It looks like Mila and Duma are dragons

1 hour ago, RedRob said:

Make it Liches so the final boss can be the Lord of the Undead, supported by all the characters you let die during the game.

That would be awesome, really wish they would do that. Would make for a great end boss fight.

28 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That would be awesome, really wish they would do that. Would make for a great end boss fight.

Also thought of vampires units that could convert your units to their side. We should probably make a thread to continue this discussion elsewhere before going further with it though.

1 hour ago, RedRob said:

Also thought of vampires units that could convert your units to their side. We should probably make a thread to continue this discussion elsewhere before going further with it though.

I agree, really like this idea. Undead is such an uncovered area by Fire Emblem. 

Duma is based heavily on the Carcohl. Don't know if anyone's pointed that out yet. People go looking for similarities to dragons but once you read the article I linked, it becomes extremely obvious that the Carcohl was the main inspiration for Duma. Here's a small post I made on reddit comparing the Carcohl with Duma using pictures.

Hopefully, it stays that way because it would suck to lose such a unique and obscure inspiration for an enemy.

On 1/28/2017 at 11:22 AM, Ranger Jack Walker said:

Duma is based heavily on the Carcohl. Don't know if anyone's pointed that out yet. People go looking for similarities to dragons but once you read the article I linked, it becomes extremely obvious that the Carcohl was the main inspiration for Duma. Here's a small post I made on reddit comparing the Carcohl with Duma using pictures.

Hopefully, it stays that way because it would suck to lose such a unique and obscure inspiration for an enemy.

Interesting stuff. But I do believe some dragon went into the design too. He clearly has the remains of some kind of wing appendages on both his battle and map sprite. They even flap when you highlight the sprite. Still, snail dragon squid isn't too far removed from snail snake squid. Things can have multiple influences.