Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rex Glacies

To be honest, I'm fine with the voice acting. I feel like, since it's the first time The Legend of Zelda has had full-on voice-acting for most everything in the game, compared to the snippets seen in Navi and Wind Waker, people are going to complain no matter what, though.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. I'm one of those people who will only watch an anime with the English voice acting, so I haven't been paying attention to the other dubs. It's not that I don't like Japanese or other languages, but if English is available, then I think "why bother with another dub?" But that's just my opinion. I understand if others would prefer other languages.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2017 at 10:15 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

Famitsu stuff

Mifaa sounds cute, and the birds are indeed a redesign of the Rito from The Wind Waker.  

So now we have Zora and Rito in one game... Okaaaaaaaaaay...

Yeah, I'm just as perplexed. By all means the inclusion of Zora to me meant that there was no way the Rito were in the game, looks like I was wrong. Guess some must have evolved and others did not, likely from living separately. That Rito Reebal looks pretty cool I must say.

Edited by DragonLord

On 1/18/2017 at 2:06 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

Like, how are Koume and Kotake alive in the Oracle games?  Ocarina Link supposedly died fighting Ganon, which would mean he already killed them by the time he was defeated.

Yet in Seasons/Ages, they're alive and well trying to resurrect the pig :/

Are you forgetting that the defeat of the Hero of Time sparked a decades-long war that could've given Ganondorf enough time revive Twinrova because he felt he owed them? Zant was revived in Twilight Princess, only to pull a Joker on Ganondorf by snapping his neck, killing Ganondorf and himself. Ganondorf would not toss away someone as useful as his own mothers, especially because he held the Triforce in his possession and was almost omnipotent.

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. o.O TWW clearly says the Rito are evolved Zora. Did Aonuma completely forget this or something?

Dev 1: "Zoras are cool, but so are Ritos. What do we do?"
Dev 2: "Why not both? :D"
Dev 1: "Yeah, you're right. Let's put both in the game just to screw with fans who still think there's a timeline."

1 minute ago, Zera said:

Dev 1: "Yeah, you're right. Let's put both in the game just to screw with fans who still think there's a timeline."

lol, good one.

20 minutes ago, Zera said:

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That doesn't make any sense at all. o.O TWW clearly says the Rito are evolved Zora. Did Aonuma completely forget this or something?

2 hours ago, DragonLord said:

Yeah, I'm just as perplexed. By all means the inclusion of Zora to me meant that there was no way the Rito were in the game, looks like I was wrong. Guess some must have evolved and others did not, likely from living separately. That Rito Reebal looks pretty cool I must say.

Aren't you forgetting that there is a population of Zoras that lives far and away from Hyrule in Labrynna? Even if no explanation is given whatsoever, I choose to believe the Zoras are from Labrynna, and may be interested just how the Rito evolved from their Hyrulean cousins.

5 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Aren't you forgetting that there is a population of Zoras that lives far and away from Hyrule in Labrynna? Even if no explanation is given whatsoever, I choose to believe the Zoras are from Labrynna, and may be interested just how the Rito evolved from their Hyrulean cousins.

Aren't you forgetting that this game is taking place in Hyrule? Why would the Zoras in Labrynna leave and go to Hyrule? Besides, the only way we know of to go between the two lands is a portal, as that's how Link got there. Nothing says the Zoras know about this or the Rito.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Aren't you forgetting that this game is taking place in Hyrule? Why would the Zoras in Labrynna leave and go to Hyrule? Besides, the only way we know of to go between the two lands is a portal, as that's how Link got there. Nothing says the Zoras know about this.

Link was able to get back to Hyrule from Labrynna/Holodrum by boat, and didn't Impa and Zelda Travel by land to there, too? If land travel is possible, it could be assumed that Labrynna/Holodrum were just as drastically affected by the Great Flood as well.

About Zoras, it's worth noting that there two species of Zora. The Sea Zoras and Rivers Zoras. Sea Zora are the blue, friendly ones that mostly appear in 3D Zeldas and River Zoras are the green ones that attack Link. The ones in Breath of the Wild may be evolved from River Zoras, since the Rito evolved from Sea Zoras.

