FE7 lord Shipping Rankings

Magical Glace

???  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Eliwood?

2. 2. Hector?

3. 3. Lyndis?

I think the reason I don't like Lyn/Kent as much is because even now I feel like there is some inequality to the pairing, that Lyn will always be "my lady Lyndis" to Kent. It comes off as her only pairing with that kind of inequality to me, and I guess I didn't see Lyn as reciprocating Kent's feelings until the A support, although I could see it being argued that it was there in the B support as well. To be fair, Lyn/Kent is my second favorite pairing for her, I just don't like it as much as Lyn/Rath.

Also, I should add that the portrayal of both Lyn and Kent in certain Lyn/Kent stories may have had a hand in ruining the pairing for me as well. They may be a princess and knight, but Lyn's far from a typical princess and shouldn't be treated as such ...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The question is, did you go into it with an open mind? Did you read all supports that were not pairings to get an idea of what these characters act like compared to other people whom they can't romantically support? Or were you looking for excuses in your mind to continue shipping what you do? I'll outright admit that I didn't want to like any other pairing for Takumi or Oboro in Fates because I felt they went the best together. Except I'll totally admit that I was biased towards them to begin with, and I'm a lot less passionate about pairings in general so if someone else likes them with other people, that's totally fine. I don't care, as long as they're not going around character bashing either of them to make their other preferred pairing work.

Or in other words, having a crush on someone does not automatically mean "true love". I really have no idea how you even misinterpreted this.

Of course I did. and I read a few same gender supports, why would I not? I didn't read every single support in the game though. Why should I? And I'm not bashing anything, why do you bring that up?

And duh, of course a crush doesn't mean true love. Again I feel like you're treating me like an idiot and I ask you to stop.

Did you know that being an opinion doesn't necessarily mean it's right

But some opinions CAN be wrong, especially when they concern other people.

Aaand I'm not listening to you anymore. Because this is just plain untrue. Your example doesn't even talk about true opinions, those are facts. The girl actually being older than she appears is a fact, so the assumption you gave as an example is getting a FACT wrong, not an opinion. The guy actually not having gotten a mail-order bride is a fact, which again your assumption example gets wrong by assuming that the girl IS a mail-order bride.

And opinion using the same subject would be "they look so odd together because of the height difference and her young appearance." Not what you said. Sometimes odd is nice though. :P Heck, I would look similarly odd with a lot of men myself because I'm small and youthful in appearance, if I do say so, and I don't mind lol, I find the idea amusing.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I did. and I read a few same gender supports, why would I not? I didn't read every single support in the game though. Why should I? And I'm not bashing anything, why do you bring that up?

And duh, of course a crush doesn't mean true love. Again I feel like you're treating me like an idiot and I ask you to stop.

Did I say you specifically were bashing in this situation? No, no I didn't. I bring it up, because that is behavior I do see from certain shippers. And, if you want to make this about you, some people would argue that you bash Geoffrey to make Ike/Elincia look better.

If you feel like I'm treating you like an idiot and want me to stop, don't give me reasons to, in your words, "treat you like an idiot".

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Aaand I'm not listening to you anymore. Because this is just plain untrue. Your example doesn't even talk about true opinions, those are facts. The girl actually being older than she appears is a fact, so the assumption you gave as an example is getting a FACT wrong, not an opinion. The guy actually not having gotten a mail-order bride is a fact, which again your assumption example gets wrong by assuming that the girl IS a mail-order bride.

And opinion using the same subject would be "they look so odd together because of the height difference and her young appearance." Not what you said. Sometimes odd is nice though. :P Heck, I would look similarly odd with a lot of men myself because I'm small and youthful in appearance, if I do say so, and I don't mind lol, I find the idea amusing.

I don't care if you don't listen to me anymore. When have you ever listened to me anyway? I've been trying to talk to you for years, and you've never listened so I've given up. Why is this time any different? (You're also the one who responded to me first this time.)

Also, it's a FACT that some people will try to pass off awful and judgmental things as an opinion. You also completely missed the point of my example, which again I'm not completely sure how you did, when my point was that people looking in from the outside don't always make the right judgement about people or situations they don't know about. Like how someone who thinks that a relationship between two people is bland would be wrong if it's not bland to the only two people it matters to. Honestly, you don't give a shit what I say, because you just want to hold onto your gospel that "opinions are never wrong", because you never want to be wrong.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Did I say you specifically were bashing in this situation? No, no I didn't. I bring it up, because that is behavior I do see from certain shippers. And, if you want to make this about you, some people would argue that you bash Geoffrey to make Ike/Elincia look better.

