage unit. But she's very weak against physical hits (low HP and Def) so she can't tank anything but magical hits, and I prefer to use her as a Player Phase Unit. With Galeforce, Lifetaker, Armored Blow and Agressor (needs a lot of reclassing though), you can ORKO a frail unit so Galeforce and her Personal trigger so she's even more amazing for her 2nd turn. Then, I usually leave here for Dual Strikes before moving for her second action. And she auto-heals so she can take down another enemy without dying.

Definitely, Poison Strike is not her best skill, as you'd want her to ORKO.

The problem with that skill setup, as I see it, is that you won't be seeing any of those skills until near the end of the game, especially Galeforce and Aggressor.

I have a file at end-of-game and hadn't done any work on her, but I did today. I classed her into a Swordmaster, gave her Lifetaker, Defender, Swordfaire, and Duplicate (it turns out she can friend Kagero, who would of thought?). I think I used Duelist Blow for the last slot, didn't get around to getting Armored Blow. It was the best I thought I could do since I had few marriage partners left and I had already spent my Ebon Wings and Dread Scrolls (Jakob, Hinata, Silas and Leo where the only ones left I think), so I couldn't access Aggressor in the file anymore but I did get Life and Death. I like the Paladin's movement, but yeah the defense is pretty low. Not that the sword master is any better in that regard, but she at least had great avoidance, specially after her first attack. I did find the Ninja very tempting but the lower Str made me think twice. I would love to give her Gale Force though, so I wanted the advice to better develop her on my second Revelations run because I completely neglected her before but her personal skill is just too great to pass up.

On the matter of skills, can you purchase skills like Gale Force and Aggressor? I haven't tried it because I assumed you couldn't, given that they are related to special classes.

The problem with that skill setup, as I see it, is that you won't be seeing any of those skills until near the end of the game, especially Galeforce and Aggressor.

Yes, that's why she'll only be fully operational lategame. That being said, there's probably another way to make her usable with the same niche. But she's usable as a mage killer way before that so that's fine. Especially with Azura dancing for her. Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

I have a file at end-of-game and hadn't done any work on her, but I did today. I classed her into a Swordmaster, gave her Lifetaker, Defender, Swordfaire, and Duplicate (it turns out she can friend Kagero, who would of thought?). I think I used Duelist Blow for the last slot, didn't get around to getting Armored Blow. It was the best I thought I could do since I had few marriage partners left and I had already spent my Ebon Wings and Dread Scrolls (Jakob, Hinata, Silas and Leo where the only ones left I think), so I couldn't access Aggressor in the file anymore but I did get Life and Death. I like the Paladin's movement, but yeah the defense is pretty low. Not that the sword master is any better in that regard, but she at least had great avoidance, specially after her first attack. I did find the Ninja very tempting but the lower Str made me think twice. I would love to give her Gale Force though, so I wanted the advice to better develop her on my second Revelations run because I completely neglected her before but her personal skill is just too great to pass up.

On the matter of skills, can you purchase skills like Gale Force and Aggressor? I haven't tried it because I assumed you couldn't, given that they are related to special classes.

I'm pretty sure you can't purchase DLC skills. The only way to get it is through learning it on your own unfortunately. Just to add to that, if you can't pass it through inheritance for children, you can't buy it under most cases now that I think about it.

Edited by Augestein

Yes, that's why she'll only be fully operational lategame. That being said, there's probably another way to make her usable with the same niche. But she's usable as a mage killer way before that so that's fine. Especially with Azura dancing for her.

And you don't see a problem with recommending a skillset that you won't have all the components of until you're at the final boss's doorstep, if at all?

No. DLC skills can't be bought. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

And you don't see a problem with recommending a skillset that you won't have all the components of until you're at the final boss's doorstep, if at all?.

Not really because it works well for her and make her pretty hilarious on the battlefield, and she's still usable while she's leveling cause you get these skills (and tons of others) on the way and she don't mind being a Dark Falcon or a Dread Fighter, which is a really good class for her too thanks to its high Str, Spd, and Res, and its ability to wield swords. And skillsets are already complete lategame for most characters, so a few chapters don't make a big difference.

By the way, Duelist's Blow would probably be a better choice than Armored Blow but it's not accessible.

Not really because it works well for her and make her pretty hilarious on the battlefield, and she's still usable while she's leveling cause you get these skills (and tons of others) on the way and she don't mind being a Dark Falcon or a Dread Fighter, which is a really good class for her too thanks to its high Str, Spd, and Res, and its ability to wield swords. And skillsets are already complete lategame for most characters, so a few chapters don't make a big difference.

By the way, Duelist's Blow would probably be a better choice than Armored Blow but it's not accessible.

The problem is, as I see it, it's guilty of "Awesome, but Impractical", because I won't be able to take full advantage of it for very long, if at all. For crying out loud, this is a skillset of 4 level 15 skills we're talking about, to say nothing of the part where this might require an extremely expensive Eternal Seal to accomplish.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The problem is, as I see it, it's guilty of "Awesome, but Impractical", because I won't be able to take full advantage of it for very long, if at all. For crying out loud, this is a skillset of 4 level 15 skills we're talking about, to say nothing of the part where this might require an extremely expensive Eternal Seal to accomplish.

Yeah, I understand your point, but in my case, most of my characters on my runs were reclassed 'til level 20/17 or higher, so Peri didn't make such a big difference. If you're really worried about that, you can still buy one of these skills in other MyCastles, but an Eternal Seal is not needed. It is quite expensive on Heart Seals though, but we're not that short on money, even in Conquest. I reclassed everybody several times and I never went under 8,000G and still could forge some +1 or +2 weapons, with the stock we're given.

