GameXplain hands-on impressions video

Shadow Stalker X

Sounds like they rather enjoyed it, though they admit one hour wasn't enough to check whether or not progression was mired in micro transactions. Still, I'm glad to hear they say it looks, sounds and plays like Fire Emblem on a phone.

4 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Also, note that they mention time vs money. You have the option to wait rather than spend (farm Ville style).  The most ideal free to play model.

Pretty standard in this genre. You'll regain a stamina point every X minutes(Brave Frontier was 3, One Piece Treasure Cruise was 5, and Final Fantasy Record Keeper was 3, iirc). Beyond this, your stamina should fully refill and your cap should raise every time you level up. So at the start you'll be able to play for hours on end due to low mission costs, the video mentioned two stamina for his missions, and frequent refills. As you get further into the game, though, you'll find your playtime per sitting dropping due to higher mission costs and much sparser level ups. It's at this point where the genre becomes wait or pay for a stamina refresh.

The one thing I didn't want... Stamina. I guess there's no mobile game that won't force you to wait, one way or another. I have played some mobile games that have the Stamina function, but actually drown you in refill items though. Hopefully we'll get some of that.

That indeed sounds really nice. Really glad to hear it still feels like a Fire Emblem.

Assist Skills as kind of Support lite sounds nice. Also the promotion comparison was interesting.

Interesting tidbit I noticed is that Heroes seems to price their premium currency cheaper than a lot of other games do, for what's it worth (1,99$ for 3 orbs as opposed to 2 I usually see).

Also, can I just draw some attention to how frigging perfect that artstyle is for Arthur?

Edited by Sylphid

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The one thing I didn't want... Stamina. I guess there's no mobile game that won't force you to wait, one way or another. I have played some mobile games that have the Stamina function, but actually drown you in refill items though. Hopefully we'll get some of that.

Hmm, from what he said it was really generous, starting with 50 stamina and the beginning chapters only taking two. As level-ups generally reset your stamina, I'm pretty sure you won't run out of stamina anytime fast, atleast in the beginning.

54 minutes ago, Thany said:

i had to laugh at arthurs art style being so DRASTICALLY different from everyone else XD

Same here xD! I sort of actually saw it as a super hero comic book style, which kinda suits him :3.

3 hours ago, mewyeon said:

"Battle damage illustrations"

I can smell the potential fanservice from here LOL

There's already fan art floating around on pixiv because of that!

Well, I wonder how long it'll take for the stamina to recharge... I played Pokemon Shuffle for the 3DS for a year and got pretty far without spending any money, even winning all rewards from competition stages during that time (it basically uses the stamina system with Hearts being stamina; 1 Heart takes 30 minutes to recharge and a player can only have up to 5 Hearts that are gained from merely letting time pass at a time; 1-2 Hearts are spent to play a stage). Stopped playing when Pokemon or Genius Sorority started getting more aggressive with new content to get players to spend on microtransactions.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Honestly, stamina system have to be the thing I loathe the most in mobile games. Clash Royal has a good mechanic or making you wait to open chests, with higher grade chests being available for purchase, but obviously that wouldn't work without a complete overhaul here. You already have our money with the gatcha mechanic, Nintendo, why must you make us wait to play the sodding thing.

Also glad they fixed Anna's one short arm in her damaged battle portrait. That was really egregious. Also fanservice battle damage portraits w00t!1!

I hate stamina but 2 per battle out of 50 doesn't sound too bad.

5 hours ago, mewyeon said:

"Battle damage illustrations"

I can smell the potential fanservice from here LOL

Spoiler

character_slide_10_c.png

Well...

It's not the worst I've ever seen...

Is it just me, or is Arthur drawn by whoever did the Codename Steam art? It looks pretty similar, just without the grainy/spotty shading effect. But yeah, wow, his art is pretty drastically different. I'm still disappointed that there are no characters from Tellius, Magvel, or Jugdral shown in the game yet, but hopefully I won't end up with many characters I don't care for at all.

EDIT: At least people who kept telling me Lucina probably bound her breasts are wrong. She's very clearly flat chested in that art. The art that shows her in a swimsuit also shows her flatness, but it doesn't seem like many people saw it, because I saw a lot of assumptions that Lucina bound her breasts to look more like a man in her Marth disguise. It would've made sense, yes, but she just happens to be naturally flat.

Edited by Anacybele

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Is it just me, or is Arthur drawn by whoever did the Codename Steam art? It looks pretty similar, just without the grainy/spotty shading effect. But yeah, wow, his art is pretty drastically different. I'm still disappointed that there are no characters from Tellius, Magvel, or Jugdral shown in the game yet, but hopefully I won't end up with many characters I don't care for at all.

EDIT: At least people who kept telling me Lucina probably bound her breasts are wrong. She's very clearly flat chested in that art. The art that shows her in a swimsuit also shows her flatness, but it doesn't seem like many people saw it, because I saw a lot of assumptions that Lucina bound her breasts to look more like a man in her Marth disguise. It would've made sense, yes, but she just happens to be naturally flat.

Are we talking about the art from the hands on video? Because I didn't see any swimsuit stuff, nor would I have expected to (though I do remember talk of "special outfits"). Also, I'm no gynecologist, but wouldn't this binding thing do some serious damage to a woman's chest?

1 minute ago, InfinityAlex said:

Are we talking about the art from the hands on video? Because I didn't see any swimsuit stuff, nor would I have expected to (though I do remember talk of "special outfits"). Also, I'm no gynecologist, but wouldn't this binding thing do some serious damage to a woman's chest?

No, of course not. Like you said, no one's been drawn in a swimsuit for this game. I was talking about some Awakening DLC artwork.

Btw, I need to know if the GameXplain guys' favorite lord is Ike because of dat close up they gave him. :D

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, of course not. Like you said, no one's been drawn in a swimsuit for this game. I was talking about some Awakening DLC artwork.

Ah, right. In that case, I am wondering about the special outfits that they were talking about. Personally I'm hoping for actually outfits rather than bikinis and swimshorts, though it's possible there'll be swimsuit DLC just to dig into players' pockets a bit more if they're being offered via orbs (which'd be super scummy). I would love to see outfits to make units look like their promotions or other class options.