I don't care if you don't listen to me anymore. When have you ever listened to me anyway? I've been trying to talk to you for years, and you've never listened so I've given up. Why is this time any different? (You're also the one who responded to me first this time.)

I know you didn't say that, I was just wondering. >_> I was never trying to make it "about me."

You did not need to bring that up and I don't bash Geoffrey at all for any reason, not these days. What you're talking about happened years ago, if anything (and I will admit I was probably a little too harsh on him back then). I don't even hate him anymore, I just plain don't care for him. It's not like I equate him to characters like Mia or Camilla who I believe have no redeeming qualities. Geoffrey at least has a cool design (in RD, that is) and is of that chivalrous knight type I tend to dig.

Believe me, I've tried to listen to you many many times, but you just make it difficult for me to because some of the things you say irritate me. I responded to you because I didn't think we'd end up in this argument. It looks like we will simply not agree, so how about we end this before it gets really bad? I'm sure you don't want a real fight to start or anything, right? I'm trying to be as nice as I can here.

"opinions are never wrong", because you never want to be wrong.

Okay, now this is just plain dumb and statements like this are what make you hard for me to listen to, see. Of course I technically don't WANT to be wrong, but I fully admit that I'm wrong sometimes.  In fact, it feels like I'm wrong a lot at times and I am trying to work on that.

Edited by Anacybele

Eliwood/Ninian, I really love this pairing! I love the way it connects to the story, and the implications of Roy being Nergal's grandson are just awesome!

Hector/Florina...although lately, I have kind of leaned more towards Hector/Farina. I like the supports with Florina, I think there's some genuine development in their relationship there, but Farina's supports just make sense. 

Lyn/Rath, for sure. And if not that, then Lyn/Kent. Lyn/Hector is boring, bland and highly overrated, just because a guy and a girl are close friends does NOT mean they're interested in a romantic relationship. Both Rath and Kent make way more sense for Lyn as a romantic interest, Hector just seemed forced, it's like they said "oh hey they're both lords THEY HAVE TO HAVE A MARRIAGE OPTION, GUYS!"

19 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Lyn/Hector is boring, bland and highly overrated, just because a guy and a girl are close friends does NOT mean they're interested in a romantic relationship.

I can actually say the same thing about Lyn/Rath, to be honest. Not to mention, Lyn and Hector sure don't seem like they're nothing more than "close friends".

3 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

I can actually say the same thing about Lyn/Rath, to be honest. Not to mention, Lyn and Hector sure don't seem like they're nothing more than "close friends".

Close friends is ALL Lyn and Hector seem like to me. But opinions. :^_^:

• 2 weeks later...

Hector and Lyn's pairing have a unique theme associated with the pairing

the only other pairing to get a unique theme is Eliwood x Ninian, which is almost unanimously considered the canonical pairing by sheer inferrence

theres also the fact Lyn fails to fufill the lord archetype that Marth, Alm, Celica, Sileph, and Leif all followed in their respective games (in Marth's case, his sequel at least) and that Roy follows in his ending should he marry Lilina which similar to Eliwood X Ninian is the most generally accepted pairing; probably for this exact reason-

The lord(s, in Gaiden and FE4/5's cases) of the game become very highly influential rulers who unify their homeland and bring peace to it in some way, as well as taking the throne and ruling afterword. Marth becomes the great Hero King who created the United Kingdom of Archanea, Alm and Celica unite Valentia and lay the foundation for Valm, Sileph unites Grannvale and Leif unites Thracia. In Roy's Lilina ending he unites the Lycian Legaue and creates the United Kingdom of Lycia, pretty closely paralling Marth, something that he fails to do in any other pairing or his solo ending.

In Hector's case, he does this regardless of pairing; he takes the Ostian throne and brings a new and powerful order to the Lycian League. When he dies, Eliwood fulfills this in a strange way by having to fill Hector's shoes; but Eliwood still ultimately fulfills this nonetheless.