On 2/3/2017 at 4:41 PM, Water Mage said:

About Zoras, it's worth noting that there two species of Zora. The Sea Zoras and Rivers Zoras. Sea Zora are the blue, friendly ones that mostly appear in 3D Zeldas and River Zoras are the green ones that attack Link. The ones in Breath of the Wild may be evolved from River Zoras, since the Rito evolved from Sea Zoras.

River Zora as far as I recall have only appeared in the Downfall timeline (which would seem to indicate the Rito did not evolve from them), not to mention the red Zoras we see here bear more of a resemblance to Sea Zoras than River Zoras such as this one below:

300px-Zola.png

It's quite possible that the Rito are the ones who evolved from the Sea Zoras, while the regular red Zoras did not. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

19 hours ago, DragonLord said:

River Zora as far as I recall have only appeared in the Downfall timeline (which would seem to indicate the Rito did not evolve from them), not to mention the red Zoras we see here bear more of a resemblance to Sea Zoras than River Zoras such as this one below:

300px-Zola.png

It's quite possible that the Rito are the ones who evolved from the Sea Zoras, while the regular red Zoras did not. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

River Zora sort of appeared in PH and ST as "Zora Warriors" who fought on land.

As far as adult Timeline Rito go, though, they're definitely decended from Sea Zora, considering Laruto is a Sea Zora.

Another thing that's worth noting is that the Zoras that appear in Breath of Wild are much larger and bulkier than usual. The male one even has to kneel in order to shake hands with Link. Compare to the Zoras that appear in the other 3D games, the Zoras in this games are much smaller and more graceful looking. 

The larger build of Breath of Wild could be a result of evolving from the more monstrous River Zora.

New video from GameXplain

They don't go through dungeon information, which Nintendoeverything did, so I'll put it here in spoilers:

Spoiler

New dungeon

– Nintendo took Game Informer directly to a dungeon
– This dungeon is constantly moving
– Game Informer says “Link must manipulate the entire enormous mechanism through his own ingenuity”
– Players can skip dungeons if they want and go straight to Calamity Ganon
– The substance known as malice covers the dungeon
– Link gets hurt if he touches it
– Can be destroyed by finding and attacking each pocket of malice’s eyeball
– Sheikah Slate serves as Link’s map, binoculars, more
– Use the slate in the dungeon to see a 3D model, tilt the entire dungeon from here
– Doing so slides blocks into place and opens up angles you can use to paraglide to new locations
– Voice tells you that you need to access terminals with the slate across the dungeon, marked on your map
– All bombs in the game are remote and don’t blow up on a timer
– Simpler approach with dungeons in Breath of the WIld
– Game Informer didn’t see the familiar chest opening animation and signature music
– Never found a signature Zelda item or compass
– Wind Blight Ganon is the dungeon boss here
– Voice tells you, “It’s one of Ganon’s own. It plays dirty.”
– Wind Blight Ganon is a huge monster, has no face, gun-like arm
– Wind Blight Ganon can create tornadoes and will fire large spikes

Obviously, what gets me here the most is "Wind Blight Ganon". I wonder what the hell that is. If there are four major dungeons, maybe there's one of each element. But what are they? Hmm...

I think I'll avoid watching that video since it says it has spoilers. It might not be super spoilerific, but simply saying it has any spoilers is enough for me not to look at it. :P

I'm avoiding the spoiler-train for this BotW. It's a special exception, because this is probably the longest I've ever waited for a game after its announcement.

Ninja'd, but I guess it doesn't really matter. It sucks a little bit that Hero Mode (if that's what they are calling Hard Mode) is DLC only, but being that it also houses the Cave of Ordeals Dungeon, I will be picking it up. DLC 2 is where it's at, though, and will probably be worth getting that Season pass, especially at $20 US. Most single DLCs cost that much. I also wonder what items will be in those Season Pass chests.

Same, I will buy the pass but not on Day One. Unless by some miracle I manage to save up, thank goodness I've stopped buying orbs from FE Heroes. Every in the content seems OK except for this Hard Mode which some say its a new kind of difficulty and the pricing for the first DLC pack. At least they have plans of expanding the overworld for this game. Also, alot of fans are getting worked up for this, they are even fans cancelling their preorders because of this announcement, which if I'm honest are folks that see any kind of DLC as taboo, even if its optional. 

I probably won't get the DLC on day one either, because I'll still have to shell out $300 for the Switch in addition to the money for the game. :P And I might get the Master edition if I can freaking find one.