Valkyria: Azure Revolution being localized as Valkyria Revolution (PS4/PSV/Xbox One?!) in Q2 2017

The DanMan

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/14/valkyria-azure-revolution-headed-west-valkyria-revolution/

Basically, that. Vita's locked to digital, but everything else gets it physical.

It was one of those games I kinda had my eyes on, but with the bizarro addition of an Xbox One port in the localization my interest has been greatly piqued.

Edited by The DanMan

"Yay, free money!" port is not bizzaro. The PS4 and XbOne have the same architecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u79xzjJHrzc

So, it looks like... a more action-y Valkyria Chronicles?

Still, it's a very Japanese game and the overall porting and release process still costs them money. Considering Japanese games never really sell well on Xbox platforms (even outside of Japan), this is surprising.

While I'm happy there are more titles in that franchise... Valkyria Musou isn't something I'd jump up and down about in excitement from the sound.

However, like Hyrule Warriors, I'm gonna give it a chance.

Well, it doesn't sound quite as overblown as the Warriors series-- as well as deeper gameplay to boot. It still seems to have a much more tactical feeling and bearing to it.

While I'm happy there are more titles in that franchise... Valkyria Musou isn't something I'd jump up and down about in excitement from the sound.

However, like Hyrule Warriors, I'm gonna give it a chance.

Pretty much on the same wavelength as Rey here. I'll give it a shot but this isn't exactly what I was looking for in newer installments. I'll take a shot at it once it goes on sale or I hear more about it once it releases.

Pretty much on the same wavelength as Rey here. I'll give it a shot but this isn't exactly what I was looking for in newer installments. I'll take a shot at it once it goes on sale or I hear more about it once it releases.

I'll wait for Western reviews; impressions are mixed with plenty of gamer hyperbole and complaints about it not being VC4. It's feeling like FFXV and Xenoblade X all over again in that regard.

Why is console or pc exclusive still a thing? They should just release it to all the mediums that can play them.

To anyone who knows about game devolping, is there any particular reason other than like market things, which is a fairly good reason i guess due to resources vs potential sales or something like that. Idk i'm not very informed.

Why is console or pc exclusive still a thing? They should just release it to all the mediums that can play them.

To anyone who knows about game devolping, is there any particular reason other than like market things, which is a fairly good reason i guess due to resources vs potential sales or something like that. Idk i'm not very informed.

there are various reasons a product will be console or PC exclusive or not appear on a particular product. Here are the three big ones.

1. Cost & Hardware: while it's relatively easy to port between Xbox one and PS4 they do have Simerly PC architectures, Console to PC ports aren't always so simple as you can see from some development house is regularly outsourcing their PC ports, same with some low-budget indie games who can't escape the PC platform for similar reasons whether they don't want to pay licensing fees that consoles often have or don't have the manpower or time to port it to console or other platforms, usually these are small team so every port does require a lot of effort and some time for them to do it it's really a balancing for the developer as they think about wither it's worth the effort to port. And in some cases the game is just incompatible with other systems whether it's 3DS game very much made for 3DS hardware, or a PC game very much steeped in mouse and keyboard some games are don't translate well to other platforms.

2. Exclusivity deals: yes these are still happening yes they're usually timed, but Companies still are paying for the rights to have games exclusive to their platforms this is to drive sales and particular platform. In some cases the platforms fund the game in the first place (like Nintendo did if with Bayonetta 2) so they can have more exclusives. Platform holders value exclusive's so they'll still put down money to keep certain games exclusive, as they can off and drive sells of a certain product. This is usually the case at all singular console exclusivity as if you ask any game maker they want to get there games into the hands as many people as possible, but if Sony or Microsoft paid the big bucks to make it exclusive for a time or if it's a lot forever. For PC exclusives pretty much exclusively only apply to reason 1, developers either just don't have the time/money to port it or the game is too steeped in mouse and keyboard to be able to be ported.

3. Japan hate Xbox this is when the biggest reasons you will not see that many Japanese centric games on Xbox because it sells like trash in Japan. Microsoft has put a valiant effort into trying but they have failed and they continue to fail hard in that market they just have zero traction in Japan. If they don't appear on PC see reason one, and PS4 is really the most popular thing they're still for Japan so if Japan centric games come out they will likely to be for PS4, Vita, and 3DS ( as handhelds are very strong there). I'm not too sure about Japans relationship with PCs though so don't quote me on that.

Edited by Locke087

there are various reasons a product will be console or PC exclusive or not appear on a particular product. Here are the three big ones.

1. Cost & Hardware: while it's relatively easy to port between Xbox one and PS4 they do have Simerly PC architectures, Console to PC ports aren't always so simple as you can see from some development house is regularly outsourcing their PC ports, same with some low-budget indie games who can't escape the PC platform for similar reasons whether they don't want to pay licensing fees that consoles often have or don't have the manpower or time to port it to console or other platforms, usually these are small team so every port does require a lot of effort and some time for them to do it it's really a balancing for the developer as they think about wither it's worth the effort to port. And in some cases the game is just incompatible with other systems whether it's 3DS game very much made for 3DS hardware, or a PC game very much steeped in mouse and keyboard some games are don't translate well to other platforms.

2. Exclusivity deals: yes these are still happening yes they're usually timed, but Companies still are paying for the rights to have games exclusive to their platforms this is to drive sales and particular platform. In some cases the platforms fund the game in the first place (like Nintendo did if with Bayonetta 2) so they can have more exclusives. Platform holders value exclusive's so they'll still put down money to keep certain games exclusive, as they can off and drive sells of a certain product. This is usually the case at all singular console exclusivity as if you ask any game maker they want to get there games into the hands as many people as possible, but if Sony or Microsoft paid the big bucks to make it exclusive for a time or if it's a lot forever. For PC exclusives pretty much exclusively only apply to reason 1, developers either just don't have the time/money to port it or the game is too steeped in mouse and keyboard to be able to be ported.

3. Japan hate Xbox this is when the biggest reasons you will not see that many Japanese centric games on Xbox because it sells like trash in Japan. Microsoft has put a valiant effort into trying but they have failed and they continue to fail hard in that market they just have zero traction in Japan. If they don't appear on PC see reason one, and PS4 is really the most popular thing they're still for Japan so if Japan centric games come out they will likely to be for PS4, Vita, and 3DS ( as handhelds are very strong there). I'm not too sure about Japans relationship with PCs though so don't quote me on that.

Oh neat-o. Thanks for the info. Number 2 is really stupid though, but i guess consoles have to differentiate themselves somehow >_>

This looks fine and all but was there really an audience clamoring for this sort of thing from Valkyria Chronicles? I wouldn't have even guessed it was the same series if it wasn't told to me.

I would have been more keen in having the sequels being ported to PC. I for one think the first Valkyria Chronicles were great, but the sequels as far as i know haven't made it this way >_>. Unlikely that they'll ever get here though. I guess one can dream?