This leaves Lyn as the single odd duck in the entire series up until this point; she basically for no reason abandons Caelin and hands it over to Hector in her solo ending and her endings that pair her with anyone but Hector, and Caelin is annexed into Ostia and Ostia expands this way- so the area that was Caelin exists in FE6, it's just part of Ostia.

This makes a much, much larger amount of sense however if she marries Hector; she becomes the wife of Marquess Ostia (Queen Ostia?), DOES take her rightful throne as all lords in the series have up until this point (through co-ruling Ostia, which is now one and the same with her throne of Caelin) and fulfills the role of the lord unit in Fire Emblem similarly to her predecessors by uniting Ostia and Caelin. Not as grandiose a scale as Marth or Alm but it is a distinct event.

it also has the very tidy side effect of perfectly explaining her absence in FE6 if she gets butchered with her husband tragically just offscreen.

For the record, Eirika and Ephraim do this in their ending for Renais, Ike fulfills this in a weird and minor extent (inheriting Greil's position), Elincia and Micaiah in a more obvious extent (Queen of Crimea and Queen of Daein), Chrom does this halfway through the game (becoming the Exalt) and my memory is fuzzy but his ending might have to do with doing more to unify the world? And finally, the avatar does this for Valla in Revelation, Xander does this for Nohr in both Conquest and Revelation, and Ryoma likewise for Birthright and Revelation, with the Revelation ending resulting in the three rulers unifying their three kingdoms in peace.

So it's actually a consistent thing that happens every game in the series, so Lyn would be an extremely odd duck compared even to Michaiah if she doesn't canonically marry Hector.

i think them dedicating a unique theme that plays NO WHERE ELSE in the game to Hector X Lyn and not having any other unique pairing themes except for Eliwood X Ninian is a strong indicator that FE7 was written with Hector X Lyn being considered the canonical series of events, due to the above reasons and more.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else kind of wish the Strategist could support in FE7?  I feel like a lot of Lyn's dialogue (especially during her story arc) make Lyn/Strategist a decent pairing, and would help explain why neither of them is around in FE6.  It also, I think, ties in nicely with Lyn's cameo in Awakening.

Speaking of Lyn and the Strategist, can anyone explain Lyn's line of, "You'll be my master strategist, and I'll be your peerless warrior!"  What, exactly, does Lyn expect that a lone warrior needs with a strategist?  I suppose that after losing all the family and friends she's ever known and then living completely isolated for a while she should be allowed some eccentricities, but still...

Eliwood/Ninian for life. Fight me if you disagree. :P

Those two are made for each other. They're both gentle, compassionate and sweet.

Hector/Lyn simply because I like abrasive attraction relationships in which both parties bicker a lot, and I see a lot of affection between them even though they often butt heads. Plus, since both Lilina and Roy's mothers are dead by Binding Blade, it also explains what happened to her during that time. And yeah, considering Caelin of Binding Blade is a part of Ostia, it makes sense should Lyn have married Hector canonically.

I was reading through Serra's support conversations, and the beginning of her A Support with Sain seemed rather applicable to this discussion:

Serra: Hey, Sain. So, who do you think Lyn will end up with? Lord Eliwood? Lord Hector, maybe?
Sain: Lady Lyndis? Hmmm... Why do you ask?
Serra: Well, you know, it’s fun to guess! No matter who she chooses, it’ll be big news throughout Lycia, right? But who? Who? Which one, do you think?
Sain: I think it’s a mistake to restrict the contest to just those two. Why even this humble knight might be a suitable suitor.
Serra: No, not you, Sain. You’re not even in the running...

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Sain: I think it’s a mistake to restrict the contest to just those two. Why even this humble knight might be a suitable suitor.
Serra: No, not you, Sain. You’re not even in the running...

Serra really is cold-blooded. :B):

-Eliwood/Ninian

On 3/8/2017 at 3:09 PM, Extrasolar said:

Those two are made for each other. They're both gentle, compassionate and sweet.

Couldn't have said it better. Roy sounds awesome as a half-dragon too.

-Hector/Florina: I think their supports are kinda cute. Plus the brash/shy ship dynamic is interesting. Hector is sweet and considerate despite his badass attitude (He gave Nils a piggyback ride lol).

-Lyn/Rath: They seem to share the same experiences, loneliness, etc so they just clicked for me. Lyn didn't seem happy as a lord (considering that she gave up Caelin for the plains), plus Rath deserves to be happy.