A hypothesis on how the voting will work

Sable Argyle

So since every playable character has been added into the voting roster and then plenty of extras, that means there will inheriently be overlap with pre-existing characters that are already build into the game, since we've already seen plenty of people who are on that roster. 

My guess is that the characters we've already seen, even if they get into the top 10 spots, will not count if they're already in the game.

Now this will mean that there is the possibility of losing your vote by casting your ballet for someone who is already guaranteed a spot, or conversely that they'll allow someone already in the game to take one of the top ten spots and then cause a spot to be lost due to them already being in the game. That would suck, but it's a possibility.

So my outlook on this hypothesis is: Don't vote for someone you know will most likely be in the game (e.i. Ike or Corrin) or someone who has already been shown in game (e.i. Lon'qu or Minerva). I say vote for actual underdogs since for some characters have a shot at being seen outside of japan and voiced as well.

That being said you shouldn't let what I say stop you from voting for whoever you want.

If you read CancerTurtle's thread, they explain the way the voting will work, and the fact that heroes who are already in the game will get special treatment, even if they ARE already in. Did you read the event rules and details on the website...? They're pretty clear there on about everything except the way repeat votes are counted. 

43 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

If you read CancerTurtle's thread, they explain the way the voting will work, and the fact that heroes who are already in the game will get special treatment, even if they ARE already in. Did you read the event rules and details on the website...? They're pretty clear there on about everything except the way repeat votes are counted. 

Clearly not closely enough.