Arch's Tutorial Slayer FE7 won't work..

Marz

So I figured out how to patch the file using Tsukuyomi and it said that the patch worked...then I randomied the game but the Tutorial Slayer won't work I can't progress in the story...Is there something I'm missing, if so please tell me, Thank you.

There's another way to get rid of the tutorial (or at least most of it), but you'll need to do a little bit of "hacking" yourself. Don't worry, I'll walk you through it.

First, make sure you have an un-edited FE7 ROM. I don't know what that patch did, so it's better to start over.

Go to this thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26737

Click the links marked "Nightmare Program" and "GBA Nightmare Modules", download the folders and extract the contents.

Open the Nightmare folder and run Nightmare.exe

(In the toolbar) File > Open Rom > [whichever ROM you are trying to edit]

(In the toolbar) Modules > Load Modules

[start with the GBA Nightmare Modules folder] > FE7 Nightmare Modules > Event Modules > Tutorial Event Editor

Now, you'll see a long list of fields marked "Tutorial Stuff". You need to change every one of those fields so that it reads 0x80000B4

Once that's done...

(In the toolbar) File > Apply Changes

(In the toolbar) File > Save Rom

Now close Nightmare, fire up the ROM in the emulator of your choice, and the tutorials should be gone... mostly.

Notes:

> A few bits of tutorial text will remain, mostly just individual bits of text right at the start of a chapter. While they may give you instructions, you are no longer forced to follow those instructions.

> You'll also lose a couple of bits of text, but only those that had a role in the tutorial process - for example, after moving Lyn she'd comment (paraphrased) "oh no, the bandit's seen me, he's coming this way!", or Kent telling Sain off for attacking a bandit with a lance when he should have used a sword (for the weapon triangle advantage). No actual story important text seems to go missing.

> You'll also lose an event that gives Sain an Iron Sword in chapter 1; that's part of the tutorial. (This is actually in line with hard mode, which doesn't show tutorials and doesn't give that event either).

> I haven't played all the way through with tutorials removed, but it's worked fine for the first couple of chapters. If you start having trouble, you can always use your save file with an un-edited ROM instead; note that tutorials will stop around chapter 9 anyway.