FE4 question regarding Julia.

Vaikanfu

On my first playthrough she was promoted, but I guess it doesn't matter because she gets a very powerful  weapon in the final chapter to compensate. I don't want to go into spoiler territory but make sure she's only equipped with the Nosferatu tome before chapter 10. Let's just say it could make re-recruiting her in the final chapter a bit easier.  

If you promote her you can give her Fire and weigh her the hell down and bait her with someone who has high res! Or you could give her the Aura I guess but eh. It's not worth missing Resire over.

If you strip Julia of her weapons pre-abduction she only comes after you with a Lightning tome right? Though leaving her with a fire does sound better still. Either way, it isn't hard for Sety or Corple to silence her so she isn't really a threat provided you take out Manfroy fast enough.

1 hour ago, Vaikanfu said:

I don't have Nosferatu, sadly but according to the wiki I can buy a silence staff in the vendor of chapter 8. Don't items from vendors stay in all shops until you buy them?

Yes, they do until the end of time...

As for promoting julia, i recomend you do so, because you don't really get another chance before the Julius fight.

Remember that the silence staff only works if your magic is greater than the target's resistance. Because julia's resistance is high, you may have to equip a magic ring.

I think you should promote her by then, however before she has to leave the team let her sell or store her items except the circlet. When she comes back she will have Lightning only. However just put someone within resistance like Ales on the castle and strict her there while your horseback units fight off Manfroy then just let Celine speak to her.

4 hours ago, sirmola said:

As for promoting julia, i recomend you do so, because you don't really get another chance before the Julius fight.

Remember that the silence staff only works if your magic is greater than the target's resistance. Because julia's resistance is high, you may have to equip a magic ring.

Yeah, this. Check her stats, promote her, and check again to make sure your Silence user can take her on. I had to use the MCG ring to neutralize her my last PT.

You can warp her back to the home castle to promote after you re-recruit her if you want. Though then you'll have to run her all the way back to Velthomer for the Naga tome, or send your warp user to the home castle to warp her back to Freege/Velthomer, lol.

Julia will tend to go after Seliph, but if his resistance is high enough (Read: Seliph has Tyrfing equipped), Julia won't attack him. Just rush Seliph to Velthomer and don't worry about Julia since as long as Seliph has Tyrfing equipped Julia is hardly a threat to him.

I think it's worth nothing that while characters with 31+ resistance are hard to hit with status staffs, they do face a 100% chance of being affected by status swords. So if she were to get a Resistance Ring on top of a capped Resistance stat, she could be easily disabled with the Sleep Sword.

Of course that would be an exploit, and Resistance Rings are at their most valuable after Julia leaves, due to all the enemy mages.

Edited by BrightBow

Luckily my Ced now has 2 more points of Magic than Julia and I have one use of Silence left, so keeping her at bay while someone deals with Manfroy shouldn't be much of a problem. When I get the chance, I'll do some arena rounds with him to get some more cash to get back the two uses I spent. Do staves stay in your inventory as broken items like physical weapons do? Or is it like FE3 rules and they vanish?