Why I think time travel will never happen.

BalancedPro

The human body's immune system is rapidly changing to the oncoming diseases of the world. If someone were to travel into the future, they would die immediately to the "advance disease" of the future. If we travel into the past we would kill everyone since their body hasn't adapted yet to our "advance diseases".

The Earth revolves around the Sun, so you'd either need to go back by exactly X years or travel in space as well. But, I think the solar system/galaxy is also moving relative to something so you'd need to travel in space regardless?

>they would die immediately

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. But really evolution isn't a line, so we would also bring germs and bacteria that people of the past haven't built resistance to. It's a two way street.

Also if that situation did occur time travel still did happen, just without a favorable result. The question here is more "should we?" Than "can we?".

I love talking about time travel sorry.

Easily solved. Just send diseases further back in time first!

Edited by Wist
I used this post as a sandbox because I wanted to preview how a post would look before I remembered there was a preview button. I returned this post to its original content.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:05 PM, Baldrick said:

The Earth revolves around the Sun, so you'd either need to go back by exactly X years or travel in space as well. But, I think the solar system/galaxy is also moving relative to something so you'd need to travel in space regardless?

I'd never thought about this before. Could be calculated, though!

52 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

And that is why we should work on going to alternate dimensions instead

isnt that not possible as long as the wavefunction is collapsible?

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:01 AM, Balanced Ace said:

The human body's immune system is rapidly changing to the oncoming diseases of the world. If someone were to travel into the future, they would die immediately to the "advance disease" of the future.

How do you know that diseases exist in the future? Also, what about all that advanced medicine that they might have? Finally, I'm pretty you wouldn't "immediately die" to an unknown disease as soon as you materialised in the future.

Edited by NinjaMonkey