They seem to be staying extremely faithful to the original game in terms of mechanics, and I am wondering if the hit rates will be changed. Do you think they will be changed? Do you think they should be changed? I hope they are changed, because the chance of hitting in gaiden is roughly 30-60%. I do think that huge terrain bonuses should stay though.

I feel the low hit rates fit the 1RN.

If they stick with 1RN, keep it. If they replace it with a newer RN system, modernize 'em.

Edited by Almerson

I don't mind lower hit rates if they're consistent about it between the player and the enemy, but I do think this is an example of why the Weapon Triangle is so advantageous and should be added (with enemy weapons rebalanced to match it of course). It lets you get away with low hit rates while also giving the player the opportunity to get around it in some way. As I've mentioned in a thread about Gaiden's map design on the NES and SNES Forum's, the massive terrain bonuses do work well but I still would like them to be toned down just a little bit. And maybe removed entirely on the healing squares (I'm already getting my health back, being basically immune to damage at the same time is pushing it a bit too far) unless they're like a stationary boss sitting on a throne or something.