Thracia 776, what's necessary and what's not?

Jotari

Oh hey, so if anyone's still following this thread, I wouldn't mind hearing some opinoins on having Magic work both as an offensive and defensive stat. In fact that be an interesting enough topic to warrent its own thread.

Oh hey, so if anyone's still following this thread, I wouldn't mind hearing some opinoins on having Magic work both as an offensive and defensive stat. In fact that be an interesting enough topic to warrent its own thread.

No. Res is perfectly fine as a stat, and is even more important than defense in some games. Also, Pure Water as an attack boost is far too broken to be allowed.

tbh I rather liked the mag = res stat for how weird it was but I'm not totally sure I'd want it back. For one is basically undermines any character fulfilling the niche role of a physical magic tank ie modern Pegasus Knights, but on the other hand yeah it opens up some crazy possibilities - pure water boosting attack for a short while, mages basically being impervious to one another, etc. I'd like to see it TRIED again at least in some fashion.

tbh I rather liked the mag = res stat for how weird it was but I'm not totally sure I'd want it back. For one is basically undermines any character fulfilling the niche role of a physical magic tank ie modern Pegasus Knights, but on the other hand yeah it opens up some crazy possibilities - pure water boosting attack for a short while, mages basically being impervious to one another, etc. I'd like to see it TRIED again at least in some fashion.

I'm of a pretty similar opinion. If it was a legitimately a way the series was for a while then I'd probably be pretty harsh on it but the fact that resistance existed as a stat , and then they intentionally removed it for a single game kind of makes it clear that they were experimenting. And the experiment was pretty interesting. Sure, holy water and tiles that boost magic by 10 are kind of broken but that sort of fits into Thracia's game design were practically everything is broken. With all that being said though, I'm not sure it really should come back in a hypothetical Thracia remake or balance patch. But like the inability to position allied units, it works but it's still kind of strange.