Class Favourite Interlude

bethany81707

All right, so we've had 13 lists so far, and as far as I'm aware, I've covered every major class throughout the series history, and most minor classes found themselves slotted in where appropriate. Some major classes have been merged where they maybe shouldn't have, but hey, at least there were reasons why.

However- I know for sure that at least some classes have not received representation. The Villager, for one. I would like to ask the community at large what other classes have been overlooked, and whether or not there shoould be a Class Favourite 14 to cover them.

Well, 13 days of the Heroes poll and 13 of these polls fit rather neatly, I suppose...

Trainee could get a Class Favourite 14. You'd have 4 Classic characters (the Villagers from Gaiden), 3 Veteran characters (the Trainees from Sacred Stones), and 2 Modern characters (Donnel and Mozu). Still rather small, but I'd say as long as they were not split up it would be worthy of it's own poll.

I almost feel like Lara should be included in a "Trainee" poll. While she is a defined class and was already on the Thief poll, she also fits the archetype of a Trainee unit. She has incredibly low base stats and promotes twice, and the main idea out of getting use out of her involves doing that.

Just now, Slumber said:

I almost feel like Lara should be included in a "Trainee" poll. While she is a defined class and was already on the Thief poll, she also fits the archetype of a Trainee unit. She has incredibly low base stats and promotes twice, and the main idea out of getting use out of her involves doing that.

I haven't played Thracia 776, so OK.

5 minutes ago, Gima said:

I haven't played Thracia 776, so OK.

Lara's an odd case, though, as she can effectively skip her "second" tier. So it's up to Phineas.

Also, if you're really quick about it, she can technically be a 4-tier unit.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

Well, yeah, I was considering Lachiesis Lachesis Raquesis for similar reasons (and Master Knight was absent from Cavalier, for some reason).

Don't worry, I will figure out how to spell Raquesis's name for the poll itself.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, yeah, I was considering Lachiesis Lachesis Raquesis for similar reasons (and Master Knight was absent from Cavalier, for some reason).

Don't worry, I will figure out how to spell Raquesis's name for the poll itself.

Her name is canonically Lachesis now, at least according to the Heroes poll.

5 minutes ago, Gima said:

Makes sense, since she was named after one of the Greek Fates.

And thankfully, Lachesis isn't a goofy/gross/gender-bending name for the character, unlike Scathatch(aka Skasaher aka Ulster).

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Gima said:

Oh, I did get it right second try?

I suppose there are only so many ways to misspell a word until it stops being clear what you intended to say.

2 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

If I remember correctly, the Apothecary class line from Fates wasn't anywhere? There's only one character who starts in that class though (Midori).

I will never look at the name 'Midori' and not think of the annoying one.

...But yeah, that came to mind when poking around the Villager class.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

I could see voting for specific lord classes, noting the individual lord and promotion in the poll for each option.

...Is this not Class Favourite 1? I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting...

I'm hard-pressed to think of anything besides Trainees+Villagers, I think that pretty much covers anyone else. (Midori probably would/should have been included with Archers because I don't feel she really fits the class traits of the trainees)

Edited by BANRYU