Should Echoes have a "newcomer mode"?

Should Echoes have a "newcomer mode"?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. A completely optional mode that add children, marriage, weapon triangle, new classes and characters, etc...?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Save marriage for a small thing of text in the epilogue, not a gameplay mechanic. 

I think supports should be added into this game, but their purpose is to flesh out characters and give battle advantages, and that's about it. No one is getting hitched and popping out babies until the epilogue where it doesn't matter because you already beat the game. Like how the GBA games did.

I'm fine with new characters, they're a given in a remake, and the cast of the original was small, so I'm not completely opposed to it. New classes are good too, mainly since many of the units in the original had the same thing (there weren't even playable axe users) so I wouldn't mind the addition of more classes and altering characters to fulfill their new roles, that way they have more of a purpose.

Tbh I wouldn't mind the weapon triangle. I usually end up making my units powerful enough to where it doesn't matter they'll still crush the enemy. But I do use it early game, so I'm cool with it. Perhaps Tobin would be more useful this time around.

I can see Casual and even Phoenix mode coming. Weapon triangle, sure, since that got implemented in FE11 and FE12 since the weapon triangle didn't exist in FE1, FE3, and FE2.

Supports... I can see it happen but can't see marriages and children happening since those were not in the original game and it would be hard to fit them in for story reasons since the game takes place between the events of Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem and the game already ships certain pairings:

Spoiler

Alm + Celica

Zeke + Tatiana

Playable avatars also likely wouldn't happen since Gaiden never had one and just look what happened to FE12.

New characters are already a given due to the trailer showing names not seen in Gaiden and FE11 brought in original characters as well as characters previously seen in Akaneia Saga.

Not entirely sure about new classes (renamed classes are probably more likely).

I can definitely see new missions/objectives in order to recruit new characters. I just hope that the recruitment requirements aren't like FE11's when it comes to new units.

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I can see Casual and even Phoenix mode coming.

Wouldn't Phoenix mode be irrelevant since Gaiden had springs where you could resurrect fallen allies?

I totally think they should bring Casual Mode and Phienox Mode for Echoes: Shadows of Valentia as new players don't want get any of their team characters getting killed and have to reset the progress all over again if they don't know about Revival Statues gets out of life remaining if I recall correctly. New Mystery of the Emblem has Casual Mode also and it was an excellent feature also.