Exp Gain Limits

BANRYU

So maybe this has been mentioned somewhere before, I'm not sure, but I noticed while training Serra (using usual FE staff abuse tactics, farming weak ranged enemies for 1HP heals, etc.) that after a while exp gain levels off and eventually you don't get any more; I haven't tested too extensively, but it appears to be the case for all units total, where if too many actions are taken without enemies being KO'd eventually even a unit who hasn't landed a KO that round (even for enemies that should give decent exp, like a few levels higher) yield little or even nothing in some cases.

Also noticed this when grinding Sophia in the training tower, where she KO'd all 4 enemies, getting a substantial amount of exp each time except for the last, when she got like... 10-20 or so. Not sure if this is reflective of how little the enemy was worth relative to her raised level or if each unit has a limited amount of exp they can gain per map, on top of the total limit for everyone. 

The takeaway here is that dedicated kill-feeding and staff-abuse only goes so far and that you prob don't want to make too much of a habit of it

Edited by BANRYU

I believe staff users definitly get less exp the longer the chapter is and/or the more they heal. I haven't really noticed it with non-healers though, I always thought if I got less exp it was because the enemy level was just lower. 

It might just be level-correlated then, I'll keep an eye on it. IIRC, Sophes went from 7 to 10 so that might explain why she didn't get much more lol... although I swear I had another instance where one of my more inactive units didn't get some Exp for a kill? Maybe it was Serra and I'm remembering wrong. I'll keep an eye out...