Fate/Stay Night Role Play: The 6th Holy Grail War (SIGN UPS CLOSED)

EdwardSunnyDisposition

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just very weak to procrastination. There's some things I need to add to the sheet but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

This is something I feel the need to mention, but when we do start RPing, should our characters know slightly less about the other masters than we, the players know? Since some of the profiles give away details like ideology, or let us know that they secretly feel one or the other. You know, things you wouldn't get through simple observation like through recon. If our characters do fully know all the details from the profiles, maybe we should all rework the profiles, simplifying it to a simple bio.

1 hour ago, bioky858 said:

This is something I feel the need to mention, but when we do start RPing, should our characters know slightly less about the other masters than we, the players know? Since some of the profiles give away details like ideology, or let us know that they secretly feel one or the other. You know, things you wouldn't get through simple observation like through recon. If our characters do fully know all the details from the profiles, maybe we should all rework the profiles, simplifying it to a simple bio.

I'd put it under the idea that a lot of extensive research has been conducted such as survelliance, similar to Zero. As such Masters can draw conclusions from the actions taken in the past (like how Kiritsugu basically does a verbal thesis on Kirei based off of his life choices), also; there are things beyond the bio obviously, or the characters may have a hidden side that isn't reflected in the bios, so it should be fine :)

I assumed that was what the value system in the Servant Creation Guide was for, in order to keep all the Servants at a reasonable level, and we'd simply trust each other not to make anybody too OPed. It's not a perfect system, but so long as we don't have a third party to review and check our Servants for us, this is the only viable way to do it without revealing all of your Servant to each other. But yeah, I was wondering about that too...

9 minutes ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

I assumed that was what the value system in the Servant Creation Guide was for, in order to keep all the Servants at a reasonable level, and we'd simply trust each other not to make anybody too OPed. It's not a perfect system, but so long as we don't have a third party to review and check our Servants for us, this is the only viable way to do it without revealing all of your Servant to each other. But yeah, I was wondering about that too...

I actually had an idea with the system and it was that my servant was actually very weak but when their NP was released it basically turns them into a Extremly strong servant for that one battle 

but how would you work around the point system then? 

Personally I would just ask @EdwardSunnyDisposition directly since I ran into a similar problem. My Archer is a Servant whose point value would fluctuate depending on the occasion, ranging from 750 and 800 all they way to 1,000, all of which are within the acceptable range, though if you were to add all the abilities he/she possesses you'd arrive at a total of 1,450, which is way above the accepted threshold. However, since he/she only has limited access to his/her abilities at a time @EdwardSunnyDisposition decided to approve of him/her in the end. What you propose might be very similar to my case so I can give you some advice.

Instead of counting ALL of his abilities and Stats together in one full package, evaluate him separately for each of his separate... "modes" I guess would be an adequate term. So long as each of them fall under the limit, you're good. Alternatively, if he has a limited "mode" that temporarily allows him to go above the limit, I'd argue that'd also be alright so long as that ability is balanced correctly. It'll be hard to discuss this ability of his without giving away too much about his move-set or identity, so I'd recommend taking it up with @EdwardSunnyDisposition and asking him for his opinion, though I'd be all for it too if you want to word your Noble Phantasm in a cryptic way to prevent me from finding out. Then again, it's @EdwardSunnyDisposition's opinion that matters in the end.

2 minutes ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Personally I would just ask @EdwardSunnyDisposition directly since I ran into a similar problem. My Archer is a Servant whose point value would fluctuate depending on the occasion, ranging from 750 and 800 all they way to 1,000, all of which are within the acceptable range, though if you were to add all the abilities he/she possesses you'd arrive at a total of 1,450, which is way above the accepted threshold. However, since he/she only has limited access to his/her abilities at a time @EdwardSunnyDisposition decided to approve of him/her in the end. What you propose might be very similar to my case so I can give you some advice.

Instead of counting ALL of his abilities and Stats together in one full package, evaluate him separately for each of his separate... "modes" I guess would be an adequate term. So long as each of them fall under the limit, you're good. Alternatively, if he has a limited "mode" that temporarily allows him to go above the limit, I'd argue that'd also be alright so long as that ability is balanced correctly. It'll be hard to discuss this ability of his without giving away too much about his move-set or identity, so I'd recommend taking it up with @EdwardSunnyDisposition and asking him for his opinion, though I'd be all for it too if you want to word your Noble Phantasm in a cryptic way to prevent me from finding out. Then again, it's @EdwardSunnyDisposition's opinion that matters in the end.

Oh no this was an idea I scrapped 

it was just a question really cause I wasn't sure what should be done in such a situation >_>

Oh right, never mind then. I guess as long as you just follow the guide as close as possible you'll be alright and be forgiven slight deviations as long as they are within reason and properly justified. Some things cannot be expressed accurately in just numbers after all.

16 minutes ago, A Random Player said:

Gilgamesh. And any god I guess, at least without nerfs.

I was thinking these guys 

Gilgamesh, King of Heroes
Enkidu 
Suzuka Gozen (Sanzen Daisen Sekai only)
Solomon, The King of Magic (Caster)
Merlin
King Hassan (Grand Assassin)
Ishtar (Archer)
Quetzalcoatl (Rider)

You could also argue for Karna and a few others 

13 minutes ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

In general, I'd say all 5 Star Servants (using the /Grand Order scale) are liable to be too overpowered, but I guess that list would be a little too vague. I think as long as you use your common sense you should be fine ^^

But Atoria, Jack and such are also on that list >_>

Which is why that list is by far too vague to be the be-all-end-all of lists, but still, you have to agree that Arturia is pretty overpowered herself xP
To be fair, compared to most other Servants that have been introduced as of late she seems pretty standard, but the fact remains that she is nigh untouchable at her strongest.

7 minutes ago, ChristmasForJuan said:

Which is why that list is by far too vague to be the be-all-end-all of lists, but still, you have to agree that Arturia is pretty overpowered herself xP
To be fair, compared to most other Servants that have been introduced as of late she seems pretty standard, but the fact remains that she is nigh untouchable at her strongest.

Well at her strongest she would be Goddess Rhongo but that's not the one we're talking about

But yeah it's not so much Atoria but rather Avalon that makes her OP

True, though her Personal Skills of Instinct and Mana Burst as well as her exceptionally high Luck Stat are definitely not to be trifled with, not to mention how Excalibur seems nigh limitless in it's power since it has been shown to even take down a high-ranking Phantasmal Beast in one blow. Any variation of the adorable King of Knights is bound to be bursting with power, which is obviously not a bad thing, but the fact remains that she is powerful. Either way, "power" isn't a bad thing by itself. I wouldn't mind somebody using Gilgamesh so long as they do it well, I just want people to be careful. In any case, my opinion matters little anyway ^^

Edited by ChristmasForJuan