Can Multiple People Vote From The Same Computer?

Rezzy

So, if two different people use the same computer, is there a way for both of us to both vote for the character of our choice on the same day?  I think I have a Nintendo account, but haven't checked it to link it, yet, but I'm not sure if voting detects that or the IP address.  And even if I link my account, will an accountless vote count if it has the same IP address?

Since you mentioned being married, I'm assuming this is for you and your spouse?

My recommendation would be to have each of you make and register a My Nintendo account and to vote separately for whoever you're voting for. It DOES say in the extended rules that they reserve the right to invalidate votes that they think are trying to manipulate multiple accounts to rack up extra votes, so there's possibly some risk of that if you're each voting for all of the same characters among both profiles... My wife and I both have our own computers so it's less of an issue for us, but we're both voting largely for separate characters just to get our favorites in there.

If you're not sure, maybe there's a way to contact customer support or something to find out....?

You could have one of you vote from your phone instead.

For non-nintendo id votes, I believe the information of having voted in x day is stored in the cookies/cache. I tested this out with both clear cache and incognito mode, and more votes could be done this way. 

You could also use a different browser. For example, you could vote on Chrome, and whoever else is on your computer could use Firefox. 

However, i don't know if they check IPs or not, nor do I know what happens to the vote once it's sent to the server. Chrome actually seems to not be able to pick up the network data---not sure if it's a feature of vue, or they have security measures in place to prevent chrome from showing any ajax calls.

Edited by Thor Odinson

21 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Since you mentioned being married, I'm assuming this is for you and your spouse?

Yeah, though I guess I could make my kids, vote too. :D

19 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

You could have one of you vote from your phone instead.

For non-nintendo id votes, I believe the information of having voted in x day is stored in the cookies/cache. I tested this out with both clear cache and incognito mode, and more votes could be done this way. 

You could also use a different browser. For example, you could vote on Chrome, and whoever else is on your computer could use Firefox. 

However, i don't know if they check IPs or not, nor do I know what happens to the vote once it's sent to the server. Chrome actually seems to not be able to pick up the network data---not sure if it's a feature of vue, or they have security measures in place to prevent chrome from showing any ajax calls.

I went ahead and voted from my phone today, I was at work at the time, but I'll try again tomorrow, and see if it lets me do it from home.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm fairly certain the site's cookie-based, since changing networks did not affect my vote status of the day.  If that helps, Rezzy.

Thanks, now just to dig out my 3DS and figure out what my account ID is.

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, though I guess I could make my kids, vote too. :D

I hear ya xD Whatever the case though, just keep in mind that you don't wanna risk losing all your votes by getting too greedy .3. Like people've said, we don't know how they judge what is and isn't cheating, so if you're not sure, better to avoid it. Voting from multiple devices sounds like the best bet. 

Edited by BANRYU

7 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I hear ya xD Whatever the case though, just keep in mind that you don't wanna risk losing all your votes by getting too greedy .3. Like people've said, we don't know how they judge what is and isn't cheating, so if you're not sure, better to avoid it. Voting from multiple devices sounds like the best bet. 

Yeah, I was joking about my kids voting, but I do think both of us should be able to vote, without being penalized.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I was joking about my kids voting, but I do think both of us should be able to vote, without being penalized.

omg.... -headdesk- will these jokes ever not go over my head, christ....

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

omg.... -headdesk- will these jokes ever not go over my head, christ....

No worries, it's hard to judge tone when it's only text.  When I use smilies and stuff, I'm usually joking, though.

Edited by Rezzy