Little Known Anime/Manga

Xixiel

I'd like to see how many people know really good material that's generally not well known, and what that material is.

Make sure you say the name, whether it's anime or manga, the genres, the length, and where you can find it (online, download, store), and give a brief summary of what it's about and what kind of content it has (so that people who don't want to see sex and blood don't have to).

I'll start it off.

NAME: Kurozuka

TYPE: Manga

GENRES: Action, Post-Apocalyptic

LENGTH: 10 Volumes

CONTENT: Graphic Violence, Sex

SUMMARY: In Japan, A man named Yoshitsune, or "Kurou", and his servant Benkei escape from Yoshitsune's brother who has just ascended to the throne (I believe his brother is Minamoto no Yoritomo, the first Shogun of the Kamakura period. Yoritomo had an actual half brother named Yoshitsune). Deep in the mountains, they find a cottage where a young woman named Kuromitsu lives alone. I would say the dramatic "This begins an epic adventure..." blah blah blah stuff, but I'll just say some stuff happens and the main part of the story takes place about 150 years from now...

AVAILABILITY: I've only been able to find it as a download from Izumo no Ryuu (You can download Volumes 1 through 10 HERE)

It may not be the best, but it will give people soemthing to read at least. If you like this, another one to try would be the OVA Mnemosyne, which I won't get into.

Kurozuka has recently been made into an anime. I have yet to see it. Also, the manga is adapted from a novel which I can't find.

Ashita no Joe- Japanese teen named Joe beats people up, gets a lifelong awesome rival whose name is pretty much "Ricky" (also japanese) and afraids not of meh animation or people around him being overly dramatic.

(unintentionally) Hilarious and awesome. Watch it.

Hajime no Ippo- Wimp becomes a japanese boxing champion thanks to awesome animation and awesome characters.

Not exactly under appreciated in general, but nobody here I know watches/reads it. It's pretty cool.

Bonus: Neither are drawn like every other anime ever.

Naruto isn't well know XD

*Random assortment of eye twitches*

*High pitched screams*

*Twists head 360 degrees and lets it spin back into place*

BELIEVE IT!

Heres another one:

NAME: Monster

TYPE: Manga and Anime

GENRES: Drama, Mystery, Mild Mind****

LENGTH: Manga--18 Volumes, Anime--74 Episodes

CONTENT: Blood, Death, Conspiracies

SUMMARY: At Eisler Memorial Hospital in Dusseldorf, West Germany, there is a Japanese surgeon named Kenzo Tenma. He is highly skilled and has a great future ahead of him. One day, the morality of the hospital comes to question when they switch him out right before an operation to save a celebrity. The celebrity lives (and donates money to the hospital), but the other, a Turkish construction worker, dies. His friends say he was a fool to believe that human lives are equal. Across town, the police go to investigate the home of an escaped East German politician and find him and his wife dead. Their daughter is in a state of shock, standing over the body of her brother, who was shot in the head but seems to be alive. Tenma gets called in to operate on the boy. However, just before the operation, he gets called out again to operate on the mayor. After much consideration, he goes back and operates on the boy. The boy lives, but the mayor dies. Tenma is chastised by his fellow doctors and has his position stripped away. He goes to visit the boy before he leaves. In a fit of anger and frustration, he curses them, saying that it's their lives that aren't equal and they all deserve to die. That night, a drunk Dr. Tenma answers his door to find the police there, informing him of the murders of the people he "cursed".

10 years later, Dr. Tenma is the Head Surgeon at the hospital. However, just when things start to settle down for him, a new string of murders occur. Dr. Tenma is drawn into a strange mystery, and at the center of it all is a certain boy...

I'm sorry for the long summary, but this is my favorite anime. The anime is great to watch, as they didn't change anything from the manga besides ADDING dialogue.

Name: Slayers

Type: Manga Anime

Genre: Comedy, some romance and action? ( I'm not good at doing this)

Lenght: 26 episodes for each part. 3 parts finished 4th part in progress

Content: minor blood.

Summary: Basicly a group of ppl go and fight againts evil spirits that want to destroy earth.

Edited by Slayer

Name: Slayers

Type: Manga Anime

Genre: Comedy, some romance and action? ( I'm not good at doing this)

Lenght: 26 episodes for each part. 3 parts finished 4th part in progress

Content: minor blood.

Summary: Basicly a group of ppl go and fight againts evil spirits that want to destroy earth.

You mean the Slayers with Lina Inverse and Gourry?

I've seen only 2 episodes because I couldn't find the others... But it WAS funny.

You mean the Slayers with Lina Inverse and Gourry?

I've seen only 2 episodes because I couldn't find the others... But it WAS funny.

Yep that one. I love that anime.