Why does Arthur keep missing if his skill is high enough?

Harvey

Ok so I thought that Skill determines the hit rate in this game so with a unit like Arthur, why is it that he keeps missing attacks that often? I don't understand how luck plays major for him since its the weakest stat in the game and the least bothered one.....

EDIT: I beated all the games...but looking at Arthur's base stats...I don't get how he misses that often.

Edited by Harvey

Another possible cause is his low Luck stat. Skill is the main stat used in hit calculation, but luck is also a small factor.

So how does it have a huge impact to someone like Arthur? I get that Axe users tend to miss....but by that Logic, Camilla has to be as worse as Arthur and yet she isn't.

So how does it have a huge impact to someone like Arthur? I get that Axe users tend to miss....but by that Logic, Camilla has to be as worse as Arthur and yet she isn't.

Because his luck is virtually nonexistent. That also results in him constantly being at risk of eating crits, which isn't helped by his trash tier personal skill.

• Hit Rate = (Skill) x 3/2 + (Luck) x 1/2 + (Weapon Hit Bonus) + (Weapon Rank Bonus) + (Class Bonus)

I'll use stats for Camilla and Arthur from Birthright Chp. 23 (Camilla) to show this.

Arthur: 21 Skl & 1 Lck

Camilla: 17 Skl & 12 Lck

Based off the stats, Arthur has a 32% hit rate before weapons and class bonuses, while Camilla has 31.5%.

Combined with Gamble this gives Arthur a 22% hit rate before adding weapon bonuses.

So even with a higher skill, Camilla has a better hit rate because of a good luck stat and no Hit-reducing skills.

Camilla has +19 hit on base Arthur due to axe rank, skill, and luck. Granted, Arthur won't be at base by the time Camilla joins, but he may not have improved much since he only gains about +1 hit / level. And if he's gained Gamble (which IMO is a trash skill you should remove ASAP), the gap could easily be 25+.

3 reasons:

1- his base luck is low and luck also affects hit rate

2- he uses axes and those aren't very accurate

3- hoshidan enemies are rather fast and therefore have lots of avoid.

if you want to pinpoint more accurately where the issue lies check:

-Arthur's hit rate stat without any axe equipped and compare it to someone your other units (also unarmed)

-Arthur's hit rate with an axe equipped and compared with other units (also equipped with their weapons)

-Enemy's avoid rate on the pre-battle menus.