Camus in Heroes?

Coreyographed

18 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So far the 5 antagonists (Camus, Michalis, Narcien, Ursula, and Zephiel) and Xander are unobtainable.

Really? That's interesting. I'm kind of surprised it's the first time I've heard of FE1-FE14 characters that have art in-game, but aren't playable. I find it even more surprising that Xander is among them.

I wonder how soon or how much later down the line antagonistic characters will be playable. I'm not particularly looking forward to using any villains on my main team (except Lyon and Gheb), but I still have to wonder for those that do want to use FE villains on their team.

9 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Really? That's interesting. I'm kind of surprised it's the first time I've heard of FE1-FE14 characters that have art in-game, but aren't playable. I find it even more surprising that Xander is among them.

I wonder how soon or how much later down the line antagonistic characters will be playable. I'm not particularly looking forward to using any villains on my main team (except Lyon and Gheb), but I still have to wonder for those that do want to use FE villains on their team.

In Xander's case, it's probably plot-related as he's still Veronica's lackey currently.

As for the antagonists, perhaps they and others will be grouped together later.

Why the heck is Xander a Camus here?  In Birthright, he had a deep sense of loyalty to his country and his father.  Here, he's just being stubborn for no reason, unless the big reveal is that Veronica is his mother from an alternate universe or something.

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why the heck is Xander a Camus here?  In Birthright, he had a deep sense of loyalty to his country and his father.  Here, he's just being stubborn for no reason, unless the big reveal is that Veronica is his mother from an alternate universe or something.

His stated reason for sticking by Veronica is that she reminds him of Corrin (he says so at the end of the prologue).

Also (spoilers for end of Chapter 9

Spoiler

It's hypothesized that the reason Veronica keeps heroes around is that she's super lonely, so maybe Xander just feels sorry for her.

Just now, The Geek said:

His stated reason for sticking by Veronica is that she reminds him of Corrin (he says so at the end of the prologue).

Also (spoilers for end of Chapter 9

Hide contents

It's hypothesized that the reason Veronica keeps heroes around is that she's super lonely, so maybe Xander just feels sorry for her.

It still seems like a weak excuse, considering feeling sorry wasn't enough for him to side with Corrin him/herself in Birthright.

37 minutes ago, Hardin said:

It's pretty cool that they got his voice actor from BS Fire Emblem to reprise his role 20 years later. 

goddamn, really? i didn't know that but that's especially cool since navarre and ogma also have their voices from the OVA (and marth but he has since melee)

and even then navarre and ogma were in a full console game before this

this is just a mobile game so it's nice to see how much they're trying for something where they could so easily half ass it

Edited by unique