Also she's not at her full potential until late, but she can still enjoys the variety of skills she gets before that, so she's already great. Mine capped her strength extremely early in Conquest (around chapter 20, she almost caught up Effie's at that time, probably because she spent some time as a GK or Dark Knight), reached hilarious Speed with her Personal and Azura's dance (like 28 as a Cavalier on chapter 16), and her Res was OK but not as high as it should've been (29 at level 20/20, whereas she spent some time as Dark Falcon, DF that should give tons of Res).

Yeah, I understand your point, but in my case, most of my characters on my runs were reclassed 'til level 20/17 or higher, so Peri didn't make such a big difference. If you're really worried about that, you can still buy one of these skills in other MyCastles, but an Eternal Seal is not needed. It is quite expensive on Heart Seals though, but we're not that short on money, even in Conquest. I reclassed everybody several times and I never went under 8,000G and still could forge some +1 or +2 weapons, with the stock we're given.

Also she's not at her full potential until late, but she can still enjoys the variety of skills she gets before that, so she's already great. Mine capped her strength extremely early in Conquest (around chapter 20, she almost caught up Effie's at that time, probably because she spent some time as a GK or Dark Knight), reached hilarious Speed with her Personal and Azura's dance (like 28 as a Cavalier on chapter 16), and her Res was OK but not as high as it should've been (29 at level 20/20, whereas she spent some time as Dark Falcon, DF that should give tons of Res).

How much reclassing would need to be done is only part of the problem. There's also the fact that for the majority of the game, you only have so many Heart Seals to work with.

How much reclassing would need to be done is only part of the problem. There's also the fact that for the majority of the game, you only have so many Heart Seals to work with.

If you consider money to be an issue yeah, you do have finite heart seals, but you can buy them in the staff stores. In a worst case scenario, you could get Midori to make you some gold bars by visiting castles and battling though.

If you consider money to be an issue yeah, you do have finite heart seals, but you can buy them in the staff stores. In a worst case scenario, you could get Midori to make you some gold bars by visiting castles and battling though.

That';s not it so much as the fact that until chapter 20 or w/ever, you only have 3 buyable Heart Seals. Also, Profiteer isn't exactly reliable, so that ain't a good solution to money problems (and it only works during the first seven turns, which doesn't help).

That';s not it so much as the fact that until chapter 20 or w/ever, you only have 3 buyable Heart Seals. Also, Profiteer isn't exactly reliable, so that ain't a good solution to money problems (and it only works during the first seven turns, which doesn't help).

That's why you do it in Visits to My Castle. There's no danger. And with Midori, the chance of it happening is doubled. It becomes (luck*2)%. That said, it's not a bad choice for Peri if you have the spare funds. Of course, I can't talk, because on a playthrough I took Felicia through Hero, Swordmaster, and then back to Strategiest to be able to give skills to other people.

That's why you do it in Visits to My Castle. There's no danger. And with Midori, the chance of it happening is doubled. It becomes (luck*2)%. That said, it's not a bad choice for Peri if you have the spare funds. Of course, I can't talk, because on a playthrough I took Felicia through Hero, Swordmaster, and then back to Strategiest to be able to give skills to other people.

It doesn't work in My castle battles, for one, and second, even on Midori, it's still not that reliable (I'd see it being around the chance of a coin flip at best).

It doesn't work in My castle battles, for one, and second, even on Midori, it's still not that reliable (I'd see it being around the chance of a coin flip at best).

That's strange, Corrin has proced it for me. Maybe Conquest actually disables it, because I've definitely had it proc for me when raising supports in Revelations. But then again, I guess it doesn't really matter because your inventory is reset on MC battles.

Edited by Augestein

I'd advise against setting up a skill build with stuff like galeforce or replicate to take advantage of her personal skill, it's largely a huge waste of time. It's just a personal set of four rallies that activate after she kills, which means that if you have a rally bot, it's literally worthless because the effects don't stack. Take that amount of skill building investment and just train up Laslow as a rally bot with skill, speed and strength, and then you can get similar bonuses on basically everyone on your team.

Edited by Alastor15243

First off, I don't see money as a problem in Conquest largely because I purchased Ghostly Gold and for EXP I brought Boo Camp. While others may not have these two specific DLCs, I used it for reclass on Conquest, Revelations, and Birthright. I actually see people's point with Padalin class, so no worries there, but on Revelations, I somehow leveled her up 3 levels on hard Black Flames, and promoted her to a Great Knight, which changed her from a "Ow, physical weapons hurt, I can't hurt them either" to a "Come at me bro" unit. I say to let her get Armored Blow, Defender(if early game. If post, Aegis.) guaranteed. Then, later, Vengance, and maybe Bowbreaker, if Conquest and battling Takumi/Setsuna/Reina/random snipers. Lifetaker is actually pretty good with Galeforce, and supporting with Felicia/Jakob gives her Tomebreaker when she's a Great Knight, with higher Def then Res. She might need Swordbreaker because she hasn't been trained in Axes yet, but Aether won't activate unless you try really hard to make her a Wifi worthy unit, which isn't common for Peri. Taker skills also resonate really well with her Galeforce and Bloodthirst. It depends on your strategy what to do with Peri. Of course, I will get criticized for every skill up here by a heckler, but this whole paragraph is my opinion on her skills. As for her class, I used Great Knight because she needed the extra Def and and her Str growth was massive. (75%, I believe?) Padalin Peris will do that for her stats being Res balance, but I didn't do that. A Sorcerer Peri is only for the skills, honestly. A Dark Knight might work, If you manage to find her Mag somewhere. I think a physical class with balanced Def/Res, like Basara, perhaps? I don't really know her classes well outside main class and heart seal.