FE14 hackers that can get *YOU* shadowbanned

shadowofchaos

tumblr_oibedfn7At1rmzb08o1_540.jpg

So I had this person post on one of my videos stating that they've hacked their game.

And it seems like, whether or not they figured it out themselves how to bypass the shadowban, they have an illegal amount of MUs and Kanas in classes that would trigger the shadowban.

Now, while I call this impressive when it comes to just classes and/or characters...

tumblr_oibedfn7At1rmzb08o3_400.pngtumblr_oibedfn7At1rmzb08o4_400.png

tumblr_oibedfn7At1rmzb08o5_400.pngtumblr_oibedfn7At1rmzb08o6_400.png

They have illegal skills on them that are purchasable.

tumblr_oibedfn7At1rmzb08o7_400.png

By normal people.

And they can be pretty much unaware that those skills will trigger the shadowban as soon as they save.

Urgh.

I don't play Wifi for this reason.

But it also infuriates me that someone that is smart enough to bypass the local shadowban check (which I even can't) would intentionally, or unintentionally "poison" the online experience.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What if someone were to recruit one of those characters, but not use them in their own castle?

I just recently recruited someone (and didn't notice their illegal skills (and class) at first. I haven't used a skill from them nor used their character in my castle though. I feel like I have gotten visitors still, but don't remember. I'll probably check soon though.

Edit: Well I seem to be fine, probably going to kill them off though. Plus I don't even use them

Edited by yokokazuo

Isn't the shadowban from shapeshifter classes determined based on the number of them you have? I know that, aside from the four characters who come in those classes, Shigure and both Kanas can also legitimately access them with the right parentage... Wasn't it, like, if you have more than four Kitsune- or Wolfskin-line characters at once or something, since that's the maximum amount of either you can get legitimately?

(Have Azura marry Kaden or Keaton, then have a MaMU marry Selkie/Velouria.)

It's Villager, I think, that gets you shadowbanned for having anyone but Mozu as the class. Wasn't that right?

Edited by Topaz Light

What if someone were to recruit one of those characters, but not use them in their own castle?

I just recently recruited someone (and didn't notice their illegal skills (and class) at first. I haven't used a skill from them nor used their character in my castle though. I feel like I have gotten visitors still, but don't remember. I'll probably check soon though.

Edit: Well I seem to be fine, probably going to kill them off though. Plus I don't even use them

Recruiting characters won't ban you since they have the einherjar flag. However, getting certain skills will.

IIRC, only Enemy Skills get you shadowbanned. Aptitude, Corrin Skills, Beastkin Skills and Songtress Skills are OK even if they are on a unit that can't get them.

IIRC, Beast skills on a non gen 2 will get you banned. Unless they changed the formula on the international version.

Isn't the shadowban from shapeshifter classes determined based on the number of them you have? I know that, aside from the four characters who come in those classes, Shigure and both Kanas can also legitimately access them with the right parentage...

Yes, but the problem is... those two Kannas are from two Kamuis.

I could look and see if they even have any parents.

Edited by shadowofchaos

IIRC, Beast skills on a non gen 2 will get you banned. Unless they changed the formula on the international version.

Huh... guess that explains why I haven't seen those online... the fact that those ban you and Corrin's don't is a little weird though...

Doesn't Mozu's kid inherit Villager?

Nope, pretty sure she passes down Archer, instead!

...which is weird, considering her kid is still capable of inheriting Aptitude from her, and there's nothing else particularly exceptional about the Villager class; it doesn't even have any promotion options that are unique to it.

Nope, pretty sure she passes down Archer, instead!

...which is weird, considering her kid is still capable of inheriting Aptitude from her, and there's nothing else particularly exceptional about the Villager class; it doesn't even have any promotion options that are unique to it.

Nope it's villager. I know this, because I have paired her with Takumi many times and Kisaragi stll gets the Villager class set instead of ending up with only archer (Takumi gets the Merchant class though).

Nope it's villager. I know this, because I have paired her with Takumi many times and Kisaragi still gets the Villager class set instead of ending up with only archer (Takumi gets the Merchant class though).

Whoa, really? I could've sworn I heard somewhere that her kid didn't inherit Villager from her. Guess that was just wrong.

Hmm... from what I've seen from your screenshots, you don't get shadowbanned for those. It's possible for Kana to become a Nine-tails via a specific pairing. None of the equipped skills are enemy-only. Modding stat caps don't trigger shadowbans -- remember the castle featuring a female avatar with a purple ponytail that went by the name of Mario? I've seen people who kept the avatar for themselves just to make seizing their castles more difficult.

Hmm... from what I've seen from your screenshots, you don't get shadowbanned for those. It's possible for Kana to become a Nine-tails via a specific pairing.

Yes, and that Kanna's father isn't Nishiki.

The local shadowban check only lets those classes get an addition to the class count for your army if you marry Nishiki or Flannel in that specific file. Any other multiples gets you shadowbanned.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Alright, got a question. I have bought a few skills for my units through castles that randomize skills. For example Niles has astra, even though he is a bow knight. Laslow has rend heaven. And a few units have aptitude. Am I at risk of being shadowbanned? And how do I tell if I have been banned or not yet?

Alright, got a question. I have bought a few skills for my units through castles that randomize skills. For example Niles has astra, even though he is a bow knight. Laslow has rend heaven. And a few units have aptitude. Am I at risk of being shadowbanned? And how do I tell if I have been banned or not yet?

You will not be.

You can tell if you're banned if you start a WiFi battle and cannot proceed.

Illegal skills that ban you haven't been able to be bought from what I remember... until now.

Most illegal skills like say... Aptitude or unreleased DLC skills don't get you banned.

So if I buy these banned skills, I get Shadow Banned?

I have 2 copies of the game, would both get banned, just one save file get banned, but swapping to another is safe, or just my 3DS in general get the ban?

From what I understand, the server doesn't check it.

The check runs when you save locally. So it's a per save file basis. Your console or game cart will never get banned.

The ban is a flag in your save file.

Theoretically, you could edit it out.

But the check runs when you save or update your file (via the crystal ball) on the server. To completely bypass it and upload illegal skills, you must have some sort of live (RAM) access.

Edited by shadowofchaos

remember the castle featuring a female avatar with a purple ponytail that went by the name of Mario?

Yeah, I've got a few units from that castle for grinding purposes. Also noticed that the avatar character herself has Wolfssegner for a Heart Seal skill, meaning it's not all that difficult to get Wolfskin skills on your own avatars...

(As for me personally, I've hunted down not only every legal skill my own Avatar characters can't get on their own, but Underdog and Foreign Princess are all I've got left on the "illegal" side as well [EDIT: I've since won Underdog at the NEWGrossSkill castle in the high rankings]. Of course, the only "illegal" I share is Aptitude...)

Edited by shiningpikablu252

From what I understand, the server doesn't check it.

The check runs when you save locally. So it's a per save file basis. Your console or game cart will never get banned.

The ban is a flag in your save file.

Theoretically, you could edit it out.

But the check runs when you save or update your file (via the crystal ball) on the server. To completely bypass it and upload illegal skills, you must have some sort of live (RAM) access.

Thanks for the info mate