Where did all the DLC go?

SatsumaFSoysoy

I was surprised by how there was absolutely no content coming out after Heirs of Fate. I realize that most of Awakening's DLC were legacy maps to celebrate the franchise, so it's natural that Fates wouldn't have as many of those. But with Echoes coming out and Fates fading into the background, I can't help but wonder why they never made more Scrambles etc. for Fates, or more challenge maps. We didn't get Fates' version of Apotheosis at all.

The game definitely sold well, and while reviews of the plot weren't exactly stellar (terrible), I'm sure there would have been quite a large amount of people willing to pay for more maps (me).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I know, it's a shame! Best guess is the translations for the scrambles were too immense to be cost-effective. Still, I was eagerly awaiting the scramble maps and from the looks of the fan translations, it added a fair amount of characterization. :(

I have a feeling there were plans for more DLC in general, but maybe the developers got overworked and had to quickly shift focus to the other four games they're working on?

After all, we never did get the unreleased skills like Bold Stance, nor the third Seal, the Master Emblem. Or even a single 5 star difficulty map.

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I have a feeling there were plans for more DLC in general, but maybe the developers got overworked and had to quickly shift focus to the other four games they're working on?

After all, we never did get the unreleased skills like Bold Stance, nor the third Seal, the Master Emblem. Or even a single 5 star difficulty map.

What did the Master Emblem do?

8 hours ago, Not_The_NSA said:

Stop being deceitful and spreading false information. Master Emblem and Supreme Emblem are both different items. Also, Supreme Emblem only sold for 99, 999 gold when the max gold you can carry in FE13 is 999, 999 gold so no, it doesn't max out your gold and you can also obtain it through Awakening's Renown rewards.

Thank you for telling me what the Emblem does, but you don't have to be so hostile.

Yeah it is a shame. I too was predicting an apotheosis like map and the other scrambles but it appears not. I was hoping they'd be announce during the FE direct but it didn't happen. It's a shame tbh. We didn't get a bit of fates content. Besides the scramble maps and the never happening apotheosis 2.0, we didn't get the Minerva dlc code which was only in Japan through cipher. It's the only way to get pegasus knight in fates and it was region locked. Also I'm kinda dissapointed we never got Roy patched in for fates and no news on the Corrin amiibo. Besides Roy having an amiibo there was also one other reason I though he'd get in fates. He had a fates style sprite that was officially made for cipher, Sigurd also had one. It should be in the image I'm linking

cries.png

Ah, that question; "where the flying ******* ****** **** are the rest of the Fates dlcs?" 

I really don't have an answer for you. The safest bet simply would be that between Heroes, Shadows of Valentia and whatever they have cooking for the Switch, IS didn't have the budget to contract Treehouse to localize what has been released beyond Heirs of Fate. Along those lines, they may have planed for more Fates DLC, but in the end, they simply chose to focus on the other three games rather than continue to make DLC for Fates.

It is unfortunate, really. All those maps that came out for Awakening meant that the game had a shelve life far longer than I expected it to. Despite my problems with Fates, I was hoping it would have a longer life than it did.

I kind of understand why the DLCs were interrupted (being busy for upcoming titles, etc.), even though it's still disappointing. It's quite obvious they were originally planning much more, given the amount of unreleased in-game stuff.

However, I'm very upset by the fact we'll never get the last two maps (which I was looking forward to play for extra conversations). It makes it all feel even more incomplete.

Edited by Pikappa93

im wondering if part of the reason the west didnt get all that DLC and stuff, is because the game(s) didnt have the same kind of reception as Awakening? The West was pretty hard on Fates, so perhaps the devs thought maybe it wasnt worth putting out more content for it...? I dunno. 

55 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wait, so the Festivals of Bonds never came out in the West? I was talking about them making even more Scrambles, but if they didn't even localize the existing ones... Damn.

Nope, neither of the Festival DLCs were translated. :(

On 2/10/2017 at 7:49 PM, Loki Laufeyson said:

im wondering if part of the reason the west didnt get all that DLC and stuff, is because the game(s) didnt have the same kind of reception as Awakening? The West was pretty hard on Fates, so perhaps the devs thought maybe it wasnt worth putting out more content for it...? I dunno. 

Hahaha, Awakening was very controversial back in the day, but now it's received more warmly since Fates is released. It's a natural cycle all fanbases go through, and I bet the Switch FE will have the same reaction.

More on topic, I am definitely disappointed in the lack of DLC, especially the lack of localized scrambles. There are many characters which had interesting ideas, but ultimately were underutilized due to the game's large workload - I once thought that Scrambles could fix that issue.