does anyone know what the A-B-C areas signify in the character screen?

geozeldadude

That is a very good question... TBH I got no clue. My best guess would be some sort of equippables, maybe special skills/weapons, maybe items like Vulneraries. 

Haven't the letters "A-B-C" in this series always had something to do with Supports? Maybe a watered down version of them are available in this game, and you can borrow other character's Skills by engaging in Support Conversations. One for each "grade".

It could also have something to do with "events": each character has three events, they're sorted into tiers, and you unlock exclusive Skills for that character that way.

Edited by Gima

39 minutes ago, geozeldadude said:

okay, it seems likely that it's skills. it seems significant that the three colors of the letters are R, B, and G, though, the same as the weapon triangle.

That's true, they could have just kept those white like the other stat letters. Each letter might have use for a different skill, like Passive (A) - Battle (B) - Support (C) skills, and you can only pick one of each or something like that. Just a thought. 

9 hours ago, Gima said:

Haven't the letters "A-B-C" in this series always had something to do with Supports? Maybe a watered down version of them are available in this game, and you can borrow other character's Skills by engaging in Support Conversations. One for each "grade".

the more i think about it, the more i go back to thinking something along the lines of what you're saying about supports and gaining buffs from them. not sure why they would have three slots for that, though, unless you can only support with one other character and gain bonuses at all three tiers. also, the empty circle next to the letters could be where the character's face portrait goes, although it's kind of small for that, and, again, why would you need spots for three different faces?

Edited by geozeldadude

30 minutes ago, geozeldadude said:

the more i think about it, the more i go back to thinking something along the lines of what you're saying about supports and gaining buffs from them. not sure why they would have three slots for that, though, unless you can only support with one other character and gain bonuses at all three tiers. also, the empty circle next to the letters could be where the character's face portrait goes, although it's kind of small for that, and, again, why would you need spots for three different faces?

Hmm, I wonder. Actual supports, with the faces of the supporting characters, would make sense then. It could be that characters have affinity with three other characters and the faces show up as you unlock / get them through gatcha pulls and hero battles. 

That, or the circle is just a placeholder for the type of skills you have, and it fills up when you equip a skill. 

one more idea: maybe it has something to do with your friends list, where everyone can customize their heroes in diff ways, and then you can borrow skills from people on your friend list who are using the same hero. i dunno! guess we'll just have to wait and see.