• Nils
    • Ninian
    • Tethys
    • Reyson
    • Rafiel
    • Leanne
    • Olivia
    • Azura

Dancers are not meant for attacking. I mean, sometimes they can, but it's hardly recommended. Instead, the role of a Dancer is to give someone else the chance to attack again. Since, in the majority of games, this is one additional unit, the benefits of bringing a dancer can sometimes be outweighed by bringing one less strong unit to bring one more weaker unit to defend. After all, you can't move at all on the Enemy Phase.

As for other skills of the Dancer: Nils/Ninian is able to, instead of giving a unit a second turn, use one of four special rings to boost a certain stat, like Attack or Crit Rate. This boost lasts for one turn (so, contrary to most uses of the Dancer, should probably be used before the target has moved), and the rings have limited uses. Herons in Radiant Dawn had other songs they could perform. While they had a tad more long lasting effects, they tended to be overlooked because of their high level requirements (Valor and Recovery) or their ultimate 'nice, but no Vigor' factor (Bliss and Sorrow). Exclusive skills also boosted the stats of the target of a Dance as of Awakening.

What a support unit! Pity there's only one-at-a-time per game. Really, is 'dancing for each other' really that bad after Thracia's Dancer nerf and minus the Herons (probably the only time they tried keeping them apart in the narrative)? If they can only Dance one unit, then it's just a novelty, and it's putting Dancers on the enemy team that should be a concern (which is something Thracia did... well for its standards).

No Classic/Veteran/Modern today. There are few Dancers- rather like Lords.

This should be titled Dancer/Singer/Bard, because not all of these units are actually dancers, some sing or play music.

Anyway, tough choice between Reyson and Azura... I guess I'll pick Reyson because Tellius bias. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

This should be titled Dancer/Singer/Bard, because not all of these units are actually dancers, some sing or play music.

Anyway, tough choice between Reyson and Azura...

Eh, some of the other lists were, strictly speaking, combined classes. But if I was listing every class that made up the Cavalier list...

Plus, Lewyn and Homer are Bards in Judgral, and they're powerful mages.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Eh, some of the other lists were, strictly speaking, combined classes. But if I was listing every class that made up the Cavalier list...

Plus, Lewyn and Homer are Bards in Judgral, and they're powerful mages.

Yeah, but I feel those combined classes had more of a reason to be combined. I mean, you really can't call Reyson or Nils dancers because...well, they're not! They don't dance! xP

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I feel those combined classes had more of a reason to be combined. I mean, you really can't call Reyson or Nils dancers because...well, they're not! They don't dance! xP

They fulfill the same function, though.

1 minute ago, Just call me AL said:

They fulfill the same function, though.

I still think it's awkward to list them as "dancer" when they don't actually dance, even if what they do has the same effect.

I picked Lalum by mistake; I thought it said Laylea (who is absent by the way). I know she is a substitute character, but I find Laylea the prettiest (like I said before, I am a sucker for dancers as I like the belly dancer aesthetic.  Bonus points for bare midriff and bare feet. Tethys is an honorable mention. In fact, I am fine with all of the options on this list--except for Aqua/Azura (my problems with her are in regards to the plot of fates and I will leave it at that).

Edit: On second thought, I like Leen the best (I wish I could change my answer).

Edited by KoimanZX

Sylvia. The four unit refresh was cool, and I liked her personality. The sword was novel at the time as well, even though it obviously shouldn't get much use. Novel to me anyways, I know Phina had a sword, but I played FE4 before 1 or 3.

HM to Rafiel, I almost picked him, and I'm bummed he has no votes. 

Edited by Cornguy

HM to Rafiel, I almost picked him, and I'm bummed he has no votes. 

He's technically the most useful heron in FE10, so I'm a bit surprised - no - even shocked.

Sylvia and Rafiel are the best for me because they can always refresh four units, but Sylvia has more availibility so my vote went to her.