Stats up from levelling up seems to be predetermined

pianime94

It seems we are free from RNG based level up? The empirical evidence: was doing the special map battle and got 2 level ups into my 2 charas. But one of my allies died and so I had to restart and lost my levels. Tried again and the same charas got back their level up and they gained the same stats up placement.

Possibly predetermined like how Conquest Lunatic is -- but it still RNG at its core.

(Sophia just got 4 perfect levels for me in 5 levels -- I doubt that's intended even if her growths are great... On that note, Sophia is now an actual Est in the eventual FE6 remake? Thank god)

23 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I leveled two of the same units up and they got the exact same level-ups everytime. Seeing as the chances of that are abysmally small, I believe we're indeed 'free' of RNG. 

We don't really know that.

For all we know, each character is predetermined based on account rather than just being pre-set for everyone.

Sophia's got 5 perfect level-ups out of 7 for me. I really doubt that is normal unless someone else can confirm that. (weirdly enough she has some of the highest defense in the game...). Meanwhile my Fa has got 1 or 2 stat ups most of the time. Again, I don't think that's pre-set by the devs.

Just now, DLuna said:

We don't really know that.

For all we know, each character is predetermined based on account rather than just being pre-set for everyone.

Sophia's got 5 perfect level-ups out of 7 for me. I really doubt that is normal unless someone else can confirm that. (weirdly enough she has some of the highest defense in the game...). Meanwhile my Fa has got 1 or 2 stat ups most of the time. Again, I don't think that's pre-set by the devs.

I really doubt character growths are predetermined based on account. It could be, but I would say that's very strange and possibly also not fair. The perfect level-ups in a row thing is nothing special though, quite a few of characters got that too (5-stars seem to get them most often). But I agree with you that I'm not 100% sure, I can't be.

I would quite like to know whether or not this is case. It seems like it should be, because imagine pulling a 5* only to watch them get shitty growths. Unless there's some way to circumvent that issue, it would be better if level ups were set.

i was watching a stream where anna leveled up to level 4 and only got sp. meanwhile on that same level when i played with anna, she also only gained sp. i think its character specific.

27 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Actually, it seems to be based on account/device, yeah, as my Lyn got subpar res when compared to the other Lyn.

Interesting. Considering how similar those two are (yours has +2 HP, the other has +4 Res, Atk/Spd/Def are equal), there's probably some variation but with a largely consistent growth pattern.

Wait, why is SP blank on the second one? It's not just 0, and unless the skills are unequipped the player might not have even used any.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Wait, why is SP blank on the second one? It's not just 0, and unless the skills are unequipped the player might not have even used an

It's because the right one is a friend's, haha.

Edited by pianime94

Every unit seems to have a set ammount of stat points for their max level, when and on which stats these points is where RNG kicks in, i've seen a few posts on Twitter comparing max level Takumis, and althrough they possess different stats, they all have the same value in a sum.

Edited by OakTree

4 hours ago, OakTree said:

Every unit seems to have a set ammount of stat points for their max level, when and on which stats these points is where RNG kicks in, i've seen a few posts on Twitter comparing max level Takumis, and althrough they possess different stats, they all have the same value in a sum.

Look at the Lyns above. the left one has -4 res and only +2 hp, the other stats are matched. So it's not balanced the way you suggested.

1 minute ago, Avestus said:

Look at the Lyns above. the left one has -4 res and only +2 hp, the other stats are matched. So it's not balanced the way you suggested.

Again, when the units gets their points is something that is left up to the RNG, there is a point in the game where units simply stop getting stats from levelling, some units get there faster due to RNG while others don't.

Hmmm.  I think the next level is "rolled" after a unit levels up.  That way, we can't save-scum by killing off a character to reset their level gains.  Think of it like the Battle Save RNG in Awakening.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm.  I think the next level is "rolled" after a unit levels up.  That way, we can't save-scum by killing off a character to reset their level gains.  Think of it like the Battle Save RNG in Awakening.

I think u r right. Me and my friend both pulled 4* Marth, and at lvl 12 mine had 8 defense while his, at lvl 10, had 12. Actually, his was better in almost every stat, the only exception being mine was 2 spd faster and had 1 more hp. Obviously these builds r different, but because when u have to redo a level the level ups r the same, I'd have to agree that it seems like the level up is predetermined after the previous level up. 

I observed that for the same character of same rank, they have the same growth pattern. This could mean that if you have 5 of the same character of equal rank, they will have the same stat at each levels. So if your unit is weaker than other player's unit, you probably can't do anything about it.

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

It could be, but I think there's something more to it aswell. Like, certain ceiling caps and low caps to prevent a unit from being too blessed or nerfed so that they always stay relevant, but can never 1v4. For example, I doubt we would ever see a Lvl.40 Marth with 10 speed. 

On 2/3/2017 at 5:51 AM, pianime94 said:

Don't worry, this thing could happen too!

Wow. This is by FAR the most variation in a character's stats I've seen. Once you level up to lvl 29, you'll probably end up with higher HP and about the same ATK/DEF/RES as the other Robin, but at least 9 less speed. Which is ridiculous.

Surprising that everybody seems to be getting super consistent growths, but apparently large deviations are still possible.

Units start with random stats too. I had a 3* sophia with 2 speed and a 3* sophia with 4 speed. When both were at level 6 the one that started with 4 speed was just better in every way so level-ups are definitely not the same between characters. They are handled similar to FE:F lunatic though.

I wouldn't be surprised if units at least get the same number of points once at max level. What I'm really curious about is whether they keep their same level-up pattern on rank up or if that re-rolls.