Swordmasters etc. all get +15% crit...

Meteor

Berserkers feel the rage and tear into/through enemies, so they get a bonus...where as pirates and bandits feel no rage

Snipers are skilled at taking people out...their aim is hax...where as archers simply shoot at the enemy

Swordmasters stare at their swords in the moonlight, trying to figure out every detail of them, and practice going crazy on enemies and what-not

Swordsmasters are that - Sword masters. They just look for weak points, and hit them.

For snipers - Ever tried sniping with a handgun?

And Berserkers go... beserk.

hey, that's pretty much what I said...good job!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swordsmasters are that - Sword masters. They just look for weak points, and hit them.

That... still doesn't make sense. What's to stop a Halberdier or anything else for that matter from looking for a weak point and exploiting it?

In fact, that's what *anybody* would do when fighting.

For snipers - Ever tried sniping with a handgun?

I don't see the relevance. Snipers in Fire Emblem use bows. : /

And Berserkers go... beserk.

Just about anything can go berserk. ._.

and he's going psychotic, hunting down everyone who ignored him in the past, "I'll show them the errors of their ways!" he screams

ok, not quite...but I should be the #2 poster...>_> at least I'm part of the elite club

Halberdiers are really well rounded units. They have all around brilliant stats, with phenominal defences (normal & res).

Now, look at berserkers, swordmasters, and snipers. Snipers can only hit from a distance, and when they get up close & personal with people, they're dead as a doornail. Swordsmaster have very little HP, and defence, so their only hope of survival is dodging most of the enemy attacks. Berserkers have lots of HP, but little defences, and dodge. They need the +15% crit to keep up with the rest of the crowd.

well, if you have a good berserker, then he will be able to dodge everything except enemy swordmasters...who will have the attack power of dead rock...and so I send in my GBA (non-pre-promote) berserkers, who kill everything in 1 hit (which is usually a critical), while dodging and taking minimal damage...only have to heal Dart once a level...if that...

I think it's because of what Fore said. Swordmasters NEED to dodge because of their lackluster HP/Defense. Snipers can't attack at close range. Beserkers have horrid defense AND dodge, but lots of HP.

From a logical standpoint, look at it this way:

Snipers are exactly what their name implies; a sniper. They aim for weak points. Imagine the 'crits' as 'head shots', or something to that effect.

Swordmasters are a lot like Samuri (Or I always thought.). They know where to strike to kill people, those they have a 15% crit increase.

Berserkers go Berserk. They're powerhouses, all offense. It would seem natural they'd be prone to criticaling.

Halberdiers, however, are reliable. The first thing I noticed about Devdan on my PoR file was how his stats were even; he was one of my few (If only) unit who had DECENT Defense AND Resistance. He could take blows from magic and weapons. He also had decent speed and strength (If memory serves). So while they don't excell at dealing/taking damage, they're balanced. They can hold their own, and giving them a crit bonus would make them broken.

well find a light affinity in a crit bonus class, support them with another light affinity person, and give them a killer weapon or forged weapon with maxed critical...heaven works just as well or better....THEN you use gamble and you should have a 75% chance of hitting at least...

if gamble brings your crit chance to 100%, it really isnt. I tried it with Mia and once it missed and the crit percent was at 100

if gamble brings your crit chance to 100%, it really isnt. I tried it with Mia and once it missed and the crit percent was at 100

It calculates your chance of hitting before the chance of criticaling, so if your chance of hit is 25% and your critical chance is 100% then you have a 25% chance to critical. You have to hit to be able to critical.

I agree with you both. It is retarded, but it makes makes sense too. I always assumed critical chance was above the hit chance in terms of what is first considered in battle.

Does that make 50% hit with 50% critical actually 25% critical chance? Making it 50% miss, 25% normal attack, 25% critical attack?

Damn, I'm confusing myself here...